The bad part about Primal....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bad part about Primal....

Having to find new pants, belts and/or a seamstress to take in the pants you currently own.
    Gets a little spendy....
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

I know! With the weight I've lost already, I'm back in my "skinny" clothes, but I'm setting aside some money for when I need even smaller ones. As for belts, they should give you a leather punch for new holes along with the book!
    My True Primal Story

Comment

Try new everything. My entire wardrobe, minus two or three shirts and two jeans, is bagged up to be given away because I can't even pretend any of it still fits anymore. I am so glad both my birthday and Christmas are coming up.

Comment

Sure wish there were more Primal folks around here, I sew for a living. LOL!

Comment

Yep, I had to get an all new wardrobe from underwear to outerwear. Thank goodness for thrift stores! My size 6s are now my "fat pants" and my overall goal and dream was to get down to a size 10 (from a 14/16). I never thought I could possibly be smaller than a 10 and now I'm in a 4. This is the first time in my life I've needed a belt. I'm not complaining, however!!!!! I am simply amazed!

Comment

Mrs. Griffin and I have been having the same issue. Luckily, some of my close were borderline between too small and just right so they fit reasonably well now that I've shrunk some. My work clothes are the worse though. Baggy dress pants and shirts that I swim in do not look super professional.
            There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

So far I can hide the baggy pants with a smaller belt - the scrunched waist can be covered with a top but it's funny to me that I'm pulling them up all the time without a belt. Can't tell you the last time that happened to me...

I got some sweatpants at TJMaxx (cuz I rarely spend over $20 for pants as it is...) probably 1 month in to primal - they fit me perfectly - now they are so baggy and I have to pull the drawstring tight to keep them up for when I am doing my sprint workout or they fall down... I tried to wear just normal elastic band athletic pants and they were falling down me arse...can't run sprints so good while holding up your pants with the other hand!

I've lost 12 lbs and I'm only 2 mos in... so I wonder what things will be as I continue onward. My goal was a size 12 and the weight I'm at now. My size 12 pants are too big.

My absolute, only could get there if I won the lottery and could pay a trainer and a chef weight is now 10lbs away. Never thought it was attainable. I really might be!

It is very cool but at the same time I don't have a bunch of extra to buy new clothes! I am a huge fan of consignment/thrift and the Ross/TJMaxx type stores....

Wonder how much more will happen on this journey? I've started the essential movements - I'm pretty weak right now but looking forward to a day when I'm strong! grin.

Congrats to all of you and I'm glad you share in my "pain"!!
              We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Beginning of week two and down one hole on the belt. It will definitely be bittersweet to have to buy a new wardrobe...I've only had this one for a few months. Ah well, my wife and I will gladly spend the money for smaller clothes. It's the interim time that I dread...when we're too thin to wear what we own but haven't reached our goal weight so we'll look like we're drowning in our clothes. We'll definitely be going to the local Starvation Army store and get some in between wardrobe.

Definitely looking forward to that.

Comment

Type 2 Diabetic's

I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm taking metformin, lantis, and novalog. I've been PB'ing for about 4 weeks. I blew out my knee doing 725 pound leg presses so I'm not been able to do any PB exercises until the knee is recouped form surgery. My currenc weight is 280, 20 lbs lighter than I was 4 weeks ago. I've was taking 14-16 units of novalog before each meal. I'm now using 10 units at each meal and my blood sugars are rarely over 85, compared to 4 weeks ago when I was rarely under 150. Looking forward to hearing other success stories from type 2's. I'm really looking forward to PB exercising and getting off these meds.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker9333 View Post
                    I'm a type 2 diabetic. I'm taking metformin, lantis, and novalog. I've been PB'ing for about 4 weeks. I blew out my knee doing 725 pound leg presses so I'm not been able to do any PB exercises until the knee is recouped form surgery. My currenc weight is 280, 20 lbs lighter than I was 4 weeks ago. I've was taking 14-16 units of novalog before each meal. I'm now using 10 units at each meal and my blood sugars are rarely over 85, compared to 4 weeks ago when I was rarely under 150. Looking forward to hearing other success stories from type 2's. I'm really looking forward to PB exercising and getting off these meds.
                    My pastor was on your protocol and he's no longer taking any of them. He's also no longer considered a diabetic due to his bloodwork. After 18 months of paleo and Crossfit he's "cured" himself. Those were the doctor's words not mine.

Comment

I went from XXXL shirts to XL or even just Large on some. Pants went from 46 and tight 44s to size 36 regular or 34 relaxed. Still loosing though so holding off on buying very much. I have a nice random collection of sale t shirts and 9 dollar walmart jeans. It is hard not to buy a lot of nice new clothes but every few months I am down another size.
                      Went Primal January 24, 2011
                      Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
                      Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
                      According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day
                      sigpic

Comment

Man I hope I am at the end of the wardrobe journey. I don't even want to know what I have had to spend on clothes in the past 2 years. It is easily in the 4 figures. I have lost 100lbs and even after that I continued to lose inches. I am down to a 32" waist on pants and large shirts. I am pretty sure I even dropped half a size on my shoes. I recently changed jobs and no longer have to wear a shirt and tie but I had already invested several times in those clothes. It stinks because now for the most part they are just sitting in the closet.

I am working so hard to look better naked but I have to keep buying new clothes.
                        Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

The other thing that doesn't fit any more is my rings. All that puffiness in my fingers is gone. Rings that used to fit on my pinkie now have to be on my index finger or I will lose them.

The only thing that has gotten bigger is my feet because of wearing the VFFs. I think they have spread out and now refuse to be put into "cute" girly shoes.

Comment

Working...
                          X