No announcement yet.

Psoriasis, anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ana. Love it how a lot of 'treatments' co-exist or are dependant on eating consistent with primals 'rules'. It says a lot.

Thanks for the coconut oil suggestion chocolate chip - I will give it a try and report back. I love this forum.

Comment

Re Doctor Pagano. I read and (sort of) followed Dr Pagano's diet from his book. What a miserable diet! There's no way I could stick to it. I think he was half there in hypothesising that psoriasis is caused by an inability in the psoriatic patient to properly metabolize fats. His theory was to cut out ALL fats (except omega 3 of course) I now believe that it may be caused by a LACK OF (healthy) fats as well as other elements of the CW diet (grains, excess carbs, sugar) causing gut irritation and poor fat usage.

Anyway, I'm glad I read it and researched around the topic as it furthered my understanding of our complex organism. I'm not saying he was wrong by any means but knowing what I know now and seeing results allows me to backwards-hypothesise and modify his theories if you know what I mean.

My heart goes out to anyone with psoriasis/eczma. It really is a terrible thing to have. Advice from healthcare proffesionals on the topic is invariably disheartening and dangerous.

But if I'm really honest with myself, my psoriasis affliction is what ultimately inspired me to learn about holistic health and of course, brought me to MDA. WOOOHOO FOR PSORIASIS! lol. peace.

Comment

Infinite Aloe- infinitealoe.com I believe is the site. The stuff works. I have seen it help many, many people. The trick is several applications daily. May be worth a try!

Comment

Barehard,

Psoriasis was the thing that did the same for me. I had read Art De Vany's text on evolutionary fitness, and it made so much sense to me. So I started to imply some of the things he advised. I also began reading more. And then, I found some articles on psoriasis and diet (my psoriasis always was quite limited and it didn't bother me that much), and decided to go all the way!

I think I (or my familiy) needed the 'excuse' of the psoriasis. Funny thing is that a lot of things improved in the beginning, but the psoriasis remained. Now it really is better. And I'm at the end of a Belgian winter...

Comment

Coconut oil is great for Psoriasis, taken both externally and internally. Mine has pretty much cleared up since going Primal. I got it badly on my scalp and started rubbing coconut oil in it at night and washing it out in the morning. It's a great hair conditioner too!

Comment

Working...
            X