One month in and...well...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One month in and...well...

Celebrated the end of my first month primal this morning by weighing myself - down 14 lbs since October 1. Not going to weigh myself again until December 1 just to see if I can go without worrying about the scale.

October 1: 303
    November 1: 289

Really liking how things are going so far though...clothes are getting loose, plenty of energy, etc. Got my 2nd 5k coming up this weekend as well.

No pictures yet though...I promise I'll put some up on January 1, 2012.

Good Work! Congrats on your success!

Comment

Man, that is awesome. I'm sure the benefits are just beginning. Keep us updated and keep up the good work!

Comment

Awesome! I'm a month in too... really like the overall feel I have now... more rested, even energy levels... and I never really feel hungry or deprived or crave grains. Love it!

BIG CONGRATS to you!!!
        We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks...posted about it on facebook and had a couple of friends ask me what I was doing, so I'm trying my best to spread the word(and the butter).

I think I'm most excited about the next few months and also how much potential for change there is before next summer.

Comment

Go Uppy! You are tearing it up. The skyscraping beast emerges!

Comment

Thanks Timothy. It's getting really fun - coworkers were looking at me funny when they could smell what I was eating yesterday, but couldn't guess what it was. Venison heart left over from last year - we're coming up on deer season for this year and it's freezer clean-up time!

I think the biggest thing is just the amount of pure optimism this way of eating gives me.

Comment

Great job, can't wait to see your pics
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Nothing too impressive just yet, but 14 lbs when you're 300+ just isn't all that drastic

Comment

Like hell it isn't!! 14 pounds in a month is pretty darn impressive whatever your weight is!
                    Not only that, but you are in the 2's now!!!
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Yes, it's great - I'm just trying to temper my enthusiasm with the reality that I've still got a long way to go. But again, it is pretty cool

Can't really see a whole lot of difference in pictures just yet, but can definitely feel the difference in other ways.

Comment

I bum myself out occasionally because things are not progressing like I would like. I have to stop myself and remember where I started. Celebrate the successes!
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I was 280 with 100lbs to lose. I was probably down to 250 or 245 before anyone other than my wife or I noticed. Around there is where the weight loss started showing in my face and people started commenting.

Comment

I don't think I'll take it quite that far, tplank, but definitely shooting for 240-250 first and will see what I feel like doing from there. Just renewed my membership for my alma mater's fitness center(new and awesome) after letting it expire at the end of August. $185 for a year - one of those nice public institution things

Anyhow, it's going to be nice to get back in there and move some heavy metal around again. Just been doing pushups and running since August.

Comment

Originally posted by Uppy View Post
                              Anyhow, it's going to be nice to get back in there and move some heavy metal around again. Just been doing pushups and running since August.
                              That is great, Uppy! Lifting heavy can make all the difference. I hope you let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X