No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't drink the way I used to be able to. I went to a dinner party last night and we split two bottles of red among three people (with one abstainer) so that is like 2/3 of a bottle for me. That in pre PB days would have been no big deal. Today I feel like crap and I'm all bloated.

Bummer. I like wine.

Comment

• Last night I went to tango class for the first time in 4 months, and I had trouble dancing because I couldnt take my eyes off how skinny and strong I looked in the full-length mirrors.
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        But the size 8s were my "goal pants" for so long. When I finally got into them, I didn't think I would ever go beyond that so I went and bought a lot of nice jeans in 8. Arrggh. So frustrating.
        I'm not losing any additional pounds, I'm holding steady, but I think the body re-comp is going on without me.
        There should be a clothing swap section here. Your 8s would fit someone who just came down from 12s. Me, I'm finally starting to leave the 8s behind for my 6s again. The ones at the bottom of the geological nightmare that is my closet.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          There should be a clothing swap section here. Your 8s would fit someone who just came down from 12s. Me, I'm finally starting to leave the 8s behind for my 6s again. The ones at the bottom of the geological nightmare that is my closet.
          I went back to my old jeans and now they're too big! This was before I got huge.
          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
          Follow me on google+
          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
            Last night I went to tango class for the first time in 4 months, and I had trouble dancing because I couldnt take my eyes off how skinny and strong I looked in the full-length mirrors.
            Yay for tango- even more yay for liking what you see in the mirror! With that strength you'll be able to do a drool-worthy dance- once you can focus on it again
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Last night I went to tango class for the first time in 4 months, and I had trouble dancing because I couldnt take my eyes off how skinny and strong I looked in the full-length mirrors.
              I LOVE this!
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• it is true. i do like looking at myself in the mirror more. I run into people when i'm walking down the street, because i'm admiring myself in the shop windows. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  I am running out of jars to store my bacon grease in! Guess I just need to use it more...like on everything.

Bacon shakes, anyone?
                  Ooh, bacon & chocolate smoothies!! nomnomnom
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

hahaha fantastic
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I am running out of jars to store my bacon grease in! Guess I just need to use it more...like on everything.

Bacon shakes, anyone?
                      Bacon mayo? You wouldn't want to use all bacon fat, but replacing part of the olive oil with bacon drippings might be tasty. Or it might be terrible. It is a mystery!
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• ^I've heard of this mystery and would like to try it, but don't have a lot of ideas for mayo. I wouldn't want to make mayo and have nothing to eat it with! I've never been big on mayo as it is.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

^I've heard of this mystery and would like to try it, but don't have a lot of ideas for mayo. I wouldn't want to make mayo and have nothing to eat it with! I've never been big on mayo as it is.
                          I usually just use mayo for like a chicken or tuna salad. bacon chicken salad sounds a little intriguing...

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                            I usually just use mayo for like a chicken or tuna salad. bacon chicken salad sounds a little intriguing...
                            Id hit it.
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

^I've heard of this mystery and would like to try it, but don't have a lot of ideas for mayo. I wouldn't want to make mayo and have nothing to eat it with! I've never been big on mayo as it is.
                              Cold chicken
                              Cold lamb
                              Cold beef
                              Really, cold any meat
                              Crab cakes
                              Salad dressing
                              Chicken/tuna salad
                              Sushi rolls

Usually when I bother to make my mayo, I make sure I'm making stuff that week that will use it up.

Also note that I've tried making mayo in the food processor, blender, and with my stick blender's whisk attachment. The last one is successful every time. The first two are more hit than miss, and cleaning up broken mayo makes me a sad panda.

The last batch I made was half coconut oil, half olive oil, and set up nice and thick!
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• This is kind of an actual frustration for me:

Since going primal, Weekend Brunch is totally ruined for me. In San Francisco, brunch is like the yuppie/techy/hipster version of church, in that its not just a meal, its an extended event complete with socializing, wearing clothes that are at least presentable and decent, extended discussions and planning on what restaurant to visit, etc etc. As you might expect, there are many, many, many places that have awesome brunches, but for most of them, their best brunch combinations and creations are very starch-and-carb heavy. The only high-protein options tend to be eggs or sides of bacon (which I can make at home) or omelettes (which I have rapidly become sick of).

Some places have more luncher-bruncher options, like cuts of meat and burgers and stuff, but not as many as "regular" brunch options. I miss the ability to go out with friends or a special boy and spend an hour, hour and a half, lazily enjoying coffee over some crepes or a fresh belgian waffle.

Comment

Working...
                                X