Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by CattyB View Post
    It sucks that I have to either iron my clothes or throw them in the dryer with a damp cloth for a couple of minutes every morning because I can no longer rely on my fat rolls to smooth out the wrinkles.
    lol However, try a tsp of fabric softener in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle for wrinkle release. I just found out about it, and it's saved DH a ton of ironing. Won't do huge creases, but clears away all the little wrinkles from sitting in the dryer and laundry basket.

    My primal rant, I'm having to learn to actually cook. And think about meals in time to get things out to defrost.

    Comment


    • #92
      Getting in and out of the grocery store in 5 minutes or less for te first time in 2 weeks, what a drag. And that's only because I ran out of laundry detergent.

      Comment


      • #93
        Going to a club and getting refused entry because they believe you're underage and using your non existant older sisters id!

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by charli View Post
          Going to a club and getting refused entry because they believe you're underage and using your non existant older sisters id!
          LOL. That's amazing. Sorry Primal ruined your night.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

          Comment


          • #95
            I keep shedding inches in my waist, even though I don't mean to. Come on! Now I have to have my pants tailored! Do you know how expensive that is???
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

            **1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

            **First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

            Comment


            • #96
              My new school clothes that looked so nice, are now so baggy and I can not buy new ones yet
              Karin


              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

              What am I doing? Depends on the day.

              Comment


              • #97
                Yes! I am tired of looking like a bag lady in ill fitting clothes. I want a pair of good old fashioned tight-ass jeans. The kind that fit my rear like bark on a tree. I may have to move to size six to do that and I just bought a whole bunch of eights.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  Yes! I am tired of looking like a bag lady in ill fitting clothes. I want a pair of good old fashioned tight-ass jeans. The kind that fit my rear like bark on a tree. I may have to move to size six to do that and I just bought a whole bunch of eights.
                  Have you tried Goodwill or other thriftstores? Seems that every cute thing I find there is labeled size 6.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Going to a workshop and taking your skinny jeans...only to have them too loose the second day and having to run out and buy even skinnier jeans!

                    Not only that, after a day of wearing my skinnier jeans I may have to go back to the store again because they are too loose.

                    Then having to re-introduce yourself to industry people you haven't seen in a few months because they don't recognize you.

                    ~rc

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                      Have you tried Goodwill or other thriftstores? Seems that every cute thing I find there is labeled size 6.
                      But the size 8s were my "goal pants" for so long. When I finally got into them, I didn't think I would ever go beyond that so I went and bought a lot of nice jeans in 8. Arrggh. So frustrating.
                      I'm not losing any additional pounds, I'm holding steady, but I think the body re-comp is going on without me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        My rings are all too big now. Things that used to be pinky rings are now on my index finger or thumb.
                        But my shoes are too small due to wearing VFFs or going barefoot and having my feet spread out. My feet refuse to go back into "cute" high heels.

                        Plus I'm having to fend off endless advances from much younger men. I don't know how much longer I can manage.

                        Sadly I grew up hating shoes and am mostly barefoot as it is ( those feet are spread lol)- cute high heels were never my friends- though I still hope to wear them- to dinner- on a "special" occasion so the pain is minimal

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          My rings are all too big now. Things that used to be pinky rings are now on my index finger or thumb.
                          Actually, my wedding band is now too small. It almost flew off when I was doing tae kwon do. Whoops.
                          F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

                          **1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

                          **First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            But the size 8s were my "goal pants" for so long. When I finally got into them, I didn't think I would ever go beyond that so I went and bought a lot of nice jeans in 8. Arrggh. So frustrating.
                            I'm not losing any additional pounds, I'm holding steady, but I think the body re-comp is going on without me.
                            Sorry, I wasn't dismissing the frustration, just mentioning an option to save some money until your body finally settles on a size. Because I don't know that you can trust it to stop at 6, y'know?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                              In their defense, it may be less of a fitness issue and more of a coordination issue. Pre-primal, I fell down nearly every flight of stairs I went down. Seriously. I have some sort of depth perception/coordination issue or something, I just can't do stairs. I am a little better now, but maybe it's just because I'm careful.
                              Seconded -- I have fallen down at least one flight of stairs every year for my whole life. Broken my jaw, nose, etc.

                              It's probably refractive error from my vision correction, but who knows?

                              While of course I try to be very careful, my take is that it's probably safer to avoid that particular species of obstacle just in case.
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post

                                My primal rant, I'm having to learn to actually cook. And think about meals in time to get things out to defrost.
                                Yes, zomg, just one pound of grass-fed meat can take like TWO DAYS to defrost in the fridge. I have to plan ahead and crap, and look up recipes for all these interesting cuts of meat that come in my CSA box. WTH!

                                Oh also, all this new primal cooking has me looking at Le Creuset dutch ovens, which are apparently quality but $$$$$! xP
                                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                                My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                                Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X