No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing good sitting-around-time due to walking/jogging/sprinting 2, 3, or 4 miles a day.

My arms and legs look like they've been attacked by mean kittens because of the vines I have the energy to yank off the shrubbery even in 90F weather.

I horrify everyone with the weird stuff I consume such as fermented cod liver oil, konnyaku, and frozen green bananas.

My hubby is worried I'll hurt myself with all this walking/jogging/sprinting, yard work, and eating of weird foods.
    Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• LOL on the weird foods. My fiancee is slowly going from horrified to fascinated to willing to join in the fun as far as weird foods go. She actually suggested that we buy some chicken livers last time we went grocery shopping (and she's someone who used to NEVER eat liver).

I am going to see what happens when I suggest chicken feet.

Comment

• My frustration is that I'm now having nightmares about SAD food - I dreamt that someone had put a block of butter and a block of margarine side by side so that they ended up fusing together and you couldn't tell which half was butter and which was margarine. D:
        Last edited by Blippety; 06-29-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• There are just so many frustrations.

I can no longer use lack of clothing options for not dressing in stylish clothes. I now have to shop for cute clothes I like.

My thighs and but no longer make a water tight seal in the bath tub. If I drain the water while sitting, I can't stand up and release a flood of water.

I can no longer pass time counting the veins under my skin. My porcelain, haven't seen the sun in years, skin is no longer translucent. It has a healthy bronze glow.

Most annoying is setting the alarm and start of the day for 7 am. Waking up and freaking out that my alarm didn't go off, only to discover its 6 am. Now what am I going to do with that extra hour?

Comment

• Just started, but already:
            1. Waking up before my alarm goes off
            2. Wanting to take the dogs on a long walk after working out.
            3. Feeling weird about losing weight while enjoying a totally satisfying meal that keeps me full all day. I miss dinner - it's turned into healthy snack time because I don't feel like heavy dinners anymore. lol

Comment

• Too much energy, which is a horrid problem because:

I'm running out of fun things to do, so scrubbed the grout between floor tiles today.

My books and magazines are piling up into dusty stacks because I'm rarely so tired that the only thing I can do is read.

My cat gets frightened of my ridiculous dancing to pop songs while cooking dinner.
              Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• My grubby jeans are falling off and I have no desire to buy more pants meant to only get dirty.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Didn't wear a belt with my "house shorts"....they almost fell down while I was taking the garbage out, so had to carry the garbage bag in one hand and keep my shorts up with the other.

Comment

• I've got one that's actually quite annoying!

Going Primal/Paleo has pretty much cured my pilarus kiratosis, the chicken skin on my upper arms. However, it hasn't done a thing for my hirsutism. So now I've got furry upper arms in addition to furry lower arms. I guess it's better than a bumpy, ugly rash...
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Being able to fall asleep (and stay asleep) at night is great and all, but there are things I miss about being able to stay out late without being super tired. If anyone throws a party at night I'll just not go, because I'll be half asleep an hour into it.
                      Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                      Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                      Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                      F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• I've only lost 10 lbs, and I've had to adjust my bras to their minimum. I just bought new pants for work, and I have to wear a belt with them. My belly shrunk a bit, and my large thighs rubbing together pulls my pants down if there is no belt.

Also, getting to the end of this thread.
                        Last edited by vargagirl; 02-26-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• I've been trying my damnedest to eat my abs into oblivion so I can add some size, but they just won't go away. They're just a little blurry.

Comment

• Icecream will fix that.

Comment

• You'd think so...

Comment

• Keep eating same good meals whilst increasing icecream supplements until problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X