"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
    OMG, I've gotten sooo frustrated with clothing stores now because of all this statistical marketting BS. Even when I was heavier I liked clothes that were more close-fitting, and now that I'm thinner, it has become almost impossible because I am TAAALL. Close to 5'10". Not runway-model proportions or anything, I still have a broad ribcage and thick muscular legs, but still proportionally a lot skinnier than design statistics apparently anticipate. Everything that fits nice around the chest and waist ends about two inches above the top of my pants, and anything long enough hangs on me like a tent. And dont even get me started on @#(&@)#(&@@ "womens fit tshirts", not the babydoll ones, the ones that are extra wide and extra short which seem to be replacing the babydoll style on all my favorite cheap internet tshirt sites.

My best workaround has been these cheap $6 camisole tanktops from H&M that are unexpectedly (and blessedly) long. I get them in a size 4 and layer them underneath all my shirts that are too short. Also, as the absolute last straw, I asked for a sewing machine for xmas and have been teaching myself to sew, ideally with the ultimate goal of tailoring things/making my own crap. Yeah its a lot of time and money but luckily I have really been enjoying it
    I feel you on this one. I've dropped to a 32 waist, and at 6'3" with a 36" inseam, it's practically impossible to find appropriately sized pants, at least at the prices I can afford. Even shorts are somewhat ridiculous because the "tall" shorts only go down to 34 and 36 inch waists. So I have to deal with 34" inseam pants, and shorts that come to mid-thigh or higher when I sit down (except in athletic shorts). Why can't Big and Tall sections be "Big and/or Tall"?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
      Gotten myself down to fitting in a 34" waist jeans, but, my thighs/quads too large to fit comfortably in the legs.
      Stop buying skinny jeans, you damn hipster!
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Stop buying skinny jeans, you damn hipster!
        That's seriously what it felt like, and I thought "how does anyone walk around like this all day?"

Comment

• Unless I wear a sweater, I get cold. I've lost my insulating layer of fat.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
            I feel you on this one. I've dropped to a 32 waist, and at 6'3" with a 36" inseam, it's practically impossible to find appropriately sized pants, at least at the prices I can afford. Even shorts are somewhat ridiculous because the "tall" shorts only go down to 34 and 36 inch waists. So I have to deal with 34" inseam pants, and shorts that come to mid-thigh or higher when I sit down (except in athletic shorts). Why can't Big and Tall sections be "Big and/or Tall"?
            if you are looking for (trendy) jeans, I know that Buckle carries quite a lot in very long lengths
            Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

• I know they are expensive, but Lucky Brand jeans have a relaxed fit that's pretty awesome- 181, I think. I have a 29-30" waist, but I squat. Those are the only ones I can find that fit decently in both the waist and the thighs. I had a pair of American Eagle bootcut jeans from before I started squatting that I hadn't worn for a while. I tried them on one day, hoping to maybe stretch them out a bit, but they just ripped when I squatted down to pick something up.

Comment

• Now do you not get sunburned? I am so fair skinned and so is my oldest. Please share.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiveholts714 View Post
                  Now do you not get sunburned? I am so fair skinned and so is my oldest. Please share.
                  I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
                  Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                    I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
                    How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chanda View Post
                      How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.
                      Probably more than a doctor would recommend. The lowest dosage at which I could find records of people having side effects was over 40,000IU. I can tell a difference around 5,000IU, and seem to do best around 20,000IU.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I have one that is specifically primal - when we first started transitioning to primal, the volume of food was similar, just more meat and veg to replace the grains. But over time, the volume of food has decreased and I'm having to continually adjust downward to avoid too many leftovers.

And one that is just weight loss related - when I was fat, I could put my cell phone in my front pants pocket and not mar the line too much. Now, my hips are small enough that my phone is this huge lump in my front pocket. I liked it in my pocket!
                        50yo, 5'3"
                        SW-195
                        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

• I do a lot of exercises while sitting or lying on the floor. It's a lot less comfortable doing that now that my butt is bonier and has less padding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                            Probably more than a doctor would recommend. The lowest dosage at which I could find records of people having side effects was over 40,000IU. I can tell a difference around 5,000IU, and seem to do best around 20,000IU.
                            A day? And if so, every day? Or just a couple times a week? Or...?
                            High Weight: 225
                            Weight at start of Primal: 189
                            Current Weight: 174
                            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
                              A day? And if so, every day? Or just a couple times a week? Or...?
                              Daily is what I do.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Frustrated...hell ya...how do you go from 168.4 on Friday to 171.2 on Tuesday.

I know the scale should not be what I go by...100% of the time...but I do use it as a gauge.

I guess...just keep plodding along...something's gotta happen right?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X