No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wear jeans more than twice, because they fit out of the dryer with no problem and then get looser. I might have to start wearing belts! I don't like wearing belts!

I am guessing in a couple of weeks, I will actually need new pants. I tried looking up how many lbs of weight loss = a new women's dress size, but there's no universal rule of thumb. Guess I will find out when I get there.

Comment

• ok I have one really "first world problems" Primal rant. My husband splurged when we remodelled the house, and got us a 36" shiny black glass induction hob/cooktop with a fancy stainless steel backsplash. You would NOT believe the mess that a pan full of bacon makes of it, or how long it takes to restore it to pre-bacon glossiness. Our old crappy electric stove was much less stressful (and also 100% crappier). :P

Comment

• Originally posted by lonefrontranger View Post
        ok I have one really "first world problems" Primal rant. My husband splurged when we remodelled the house, and got us a 36" shiny black glass induction hob/cooktop with a fancy stainless steel backsplash. You would NOT believe the mess that a pan full of bacon makes of it, or how long it takes to restore it to pre-bacon glossiness. Our old crappy electric stove was much less stressful (and also 100% crappier). :P
        Don't you know that all the cool kids bake their bacon?
        Seriously. Best thing ever. Put it on a parchment covered cookie sheet, place it in the cold oven and then set to 400˚f. Give it about 20 minutes give or take.
        You don't have to be sick to get better.
        Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
        Primal start: 1/2/2012
        My Primal Journal
        Living, loving and learning.

Comment

ok I have one really "first world problems" Primal rant. My husband splurged when we remodelled the house, and got us a 36" shiny black glass induction hob/cooktop with a fancy stainless steel backsplash. You would NOT believe the mess that a pan full of bacon makes of it, or how long it takes to restore it to pre-bacon glossiness. Our old crappy electric stove was much less stressful (and also 100% crappier). :P
          Get yourself a splatter shield! Like this: Amazon.com: Cuisipro 13-Inch Splatter Guard: Kitchen & Dining

My frustration as of late is people staring at my lunch. Just 10 minutes ago, my boss came to my cubicle as I was about halfway through my half rotisserie chicken. He said, "Wow... you're going to eat all of that?" I shook my head and took a bite, to which he said, "Wow, I've never seen someone eat chicken with such intent!"

I'm glad he left by the time I started to gnaw the bits of chicken off of the bones...
          >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
          >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
          >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• I has an ab, but I'm not young enough or skanky enough to show it off outside of the pool area.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I saw this today on tv:

Out of all the food ads I've ever seen on tv, this was really got to me.

Comment

• OMG that is hideous!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                  OMG that is hideous!!
                  It almost made me ill, first to see the butter tossed out of the fridge like that, then the expression on the little girl's face.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                    Don't you know that all the cool kids bake their bacon?
                    Seriously. Best thing ever. Put it on a parchment covered cookie sheet, place it in the cold oven and then set to 400˚f. Give it about 20 minutes give or take.
                    we just put ours between two cookie sheets, and then it doesnt' splatter the oven AND we don't have to throw away parchment paper.

but, you have to hit the timing just right or the bacon doesn't come off.

alternative, silicone baking sheets on the bottom. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                      we just put ours between two cookie sheets, and then it doesnt' splatter the oven AND we don't have to throw away parchment paper.

but, you have to hit the timing just right or the bacon doesn't come off.

alternative, silicone baking sheets on the bottom. LOL
                      I use a cooling rack that fits inside the cookie sheet, and all the fat drips to the bottom of the pan, and the bacon stays nice and crisp, and it is really easy to pour off the fat for storage.

Comment

• ssn679doc - where do you find cooling racks that aren't teflon coated? I've tried to no avail. After purging our house of all teflon cookware (it offgasses some pretty toxic stuff at higher heat) I've been frustrated by this.

Comment

• ok now I have an actual frustration. We haven't been Nordic skiing much yet this winter because the snow conditions have been dreadful at our local cross country ski area. We went January 1 and haven't been since.

We had a cross country ski camp this past weekend and I discovered that, even though I've not lost much actual weight, my nice ladies US size 8 technical jacket that I bought just last year, was hanging off me like a sack, worse yet it doesn't fit correctly at the waist/hips anymore so it's not doing its job of keeping my body heat in.

I froze all day Saturday and then gave up in frustration and spent megabucks replacing it in a size 4 from the ski shop at the resort so I could ski on Sunday without freezing. I mean, yay? but seriously grr.
                          Last edited by lonefrontranger; 02-11-2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

ssn679doc - where do you find cooling racks that aren't teflon coated? I've tried to no avail. After purging our house of all teflon cookware (it offgasses some pretty toxic stuff at higher heat) I've been frustrated by this.
                            These aren't th ones I used but here ya go....

Amazon.com: stainless steel cooling rack: Home & Kitchen

Comment

• I'm surprised no one brought up just using the microwave for their bacon? I just put mine in the microwave for 4 minutes, with a couple paper towels under the bacon to absorb grease and 1 over it to absorb splatter.

My current "frustration" is just that so many of my clothes are falling off me. I can literally put my pants on and off without undoing the button or zipper and have to wear a belt right now. I don't want to buy more clothes right now because in a another 2 months I'll have the same issue- I need to search in storage to see if I've got some older clothes in my size.
                              High Weight: 225
                              Weight at start of Primal: 189
                              Current Weight: 174
                              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• So, I've been following this since October. Down about 15lbs, honing in on looking sharp. (I'm 5'8, started @ 180, currently at 165)
                                Around Christmas / New Years I bought a couple new nice button down shirts for work (our office is a long sleeve / button down kinda place), and had to go down a shirt size because my old size was getting billowy and poor looking around the stomach area. WIN!!!!!!!
                                Except NOW I have to edit my shirt size again, because my shoulders are growing and those shirts I JUST GOT are getting too tight across the back...
                                /sigh.
                                We should set up a 'Primal Success Clothing Exchange'

Comment

Working...
                                X