No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a swap with other people on this site? I'm sure there's enough of us at different sizes that we could find a home for most people's outshrunk clothes, and it would save money too.

Comment

• Originally posted by orielwen View Post
      How about a swap with other people on this site? I'm sure there's enough of us at different sizes that we could find a home for most people's outshrunk clothes, and it would save money too.
      I like this idea, too. I'm a smallish guy. I'm not sure of any guys around here who'd be looking for some waist 30-34 (i had a baggy phase in life) jeans
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• I have to use my old loaf pans as rectangular mixing bowls now, otherwise they'd have no use at all. It sucks because they were such good loaf pans, too. Nothing ever stuck to them.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by June68 View Post
          oh Goosejuggler (I think I'd pay to see that) I long for that problem. As a matter of fact, I took out some clothes that are too small for me and tried not to cry about one day fitting into them again. Whatta dork.
          You will fit into them!!! I promise I had that day when I sat down and cried because none of my clothes fit me anymore.
          The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• Me too!! My favorite pair of pants (khaki trousers with a fine red pinstripe) sat in my closet for four years and I cried every time I tried them on and couldn't button them. (For about a year I couldn't even pull them up all the way.) This year I had to give them a mournful goodbye because they're so baggy on me, they look terrible. Keep the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
              I have to use my old loaf pans as rectangular mixing bowls now, otherwise they'd have no use at all. It sucks because they were such good loaf pans, too. Nothing ever stuck to them.
              No meatloaf?
              Depression Lies

Comment

• My weight loss has slowed (~4# over the last 4 months), but I can tell some body recomposition is going on.

Got home from work the other night and DW asked incredulously What the hell happened to your pants? The way she said it I thought maybe I'd unknowingly shat myself. She started grabbing handfuls and showing me how baggy they were.

All my work pants are, now. So have to go buy new ones, but where will it end? I've lost ~5" around my waist, but I'd hate to have to buy new clothes, and then go out and buy new new clothes next year. This Primal crap is a big racket, subsidized by the clothing industry, I tell ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tashimi View Post
                  Me too!! My favorite pair of pants (khaki trousers with a fine red pinstripe) sat in my closet for four years and I cried every time I tried them on and couldn't button them. (For about a year I couldn't even pull them up all the way.) This year I had to give them a mournful goodbye because they're so baggy on me, they look terrible. Keep the faith!
                  I have a pair of jeans I have never worn, and I have owned them 5 years now. I bought them, tried them on when I was in the process of losing weight, then I got pregnant, gained 70 pounds that I never fully got rid of... I have dreams of being able to wear those jeans someday.
                  Originally posted by L8F
                  ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• There's an element of it that's just so cheesy.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      No meatloaf?
                      Eh I just make meatballs instead. Saves me a dish to wash because I fry them up in my bacon grease pan.

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                      This Primal crap is a big racket, subsidized by the clothing industry, I tell ya!
                      Love it
                      Last edited by Gravyboat; 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• I am forced to save money because my left overs are way better than the crap i used to buy for lunch on a daily basis, saving me $10 a day easy.

Comment

• i'd never wanted to take my shirt off as was extremely body conscious and now i'm starting to develop enough muscle that i'm liking the look of all the hardwork in the gym and benefits of the primal lifestyle that i keep taking my shirt off to look at myself- i'm concerned i'll become one of the posers that takes pictures in the mirro constantly and puts them on social networking sites if this continues!!

also i'm too broke to afford new clothes and all my old ones are too big-- sigggh
                          To "pay the piper" means to face the inevitable consequences of one's actions

Comment

• I had a caterpillar in my fresh-from-the-field salad. :P
                            (And I ate half of it.)

Comment

• Yay! Extra protein!

Comment

• My dog is mad at me because now I get first dibs on the bone marrow. I never knew how good it was before. Bones were just something you tossed to dogs. Now he's saying, "Darn you, Mark Sisson. You let the cat out of the bag."

Comment

Working...
                                X