Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
    2. I look better so I have no reason to have sex with the lights out and my power bill is going up.
    Love it.

    1. I'm sick of the grossed-out faces I get when I'm eating my delicious beef-heart stew.
    2. I'm annoyed my fridge only has shelf-holes for 10 eggs!
    3. I'm annoyed none of my work clothes fit anymore and I don't have money for new ones!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

    Comment


    • I was seriously bummed this morning because my jeans were tight. Then I realized I had accidentally grabbed a smaller pair that I haven't worn in a year. So sucky I wasted an hour being upset.

      AND I told my boss I need a vacation - haven't had one for a year! He told me I look like I just came back from one. How am I going to get any time off if I continue to look great?
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

      "Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        I was seriously bummed this morning because my jeans were tight. Then I realized I had accidentally grabbed a smaller pair that I haven't worn in a year. So sucky I wasted an hour being upset.

        AND I told my boss I need a vacation - haven't had one for a year! He told me I look like I just came back from one. How am I going to get any time off if I continue to look great?
        The last point is a tough one I'm not sure many would have anticipated.
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
          2. I'm annoyed my fridge only has shelf-holes for 10 eggs!
          Mine has enough for 13. That's how old that thing is.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
            Love it.

            1. I'm sick of the grossed-out faces I get when I'm eating my delicious beef-heart stew.
            2. I'm annoyed my fridge only has shelf-holes for 10 eggs!
            3. I'm annoyed none of my work clothes fit anymore and I don't have money for new ones!
            on point #1, people still get scrungy-faced over the mention of any type of offal, as if to equate offals w/ awful.

            3. Tailors are soon to be very good friends.
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

            Comment


            • My old pair of jeans (W34) is embarrassingly loose now. I went to buy a new CK. Since i have lost a bit of weight (~30 lbs), i asked the store assistant to give me W32 for trial. Too loose. I asked her W30 thinking that perhaps i should be comfortable in W30 in a month or two. Holy cow! I finally bought a W29.
              Few but ripe.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post

                2. I'm annoyed my fridge only has shelf-holes for 10 eggs!
                Do you know you don't have to keep eggs in the fridge? My family did a farm stay where they raised chickens (pastured, grub and insect eating kind, free roaming etc.) The farmer explained that eggs can stay in the nest for up to 6 weeks before the hen sits on them, and then they develop into chickens. I have not refrigerated a fresh egg in over 3 years, and have had less than 5 bad ones. We just leave them in their containers on the counter, right next to the stove. That makes a lot more room in the fridge for meat!

                mommymd
                --mommymd

                LCHF since Oct 2011

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mommymd View Post
                  Do you know you don't have to keep eggs in the fridge? My family did a farm stay where they raised chickens (pastured, grub and insect eating kind, free roaming etc.) The farmer explained that eggs can stay in the nest for up to 6 weeks before the hen sits on them, and then they develop into chickens. I have not refrigerated a fresh egg in over 3 years, and have had less than 5 bad ones. We just leave them in their containers on the counter, right next to the stove. That makes a lot more room in the fridge for meat!

                  mommymd
                  Yet another benefit of farm fresh eggs!

                  The ones you get in the grocery store have the protective layer washed off, so they do need to be refrigerated.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                    Yet another benefit of farm fresh eggs!

                    The ones you get in the grocery store have the protective layer washed off, so they do need to be refrigerated.
                    No, I'm talking about the ones I buy from the store- I store them on the counter.

                    mommymd
                    --mommymd

                    LCHF since Oct 2011

                    Comment


                    • After losing 21 pounds I finally decided to punch another hole in my favorite belt.

                      Comment


                      • I hate that I now have to visit the farmer twice a week to buy a DOZEN eggs at a time - its costing me a fortune in petrol and egg money!

                        I hate that shopping is so quick at the supermarket because I only have to go down 2-3 aisles

                        I hate that my really expensive surround sound system and LCD TV are rarely used because I can't sit down long enough
                        Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                        Walter Elliot

                        I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                        • i hate that now i pay attention to what is in deli meats, and that it is often not meat.

                          i really loved that dietz and watson pastrami. but slices of dextrose do not a happy belly make.
                          Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                          Friend me on "The Facebook"
                          Follow me on Twitter!

                          For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

                          Comment


                          • Just a heads up for the suit guys out there-

                            Got a catalog for dressy clothes called Charles Tyrwhitt the other day. They have shirts in 3 different cuts: Classic (fatty), Slim (medium fatty) and then if you can handle plain white or lilac gingham (in English: purple tablecloth pattern) or a few other ugly choices, you can get them in the even slimmer cut, which they call Tailored.

                            Actually, the choices aren't so limited if you like to iron or get your stuff washed at a dry cleaner, but I literally think they have 6 choices in tailored cut AND wrinkle free. 5 ugly and white.

                            I ordered 3 plain white ones and will let everyone know if they fit at all. I have been keeping my suit jacket on most of the time to conceal the billowing shirt material and I'm hoping I won't have to as the days get warmer.

                            The sneaky bastards do charge $3 additional to put a pocket on the shirts. I will update when they come (might be 2 weeks, because getting POCKETS on a DRESS SHIRT is a customization?!) as to the fit and quality.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • I had pate for breakfast the other day, went to kiss my husband, and he wrinkled his nose and said, "Ugh. Pate breath."

                              So I had to brush my teeth TWICE that morning. Damn you, delicious pate!
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Just a heads up for the suit guys out there-

                                Got a catalog for dressy clothes called Charles Tyrwhitt the other day. They have shirts in 3 different cuts: Classic (fatty), Slim (medium fatty) and then if you can handle plain white or lilac gingham (in English: purple tablecloth pattern) or a few other ugly choices, you can get them in the even slimmer cut, which they call Tailored.

                                Actually, the choices aren't so limited if you like to iron or get your stuff washed at a dry cleaner, but I literally think they have 6 choices in tailored cut AND wrinkle free. 5 ugly and white.

                                I ordered 3 plain white ones and will let everyone know if they fit at all. I have been keeping my suit jacket on most of the time to conceal the billowing shirt material and I'm hoping I won't have to as the days get warmer.

                                The sneaky bastards do charge $3 additional to put a pocket on the shirts. I will update when they come (might be 2 weeks, because getting POCKETS on a DRESS SHIRT is a customization?!) as to the fit and quality.
                                I exclusively buy my dress shirts from Express these days both because they are a slim and because they DON'T have pockets. I hate pockets on my shirts -- I'm a fan of clean, simple clothes, and breast pockets just strike me as so uneccessary.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X