No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already tailored this shirt once. I'm going to hafta take it in again, as it's gone from relaxed fit to verging on baggy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Drea6681 View Post
      I have to choose between buying grass fed beef and dairy or clothes that aren't falling off me. OH NOES!!!!

Hooray for first world problems! I want your dilemma... forever!

Comment

• Not being able to sit still. I think I'm going to have to convert my workstation to sit/stand, but I have zero engineering skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I already tailored this shirt once. I'm going to hafta take it in again, as it's gone from relaxed fit to verging on baggy.
          I've got a shirt I can send you...
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            I've got a shirt I can send you...
            I don't think that one's work safe. It'd make a GREAT field shirt, though.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Two frustrations:
              • Goddammit, how am I supposed to know my period's coming if I don't get cramps anymore?
              • Double goddammit, I keep accruing sick days because I don't catch the department cold when it comes around.
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                Pulling yet another big piece of fish or meat or bag of wild shrimp from the freezer every day is starting to make me feel guilty......in a really, really good way
                OH I loved that!
                Best--
                Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

• I had a funny issue last week. I put on a pair of panties- older panties, under a skirt. I did not pay attention- they were too big and started falling down as the day went on. I happened to be out doing site visits for work, so stopped in a McDonalds and ditched them in the restroom trash and had to go commando. LOL, I had to pitch 5 pairs due to them being too large. And then alot of my old favorite panties now look like granny panties. :-(

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• My Frustration: Being thinner than my clothes, but instead of them looking baggy and cool like i lost weight they just hang funny and make me look fatter. And I can't afford new clothes yet. POOOOOP

or maybe i'm in denial about my weight loss

Comment

• Sihana, and Maureen, I'm in the same boat. My brother said if I kept shrinking, I'd disappear. I went from size 31, to 28 jeans (men's size). And, as I get smaller in stature, I'm trying to debate skinny fit jeans or not.. I never thought I'd see myself in those, or boys jeans (if there's a set big enough for me...)
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                        My Frustration: Being thinner than my clothes, but instead of them looking baggy and cool like i lost weight they just hang funny and make me look fatter. And I can't afford new clothes yet. POOOOOP
                        Oh man, meeeee tooooooo. I've been so frustrated lately with my clothes looking so frumpy on my "new" body. They used to be form-fitting and sexy, now they're all baggy and blah.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Also: It took me freaking forever to find something that actually *fit* to wear to the club the other night. Tried on my favorite pair of pants (the ones that make my butt look hot) and they were falling off my hips. I had to wear my nice dry-clean-only skirt because it was the only one that fit right, and then I got beer splashed on it.

DAMN, GUYS, IT SUCKS TO GET HOT AND HEALTHY!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• I can't wear my work trousers more than one day anymore, or else they will fall off my butt.
                            They need to be straight-from-the dryer.

The half-tub of Iberian pig fat we had to leave in Spain because there was no way to transport it (we managed to take a whole full tub though!)

Comment

• Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                              Sihana, and Maureen, I'm in the same boat. My brother said if I kept shrinking, I'd disappear. I went from size 31, to 28 jeans (men's size). And, as I get smaller in stature, I'm trying to debate skinny fit jeans or not.. I never thought I'd see myself in those, or boys jeans (if there's a set big enough for me...)
                              Finding size 28 or smaller-waist pants can be a pain, but I'd forget about buying pants in the boys' department. Even if you find a pair that isn't cut for a 28-inch pair of hips (e.g. 0 muscle in your legs), they invariably have tiny, useless pockets that man-sized hands can't even fit into.

I find I have better luck with t-shirts and polo shirts. Oh yeah, and belts. I only shop for non-dress belts in the boys' stores now. For work (suit) belts, I buy the reversible ones in whatever size they have and unscrew the belt from the buckle (precision screwdrivers are required), cut off a big piece, poke new holes, and put it back together. Takes less than 5 minutes to make a 44 into a 28.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I get frustrated when watching commercials about "healthy" foods. TV is not as enjoyable anymore :P

Comment

Working...
                                X