"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
    Oh wow. Glad you like it. I was thinking about changing it, too. Still funny, just had a different idea for a graphic. I need freehand practice soooo baaaad. Good news is, Fast Five is giving me more time in the evenings, even with things being dumb at work, so I think I'm gonna be able to sketch 2 days in a row... zzzzomg.

COOL! I like your sig, too, and good for you, more time rocks! I'm amazed you do that on a tablet...I really AM a dinosaur, I still use pencils and watercolors. ;-)
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

• Supermarkets are now a waste of time; I only visit 3 or 4 aisles!

Comment

• Frustration - I have gone through 4-5lbs of almonds, 1lb butter, 3 doz eggs, and I don't know how much cheese, vegetables and fresh fruits in the last week because now that my kids eat real food they actually eat all their food...

I have to go back to the store today for a case of coconut milk for "breakfast milkshakes" and additive free sausages and hot dogs...
        Originally posted by L8F
        ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• I just love this thread! Blogged my top 10 here
          FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

• Staying stocked on the "safe foods"- for me that has meant a decade of salmon and in the last year sardines. Also, eggs, meat ugh every week the SAME basket of foods. It takes a whole lotta will I'll say that much.

Comment

• I am so sure of my size now that I never try anything on in the store.

I bought this beautiful Indian style shirt for $5. I put it on this morning and noticed a design flaw, so i put a sweater over it. When I posted this pic to my journal, my dear MDA friends pointed out the rest. Hint: flowers, swirls and arrows. Now, it is a PJ shirt

Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by pebbles67 View Post
                i am so sure of my size now that i never try anything on in the store.

I bought this beautiful indian style shirt for $5. I put it on this morning and noticed a design flaw, so i put a sweater over it. When i posted this pic to my journal, my dear mda friends pointed out the rest. Hint: Flowers, swirls and arrows. Now, it is a pj shirt

ah-hahahahahahahaha
                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Just realized this one the hard way on a business trip..

my "I've just traveled on a plane 6 hours and have swollen feet" shoes are HUGE now. Guess what, no swelling anymore... I see some new work kicks in my future.

Can't believe I had fat work shoes, ever!

Comment

• Having realised I have embarrassed myself a few months ago when I wrote to complain about the fit of the new jeans I bought.
                    I told the manufacturer that they were badly made because the back of the jeans barely covered my back (I was annoyed because they were a size bigger than I normally buy anyway and they were too small)

Having put the jeans on this morning after being primal for almost 3 weeks I realised that, my bad, it was my arse being too big for jeans that was the problem.

Oh and my kids wont eat their own breakfast (my husband insists that I leave the kids diets alone until I can prove that eating this way is safe by being a guinea pig) and pester me for my bacon and broccoli.

Apart from that, primal is ace.

Comment

• New one: I feel so good (like so, SO GOOD) after I come back from a sprinting session that I spend a half hour or more dancing around my apartment and admiring myself semi/naked. I'm wasting so much valuable time! I should be hard at work! Damn my sense of rhythm and these deliciously catchy latin beats!
                      If you want to reach the end of the trail, first you must find the beginning.
                      If you want to be strong enough to walk the trail, trust your feet.
                      If you want to go fast, go alone - if you want to go far, go together.

6'0" white female, age 24
                      Pre-paleo: 247.8 lbs
                      Current weight: 212.8
                      Goal: 199.9 (and to rock a two piece bathing suit surfing in Costa Rica this November!)

Comment

• Love it Avalon!!

My "frustration" comes with a short story today.
                        I put on the skinny chord pants that I bought just after Valentine's day and since they were so stretchy comfy, decided I could just not change out of them to do some yoga. There I am in the middle of nice deep twisted Triangle pose when my 4 year old daughter giggles, "Mom I can see your bum!" Dang pants are so loose in the hips and butt they are falling off me! Tailoring is in order. Time to break out the sewing machine!
                        You don't have to be sick to get better.
                        Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                        Primal start: 1/2/2012
                        My Primal Journal
                        Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• My face is starting to be so slim people are asking me if I am sick...
                          Originally posted by L8F
                          ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• I have to choose between buying grass fed beef and dairy or clothes that aren't falling off me. OH NOES!!!!

SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Drea6681 View Post
                              I have to choose between buying grass fed beef and dairy or clothes that aren't falling off me. OH NOES!!!!

You can eat naked, but it's much harder to eat clothes :P
                              Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• Is it so much to ask for a gallon of goat milk so I can make some kefir?

Comment

Working...
                                X