Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sunnivara View Post
    Now that my heartburn is gone, what am I supposed to do with this Costco sized bottle of Tums?
    I don't know what to do with all this extra cupboard space now that I'm eliminating boxed and canned foods.
    If you crush it, I wonder if you could use it to scrub the shower/tub? Like baking soda?
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sunnivara View Post
      I don't know what to do with all this extra cupboard space now that I'm eliminating boxed and canned foods.
      My bathroom is really really tiny, and there's no storage. It also happens to open to the kitchen. So... I keep bath towels, cleaning products, make up, and toilet paper in the kitchen cupboards...

      Hey, it worked out somehow!
      My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
      Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

      Comment


      • Haha yes my boyfriend's food is pretty much all that's in the pantry. My honey has its own shelf since I shouldn't be eating it right now, the rest is pasta, pasta, pasta, Nutella (admittedly tempting), bean-less chili that he bought for me (which I need to discard), and canned tuna (in soybean oil, which I also need to discard). It's pretty barren.
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • This is such a fun thread

          one of my frustrations is people at work looking at me like I'm crazy when I bounce into work at 6:30-7:30am with no coffee and no soda

          A semi-real one is that I seem to be losing some "work-friends" because I won't go out to lunch with them any more. I'm not all that concerned about it. They are also the people on the SAD diet who give me grief for eating veggies and meat for breakfast. Not the best influence in my life anyway.

          Oh, and cookies that come from a certain group of green and brown clad girls now taste TERRIBLE. That used to be one of my favorite cheats! lol. Oh well. Fruit tastes SOOO much better anyway
          Starting weight, July 13, 2011: 286 pounds
          Lowest weight, April 1, 2012: 242 pounds
          Current Weight, Aug 15, 2012: 270 pounds

          Goal: 135-ish, When I feel happy/healthy/right

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
            Okay - serious frustration for a moment - apparently my nails - which have been prone to ridging tearing, snapping, breaking, and white spots my whole life have pointed to a serious B12 deficiency my whole adult life! I am frustrated that no Dr. even considered I might be low in B12 until a blood test I demanded in January!

            I am glad I am taking charge of my own health...
            Good for you!! Doctors can't keep up with everything, I know, but still...
            Best--
            Kate

            Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

            70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

            Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

            Comment


            • One of my main frustrations isn't with Primal eating itself, but with the reactions of my friends and family! "The cave men all died by the time they were 30!" "What's wrong with what I'm eating??" "We 'should' eat low on the food chain." "Meat is selfish and self-indulgent." "So NOW what's the problem with wheat??" "C'mon, have just a little..." "That doesn't work." (This despite the fact that I'm down 25 lbs., my BP is normal now, and I obviously feel better.)

              Usually, I'll admit, rather than argue, I just say "I seem to have developed an allergy" and let it drop. They don't want to be preached at (who does??) and I'm not interested in a fight, I just want to eat in peace. So I try to keep it low key unless someone brings it up.

              If they're actually INTERESTED, of course, I send 'em here!
              Best--
              Kate

              Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

              70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

              Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

              Comment


              • One of my main frustrations isn't with Primal eating itself, but with the reactions of my friends and family! "The cave men all died by the time they were 30!" "What's wrong with what I'm eating??" "We 'should' eat low on the food chain." "Meat is selfish and self-indulgent." "So NOW what's the problem with wheat??" "C'mon, have just a little..." "That doesn't work." (This despite the fact that I'm down 25 lbs., my BP is normal now, and I obviously feel better.)

                Usually, I'll admit, rather than argue, I just say "I seem to have developed an allergy" and let it drop. They don't want to be preached at (who does??) and I'm not interested in a fight, I just want to eat in peace. So I try to keep it low key unless someone brings it up.

                If they're actually INTERESTED, of course, I send 'em here!
                Best--
                Kate

                Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

                70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

                Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pixiecatmandi View Post
                  This is such a fun thread

                  one of my frustrations is people at work looking at me like I'm crazy when I bounce into work at 6:30-7:30am with no coffee and no soda

                  A semi-real one is that I seem to be losing some "work-friends" because I won't go out to lunch with them any more. I'm not all that concerned about it. They are also the people on the SAD diet who give me grief for eating veggies and meat for breakfast. Not the best influence in my life anyway.

                  Oh, and cookies that come from a certain group of green and brown clad girls now taste TERRIBLE. That used to be one of my favorite cheats! lol. Oh well. Fruit tastes SOOO much better anyway
                  Samoas still have a hold over me. I had one yesterday with coffee. Delicious. But then I didnt feel the drive to get up to get another, hooray!

                  Oh wait this is frustrations not successes....Um....well heres a frustration. My hunger signal seems to mostly have three settings now: Off, medium-low, and OMG EAT THE FACES NOW, ALL THE FACES! Yesterday I had a big breakfast and wasnt hungry for hours and hours, even though I ate said cookie. Then, in the afternoon, around 4, suddenly i got huge hunger cramps and was stomach growling out of the blue. No ramp up or anything. Luckily i had some full-fat yogurt in the fridge, otherwise I probably would have started gnawing on my coworkers.
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                  My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                  Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                    Samoas still have a hold over me. I had one yesterday with coffee. Delicious. But then I didnt feel the drive to get up to get another, hooray!

                    Oh wait this is frustrations not successes....Um....well heres a frustration. My hunger signal seems to mostly have three settings now: Off, medium-low, and OMG EAT THE FACES NOW, ALL THE FACES! Yesterday I had a big breakfast and wasnt hungry for hours and hours, even though I ate said cookie. Then, in the afternoon, around 4, suddenly i got huge hunger cramps and was stomach growling out of the blue. No ramp up or anything. Luckily i had some full-fat yogurt in the fridge, otherwise I probably would have started gnawing on my coworkers.
                    LOL! Corvidae you crack me up!
                    I too am/was a huge Samoa fan. By this time last year I'd have been through 2 boxes and working on a third. They are the only ones that even remotely seem just a little tempting. I think I'll just stay away.

                    I SO relate to the 3 hunger settings!! Non-existent, easily ignorable, and ravenous fat-searching beast! Though even the ravenous beast isn't hangry or shaky desperate like it used to be!
                    You don't have to be sick to get better.
                    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                    Primal start: 1/2/2012
                    My Primal Journal
                    Living, loving and learning.

                    Comment


                    • now that I eat real food, my body lets me know when I'm full and my taste buds change so that I don't enjoy the food anymore and I know its time to stop eating, and I can't keep eating the delicious food and gorge myself and roll around on the floor because i'm so full.

                      Comment


                      • I have the 3 settings: Not Hungry, Not Bad, NNNNEED FOOD NOW!!! I don't get the shakes anymore, but I do still get the "hey, what about eating?" headache. That thing's a pain in the temples.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

                        Comment


                        • I put myself on Fast Five. It gives me 2 meals/day, breakfast and lunch within a 5-hour window. (Yes, I know most people do Fast Five from 5 to 10 pm, but I'm prone to acid reflux, so I'll be opposite girl.) I fast the rest of the day. It's causing all kinds of horrible social issues and has killed my appetite. Dead. And my mom thinks I have an eating disorder now because I'm not eating 6 times a day like that snake-oil selling wankstain Dr. Oz says you should. If my family tries to pull that "we're going to have you committed to the looney bin for eating strange/being a fatty" bit again I swear I'm not speaking to any of them ever.

                          Also, I may not be able to use all the store coupons I've hoarded, because I think I'm eating less already.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                            I put myself on Fast Five. It gives me 2 meals/day, breakfast and lunch within a 5-hour window. (Yes, I know most people do Fast Five from 5 to 10 pm, but I'm prone to acid reflux, so I'll be opposite girl.) I fast the rest of the day. It's causing all kinds of horrible social issues and has killed my appetite. Dead. And my mom thinks I have an eating disorder now because I'm not eating 6 times a day like that snake-oil selling wankstain Dr. Oz says you should. If my family tries to pull that "we're going to have you committed to the looney bin for eating strange/being a fatty" bit again I swear I'm not speaking to any of them ever.

                            Also, I may not be able to use all the store coupons I've hoarded, because I think I'm eating less already.
                            I just wanted to say, Spubba, that your signature graphic cracks me up everytime I see it, and Ive been seeing it for weeks now. Still funny. ;D
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                            My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                            Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                              ...snake-oil selling wankstain Dr. Oz
                              This made me laugh so loud, my office mates were going like WTF?
                              "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

                              Onward....my primal journal
                              2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

                              My Map My Tracks Profile

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                I just wanted to say, Spubba, that your signature graphic cracks me up everytime I see it, and Ive been seeing it for weeks now. Still funny. ;D
                                Oh wow. Glad you like it. I was thinking about changing it, too. Still funny, just had a different idea for a graphic. I need freehand practice soooo baaaad. Good news is, Fast Five is giving me more time in the evenings, even with things being dumb at work, so I think I'm gonna be able to sketch 2 days in a row... zzzzomg.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X