No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay - serious frustration for a moment - apparently my nails - which have been prone to ridging tearing, snapping, breaking, and white spots my whole life have pointed to a serious B12 deficiency my whole adult life! I am frustrated that no Dr. even considered I might be low in B12 until a blood test I demanded in January!

I am glad I am taking charge of my own health...
    Originally posted by L8F
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Avalon View Post
      And that, by the way, is one of my MAJOR "frustrations": I love the feeling of my clothes falling off (20 pounds down in three months!) but I'm a six foot tall woman living in South Korea. I couldn't go out and buy new clothes even if I could afford it!

:
      I'm 6'1" and it's hard enough finding tall women's clothes here in the states. I can't imagine trying it in Korea.

I'm already down 15 pounds since the first of January, and if it keeps up like this, I'll be doing some serious shopping in a few more weeks. I've already replaced my favorite long denim skirt in the next smaller size.

Comment

• I have so much energy, I have to play my music louder.... to the shagrin of anyone around me
        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

• Bought 3 pairs of new pants less than a week ago.... already starting to need a belt. I'm getting thin and toned and sexy(er)! Boohoo!
          Just when I'd gotten into the mindset of "buy clothes that fit you no matter what the size #s say. Don't buy clothes to shrink into."
          I just never imagined it was possible to shrink this fast!
          You don't have to be sick to get better.
          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
          Primal start: 1/2/2012
          My Primal Journal
          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by unsuperb View Post
            And there are sock garters for ladies: Socks by Sock Dreams Sock Garters
            I want the spiked ones
            Oh ouch- can't cross your legs in those!

Comment

• When did a size small field shirt start being designed by Omar Tent and Awning? It claims to be a small, but you can fit two of me in this. Still trying to figure out how to tailor it without resetting the sleeves. I don't think I'll win this battle.
              Thanks to my sprinting sessions, there is now an even larger gap between jog mode and "run like hell" (I don't have a middle setting. I've tried.) Now, in order for my work friends (both over 6' tall) to keep up with me crossing the street, I hafta make sure I jog, otherwise, I'm across before they've taken three steps running.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• For me, it's the cat-calls and the grabbing in public. I'm a man, by the way...

Comment

• Originally posted by seashells View Post
                  Oh ouch- can't cross your legs in those!
                  Why would you want to <_<

Comment

• Originally posted by PeaceCorpsCaveMan View Post
                    For me, it's the cat-calls and the grabbing in public. I'm a man, by the way...
                    And, um, who is doing the grabbing?

Comment

• Ordered pizza from my favorite place in town last night - planning on a cheat with a horrible stomach to follow. I could only eat one piece because it did not taste the same... I used to love that pizza and could eat 4 or 5 pieces easy!
                      Originally posted by L8F

Comment

• Went for a run tonight and for 10.5 miles I was breathing easy, low HR and only took in 200 total calories the entire time. Dam this metabolic efficiency!

Comment

• Now that my heartburn is gone, what am I supposed to do with this Costco sized bottle of Tums?
                          I don't know what to do with all this extra cupboard space now that I'm eliminating boxed and canned foods.
                          Last edited by Sunnivara; 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• I've been the family cup cake baker for years and now I'm left with a drawer full of frosting tips, cake pans and icing bags. Plus I no longer get enjoyment from watching Cupcake Wars on TLC. The family will be quite surprised when I show up at the next birthday with omelet spinach muffins.

Comment

• There are never any coupons for meat and produce in the Sunday paper... I guess I will just have to save money by buying real food instead of crap!
                              Originally posted by L8F

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
                                There are never any coupons for meat and produce in the Sunday paper... I guess I will just have to save money by buying real food instead of crap!
                                I know! I used to love coupons and Ive started to realize that 90% of the time theyre for things I dont eat anymore. Sometimes Ill get one for yogurt, but then its hard to find full-fat greek yogurt :PpPP
                                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Working...
                                X