Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I had to buy a case of 5doz eggs last night because my two year old keeps eating all the eggs - he already went through 3doz in two weeks!

    When I try to clean out the pantry and "get rid" of the CW foods that the kids used to love they take 2-3 bites, declare it yucky and ask for meat or eggs or nuts or fruits...

    I am starting to feel really bad about feeding all my animals processed animal food - but I can't afford for them to go raw/primal until I have a job...
    Originally posted by L8F
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

    I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!


    Comment


    • Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
      Time to either eat and cook shirtless or wear a bib.

      I hear bibs are in.
      Found one for ya!

      Durp.

      Comment


      • Rita, that's the most awesome bib ever. I need to get one for my nephew. Where did you find it?

        Also, Ayla, I hear you!! I have an $80 bottle of fancy acne treatment that I don't need anymore. I am NOT throwing it out, but what the hell do I do with it now?!?!

        Comment


        • Since the first of the year, we have to wear "uniforms" at work... logo'd polo with either black or khaki pants. (that's my real gripe)

          I found the PERFECT pants for work -- they fit great, look good, are nice and tough -- at the thrift store!! Wish I could find 5-6 more pairs, but the company on the label only supplies LARGE work groups like McDonald's or FedEx (pout).

          So not looking forward to when they're too big for me anymore and I can't find another pair anywhere in the universe!
          Started 7/5/11 at 274 lbs
          Now 214 -- that's 60 lbs!
          Goal 160 lbs -- last time there was in junior high!


          "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." (Margaret Thatcher)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CattyB View Post
            Since the first of the year, we have to wear "uniforms" at work... logo'd polo with either black or khaki pants. (that's my real gripe)

            I found the PERFECT pants for work -- they fit great, look good, are nice and tough -- at the thrift store!! Wish I could find 5-6 more pairs, but the company on the label only supplies LARGE work groups like McDonald's or FedEx (pout).

            So not looking forward to when they're too big for me anymore and I can't find another pair anywhere in the universe!
            How do they define large? Can you get coworkers in on an order?
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Danielle5690 View Post
              Rita, that's the most awesome bib ever. I need to get one for my nephew. Where did you find it?
              They're all over the place online, but one place I found them was here.
              Durp.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                *I have to find yet another batch of smaller/ larger bras. I've gone from a 34C to a 30DD and it's still shrinking/ growing.
                Camisoles!
                I read here on the forums about going bra-free, and I laughed... but it's been months now and I'm loving it. I don't own a single bra anymore, and it is true that your breasts get perkier without a bra. Get the kind without any division between the chest and waist. They'll fit regardless of breast size.
                *I have a waist, hips, thighs, and ass. Most clothing manufaturers say "Pick any two."
                Look up Apple Bottom jeans online ;-) Another brand I used to like is Great Glam, but their clothing has gone super skanky.. though there's still some treasures on the website.
                *I haven't cleared enough freezer space yet for half a cow.
                Haha, same here...

                And now my own frustration...
                Even farmers are freaked out when I ask about chicken feet
                My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

                Comment


                • I tend to go braless at home, however, the idea of going out in public sans a bra still skeeves me out. I've gotten lucky with Old Navy's The Dreamer, but I think that, with dong squats again, I'll hafta go up to 4 and them take in the waist. I've tried Apple Bottoms and their low-rise schtick is NOT my friend.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    How do they define large? Can you get coworkers in on an order?
                    I can't even get into their "identity" (KFC, Taco Bell, Nathan's) part of the website without an account and a password. The rest of the site is all about scrubs and other medical attire and, although I work in a clinic, I'm one of the 'accessory personnel' that doesn't wear that stuff. The next closest thing they have are "chef's pants", but they're not what I WANT. <pout, pout, pout>
                    Started 7/5/11 at 274 lbs
                    Now 214 -- that's 60 lbs!
                    Goal 160 lbs -- last time there was in junior high!


                    "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." (Margaret Thatcher)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CattyB View Post
                      I can't even get into their "identity" (KFC, Taco Bell, Nathan's) part of the website without an account and a password. The rest of the site is all about scrubs and other medical attire and, although I work in a clinic, I'm one of the 'accessory personnel' that doesn't wear that stuff. The next closest thing they have are "chef's pants", but they're not what I WANT. <pout, pout, pout>
                      Damn, that blows. Try Dickie's or Carhartt.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CattyB View Post
                        Since the first of the year, we have to wear "uniforms" at work... logo'd polo with either black or khaki pants. (that's my real gripe)

                        I found the PERFECT pants for work -- they fit great, look good, are nice and tough -- at the thrift store!! Wish I could find 5-6 more pairs, but the company on the label only supplies LARGE work groups like McDonald's or FedEx (pout).

                        So not looking forward to when they're too big for me anymore and I can't find another pair anywhere in the universe!
                        Try eBay.

                        Comment


                        • So i know every one has heard this "frustration" before...but this is the first time this has ever happened to me so I'm posting it. So there. Thanks to a crotch obsessed puppy, I had to go out and buy new jeans the day after christmas. I got two really great pairs from american eagle...size eight. I fit into the size sixes but I looked like the pillsbury doughboy trying on skinny jeans...so i went with the size eight. Shoulda gone with the sixes....I have to hold my pants up when i walk up stairs so peeps dont see my underpants. And i can't wear thongs anymore either..unless its suddenly acceptable to have them on view for everyone. I need to buy a belt for utility rather than fashion for the first time ever. I can't wait until spring/summer. Those short shorts are gunna feel real good in a size six.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                            They're all over the place online, but one place I found them was here.
                            Thanks!!

                            Comment


                            • Bought new cute and tiny underwear less than two weeks ago... Now it's all big and keeps bunching up above/outside my jeans! How embarrassing!
                              My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                              Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                I tend to go braless at home, however, the idea of going out in public sans a bra still skeeves me out. I've gotten lucky with Old Navy's The Dreamer, but I think that, with dong squats again, I'll hafta go up to 4 and them take in the waist. I've tried Apple Bottoms and their low-rise schtick is NOT my friend.
                                I bought a pair of Yoga Jeans (Second Jeans) and adore them. They fit my squatter's thighs and butt and manage to keep my underwear covered at the same time.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                                Owly's Journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X