Soy primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy primal?

Are Organic Tofu and unsweetened soymilk okay for the PB?

Unfortunately soy would probably make the top 10 worst food list. Have you tried unsweetened almond milk?

Comment

check this link out from Weston Price:

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

Soy is bad stuff, stay away, I used to consume it and would get horrid stomach pains and would put it down to everything else but the soy products. Now I know better.

Comment

soy is terrible. some say the well fermented stuff is ok, but no thanks for me

Comment

Soy bad.

Comment

wow guess i will be eliminating soy

Comment

I admit, I have a weakness for tofu- at least the stuff that Wegman's puts in their vegetarian salad. I haven't had it since going full PB, but ohhh... it was so good. It's really hard to say no to.

As far as milk goes, almond milk is the best, and can easily be made at home for next to nothing. All you really need are some almonds and some water. I think it's 4 cups water for 1 cup almonds. Less water for thicker milk.

I recently made some really good milk. It was really thick. I think I went 2:1 on the water:almonds, and after I strained it through cloth to catch the pulp, I added stevia and vanilla extract. It was better than hot chocolate. Could make for a very good eggnog base.

Comment

Diana, Sounds really yummy.

Comment

you can make all sorts of nut milks- cashew & pecan are especially delicious using Diana's method above- but it really helps to ahve a high speed blender for this (a VitaMix or Ktec).

and yes stay away from soy, it's an estrogen-stimulant and no good for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X