constipation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constipation

Ok people, what is the best thing to take for this problem. I am really tired of this. I don't want a colon cleanse, or a food group. Either something in a pill or liquid form so I don't have to rely on laxatives. Thanks

There is a timely post on the Mark's Daily Apple home page this very moment! Go have a look, but be warned, the photo is pretty, ahem, well, you'll see.

Comment

Yes - help. Same problem here. Started PB about 2 and half weeks ago.Before that I was a very "regular" guy (used eat tons of brown rice & beans). This is the only drawback of the new lifestyle to date.

Tryed upping fiber intake via Psyllium - did not work.

Comment

there was a time when i was a thrice daily pooper...thanks kashi go lean cereal + fiber one cereal bars zomg

now that i switched over to PB (about 3.5months now) i'm adjusted. the longest i went was 3 days. it's common for me to go only 1x daily or once every 2 days.

i don't panic, i just make sure i drink lots of water, get in some exercise (ashtanga yoga, walking or running ALWAYS gets things moving). leafy greens are a staple of my daily diet, since i've really cut down my fruit intake and replaced with veggies it's made things much easier on my system in regards to regularity. if i still find myself stopped, i drink 1/4c aloe vera juice at night or an herbal tea with ginger root in it and in the am i seem to be fine. p.s. a cup of morning coffee does wonders! don't stress!

Comment

I did not have the constipation problem with going primal at all... until about 2 months ago. Had a really rough day, good thing it wasn't a work day. Haven't really experienced it since then, but cutting back to almost no dairy and eating a piece of fruit every day has helped me. Also, I drink a bit of coffee in the morning and that usually prompts a good mid morning BM for me.

Comment

There is an herb called senna that has a laxative effect. It is typically drank in a tea (google "senna tea.")

(My personal favorite remedy is to eat an entire cucumber.)

Comment

a few grams of vit c in the morning and a couple of grams of mag before bed...magnesium to tolerance usually does it.

also a couple of tablespoons of coconut flour mixed with water and eaten like porridge. that works too.

Comment

I assume when my body acclomates to the new eating plan that things will return to normal???? this seems to be somewhat typical for newbies????

Comment

Working...
                X