No announcement yet.

The Cold Shower Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!! Ok out of necessity but I did it! Our AC went out... what a miserable night as the house did not cool off well to sleep. A cold shower felt wonderful!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

If the water is cold, how will it melt the grease off my scalp and face? I already spend a few minutes a day pushing giant white plugs of grease out of my cheeks and nose. Wouldn't shrinking my pores make it even more difficult to get the grease out?
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Nevermind. I just took a cold shower and it's amazing. I felt a visceral surge when I plunged my face into the water. After acclimating for a minute at medium temps, I set the dial to cold and put my face in the water as it was reaching its chilliest. I must have activated my mammalian diving reflex because my heart rate is well below 60bmp right now. After a hot shower it's usually beating rather quickly to keep the blood going. And my skin feels nice and tight now, instead of irritated and red. Circulation returned to my fingers as I typed this. Going cold!
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

This idea is going over like a...cold shower! No thanks .

Comment

I love cold showers in the summer - in fact, I can't stand the hotter water temps. In the winter, I do warm it up a bit and sometimes go quite warm at the end. Do you think it's better to have a cool/cold shower in the AM or PM? I ask as many nights I lay in bed and feeling a little too warm, consider a quick cool down. Will it help with sleep?

Comment

I love a good cool/cold shower right before bed after a warm summer day. It cools you right down and doesn't keep me awake at all. I know some people have issues sleeping after a shower, but not me.
              Beginning of Primal Journey:
              Date: 4/6/2011
              Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've been lowering the water temp all summer because the gym showers are FRIGID unless no one has showered for a while. Even then, it lasts for about 1 minute. I take faster showers when it's cold, so it's a great way to conserve the water/heat bill!
                Depression Lies

Comment

This sounds pretty damn good, gotta live up to my name, so starting this today!

Comment

Dabbled in trying cold showers here and there. Tried last week sometime, got in with warm water and turned it down to cold with a little warm water still coming through (pure cold water is practically like ice here). Got out expecting to feel the warm air, but it was freezing, thus discouraging.

Comment

It's the wrong time of year for me to give a try. In summer, "cold" is perfect room temp.

Comment

Tried it this weekend. Brrrrrrrrr...good thing it's almost summer where I'm at. I recommend starting with a cold you can tolerate and work the degrees down slowly.
                        "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

I go straight in now before the water has got warm. Really gets my heart going! I try and get the cold water everywhere. Am not so hard core as to have a fully cold shower though.

Comment

I had to give up hot showers for two months once, because of travels. It really was amazing. When I got home I continued taking cool showers for a long time - until a cold winter, I think. LOL

I would really *like* a cold shower here! But with temperatures over 100 F (40 C) every day and our water coming from a rooftop storage tank, we have to shower first thing in the morning when it is the coolest just to not get scalded! Lately I'm hurrying because they're just too hot.

Comment

Okay, I'm always in for a challenge!
                              "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

I have spent time in Muscat and those scalding hot showers from the cold tap are fun. Ow ow ow! Muscat is a very nice city, and even better now they built all those motorways so you don't get stuck in traffic all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X