I can actually eat bacon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can actually eat bacon!

I'm new to this an bought bacon this morning for breakfast. I can't remember the last time I ate bacon. I was cooking it and the whole time kept saying to myself "you're not supposed to eat that". I mean it was drowning in fat. It's just so against how I've eaten for 10 years.

Just to make sure I'm not missing something here...

I really can eat bacon?

LOL! Yes, you can really eat bacon!! Welcome to the PB forum, Canadian.

Comment

This is AWESOME!!! I'm so excited. Bacon Bacon Bacon.

Comment

Was Canadian bacon? Just kidding.

Comment

YES! Bacon with eggs, bacon with vegetables, bacon with bacon.... Do buy the nitrate-free stuff. Welcome to PB

Comment

I stay away from regular supermarket bacon and buy bacon from farmers I know. If I can't get that, I look for nitrate-free, organic, or pastured bacon. Commercial pork production is scary stuff.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I've noticed with bacon that so much of the fat ends up staying in the pan (i.e. not on the strips that I eat)... so we save the bacon fat that is left over and add it to stews and sauces. Yum!

quette's journal

Comment

Ah, yes! I eat 6-12 oz. of uncured bacon almost every morning. Nothing feels better than bacon. Such a perfect fat/protein ratio too. Sometimes I have some more later if I don't feel like making dinner.

PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

Bacon makes everything better.

Comment

I eat bacon almost every day

Comment

Did you know that if you cut yourself, you can use a slice of bacon instead of a bandage? Actually, no, you probably shouldn't do that.

But yes, eat lots!

I save the bacon fat in a little container in the fridge for when I cook eggs or chicken sausages.

After I eat bacon (with my hands of course... very primal) my fingers smell like bacon for hours and it makes me want to eat even more bacon.

Comment

[quote]

Sometimes I have some more later if I don&#39;t feel like making dinner.</blockquote>

LOL--we had this for lunch today...Totally didn&#39;t feel like making anything--bacon sure is easy...

YUM!

Comment

Working...
                        X