My 6 month progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 6 month progress

It has been now 6 months since I discovered primal/paleo and simultaneously dove into it like the shining beacon towards health that it is. Before I went primal/paleo, I would swear I was on the verge of type 2 diabetes and in general felt my overall health was on a train going south.

Mark's Primal Blueprint Forums have been my daily readings during this time, but I also intensively studied the books AND blogs of Taubes, Eades, Jaminet, Naughton, Moore, Deans, Masterjohn, Wolf, Guyenet, Harris, Dobromylskyj, and Davis. They and Sisson are 13 people who have changed my life irrevocably. Their collective writings should be mandatory study for all health professionals. And to them as well as the forums community here I owe tremendous thanks. I would say I have easily spent an average of 2 hours a day for those 6 months in such study reading their materials, and its still only breaking the surface of what remains to be discovered.

All in all I feel I am but an average case of success, many have needed to, and lost, far more than myself. I peaked at 205lbs last Dec 1, was at 200lbs when I discovered Primal/Paleo early January, and I am now 151lbs beginning of July. I dropped over 50lbs, and my waist went from 41 inches to currently 32. I did all of that without an ounce of exercise being the most amazing thing. Unfortunately I still have a bit of a pouch on my belly that still needs to come off, and I have lean muscle to add throughout.

Exercise? Well, I recently started an intense exercise regimen to get myself back into shape. My goal is to have washboard abs for the first time in my life (I am 41 btw). I can already see them peaking through the 1/2 inch fat in front of them, and can definitely feel them taking shape, but there's still some ways to go.

The first 6 months of the year put me back to a baseline of where I was in college, weight and shape wise. The next 6 months is going to give me a body that LGN (I hope you all know what that is

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, and reading mine.

EDIT: Well I tried pants on today and since I am now fitting into a true 32 at the waist I updated my size above... so thats 9 sizes down for me!
    Last edited by wildwabbit; 07-03-2011, 05:08 PM.

You don't sound average to me. Well done!
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

Brilliant! Congratulations!!
      In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
      Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Well done. How about some pics?

Comment

Thats fantastic! And it sounds like you're far from average, I'd say you're way above average. Huge congrats
          Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Wow! Great work! I second the request for pics. Don't be shy.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

good job! were you 100 percent the whole time with eating and no exercise? or were you 80/20?
              I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Fannnnnnnnnntastic
                Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                CW: 146.8 lbs
                GW 140 lbs
                A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by primalprincess7 View Post
                  good job! were you 100 percent the whole time with eating and no exercise? or were you 80/20?
                  I was 100% no exercise until June 1st. I literally sat at my desk, my couch, or my car driver's seat 95% of the time. The other 5% was walking through the parking lot or to the bathroom :P
                  Since June 1st, I have been 3 hrs per week intensive training regime that beats my high school conditioning class for intensity. I am only now no longer hurting the 2nd day after each workout.
                  Last edited by wildwabbit; 07-03-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    Wow! Great work! I second the request for pics. Don't be shy.
                    Ok, I found a pic from October that shows what I used to look like. I am working on getting my camera gear together for a current photo. I really wasn't planning to post a pic until I got my abs though. Skinny wabbit I am now :P

Comment

Here is a picture from Oct 2010, it really doesn't show well my body shape but the clothing hides it well as you make our the bulging mid-section.

The second picture was taken today (July 3 2011). Still have a ways to go before things get defined.
                      wab-15oct10.jpgwab-3jul11.jpg

Comment

Congratulations. Grok on!
                        Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

"Average" success?

Dude, you CRUSHED it!!

Way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by astronmr20 View Post
                            "Average" success?

Dude, you CRUSHED it!!

Way to go...
                            Appreciate the kind words! I wasn't going out of my way to be humble, I was just recognizing I didn't have as far to go as many others. I worked hard at it of course (hard as in, focused, not that it was terribly hard). But many others around here worked harder, longer, having further to go, deserving great accolades. I still humbly accept any sent my way, appreciatively

Comment

Well, I'm pretty much how you are in the first picture-- Havent really lost any around the middle, but I notice something in my face, arms, and legs. been primal for about 8 weeks.

Have to keep telling myself "Stick with it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X