No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the smell of Hostess declaring bankruptcy...smells like a semi free market!

Comment

• Went shopping this weekend. Bought two new pairs of jeans because the others were just looking too baggy and threatening to fall down. I've dropped from size 26 to 20 since October. AND...I found a shirt in the clearance section that is a duplicate of one of my favorite shirts that I've been using in my progress photos (I'll eventually post them). It will be fun to continue to use the same shirt...just a smaller size as I continue to shrink.

Comment

• Fitness bootcamp instructor told me my arms are looking good today
        ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
        CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
        Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• First ever dead hang chin up!
          Believe and achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalJosh View Post
            First ever dead hang chin up!
            Josh- That's awesome!!! I still have that triumph to experience.

Comment

• My 15 yr old daughter asked me to help her brade her hair this morning and I noticed how much healthier her hair had been lately. It used to break and look horrible at the ends, but it is now growing out nicely.

Me: "Your hair is looking really healthy, what have you been doing differently"?

Daughter: "I know - I think it's the food Mom"!

Me: "Your skin has been really clear lately too"!

Daughter: "I know - It's so much better"!

I took the family primal by captive last March (2011). They still eat bread when we go out (rare), but my kids are so much healthier. If you don't buy the crap, they can't eat it at home! More proof that eventually, the family will have to admit this is good for them. This is the real triumph!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalJosh View Post
                First ever dead hang chin up!
                I dreamed I did a dead hang chin up! That's gotta count for something, right?!
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I forgot to post it last night. For shits and giggles, I grabbed Geek's 26 lb dumb bell to see if I could do my one arm rows with it. I did. I strained HARD for the last couple with each arm, but I did it. 10 lb weight, EAT IT!
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Went to a doctors office that I thought was supporting paleo. Mostly because, you know, you have a goddamn book about it on your wall behind the checkin desk.

Got a mouthful of conventional wisdom, low fat diet bologna that drove me insane!

Blood pressure? down a few points (128/88) w00t.

Got on the scale.

Guess who has two thumbs and lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks?

This guy.

F%&^ doctors.

Edit:

I even had the audacity to tell him I wasn't going low fat because I finally have my mental issues under control. Still, flak for actually being healthy.
                    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-26-2012, 10:52 AM. Reason: prevent repost
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• ^I really just want to ask those doctors what helped my cholesterol/weightloss/insert-applicable-problem-here if the only change made was going Primal? I'll find out next month if my cholesterol is amazing (after being crappy last July right after starting Primal).
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        ^I really just want to ask those doctors what helped my cholesterol/weightloss/insert-applicable-problem-here if the only change made was going Primal? I'll find out next month if my cholesterol is amazing (after being crappy last July right after starting Primal).
                        You go girl. Kick some doctor ass.
                        Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                        Follow me on google+
                        Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                        "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Decided it was time to start exercising after 6 months off and jumped on the dip station.

Usually, after that long of a break, I can only do 3 or 4.

THIS TIME I DID 12!!!!!

Holy Batshit Sheepman!

Comment

• I don't feel like I've lost weight (a few cheats over the last few weeks). But tonight I put on my tight jeans for shits and giggles and normally I have to do squats to make them comfortable...shut up, fat guys do it too. But they were kind of loose, like I had worn them a few times. Then I drank too much whiskey (no coke, which is primal..right. Kidding) and ate taco bell, so there goes that victory and probably a pimple on my now clear skin.

Oh well, eggs and bacon for lunch tomorrow.

Comment

• As per the not loving mornings thread, I wasn't enjoying waking and rising. I went almost dairy free (very small amounts of butter and ghee) at that time and yesterday and today I didn't even feel tired!! I'm a bit tired now (It's 9.45pm here) but I have been up since 4.30am. I had to start work at 5am, and I only work one Friday each fortnight, so I"m not exactly used to waking. But last night I told myself off ''You're not going to wake every hour (as I normally do), you'll wake at 4.30" And I did!

so pretty trivial triumph, but I"m happy. I'm also back to my lowest weight (I am not a very big person so for me, a kilo or two is quite significant), and it does seem I had to cut the dairy. Once I'm down to where I want to be, I'll only have dairy Friday night, so I can sleep it off over the weekend. Or perhaps by then, I won't even want it

Comment

• Sounds like you're doing great Bron its great when the skinny trousers become the ones that fit! I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to kick the dairy too and also hoping I get to a point where I just don't miss it. Fingers crossed for both of us.

My triumph today is that I managed 30 straight, full push ups in my first circuit at the gym today which is the most I've ever done! 6 months ago I couldn't have done 30 on my knees I then did 20 in my second circuit so 50 overall. Soo pleased with myself

Sugar is my nicotine...

Comment

Working...
                                X