Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
    Thank you!!! Yeah, I think zebras are tough, yet elegant
    They are, but they also snap INSTANTLY into panic mode at ANYTHING. "Wait, that horse-cookie landed two feet to the left of where I expected it to. RUN AWAY!!!"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
      They are, but they also snap INSTANTLY into panic mode at ANYTHING. "Wait, that horse-cookie landed two feet to the left of where I expected it to. RUN AWAY!!!"
      "Horse- Cookie" heh, heh, yep, I'd RUN AWAY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
        If your ancestors were reguarly hunted by lions, you'd have a pretty good flight response too.
        Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• I love all of our triumphs!! Way to go you guys!!! New pants and dropping weight and smaller sizes and feeling GOOD!

I gave a bunch of pants/skirts that are way to big to a consignment shop yesterday. I had 3 comments about how skinny I look this week. Last night getting ready for bed, my husband asked if my bras were fitting different... I asked why and he said my breasteses were getting smaller... FAT LOSS! I seem to have stopped losing weight but my workouts are really toning me up... I can see signs of muscle and when I tell my husband to poke my stomach, there is hardness under my skin vs mush!! It is all so exciting to me!

I probably need to ease up with dairy and wine... we'll see where I get with strength for a little while before I whittle down the foods in my eating plan. Ordered Convict Conditioning and You Are Your Own Gym for some good body weight exercises. I am very intrigued by them! Al Kavaldo is my new role model for the body weight stuff... even tho' I am a woman and prolly 2x his age. grin.
          We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I just did my first unassisted chin-up since, I don't know, sixth grade? Next step: getting all the way up on a pull-up.

Comment

• Where do I begin? Last New Years day (2011) I woke up depressed and dIsgusted with myself. Got on the scale and was horrified to see I weighed 332 lbs and 52.5% body fat. I have never been that heavy in my life. So I decided to do something about it. A lot of my friends had been doing Paleo for a while and I started reading and found Mark. I dove head first into Primal and it has changed my life. 3 months into my life style change at the coaxing from a friend I started doing Crossfit. So fast forward to today and a year later. I have lost 121 pounds and am down to 20.5% body fat. I am happy and healthy and can't believe I lived my life like I had in the past.
              Thank you mark for everything.

Comment

• Wow Scgi2000! That's phenomenal!!

I'm down 8lbs in 3 weeks! Turned down horrible food choices (pizza, chips, wretched Girl Scout Cookies!) on 3 occasions in past few weeks and don't even miss it! Don't feel hungry! SO much more energy! Deadlifted 95# in Crossfit a week ago. After 250 squats in another CF session, I was still able to sit and pee for the next few days after! LOL! Now THAT'S PROGRESS!!!

Comment

• Keep it up. It just gets better from here. I love Crossfit. I've more than doubled my strength in 9 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by back2basix View Post
                    Wow Scgi2000! That's phenomenal!!

I'm down 8lbs in 3 weeks! Turned down horrible food choices (pizza, chips, wretched Girl Scout Cookies!) on 3 occasions in past few weeks and don't even miss it! Don't feel hungry! SO much more energy! Deadlifted 95# in Crossfit a week ago. After 250 squats in another CF session, I was still able to sit and pee for the next few days after! LOL! Now THAT'S PROGRESS!!!
                    Turned down horrible food choices (pizza, chips, wretched Girl Scout Cookies!)
                    Girl Scout Cookies
                    What kind of planet do you live on?!

Even I break primal for a day, JUST for girlscout cookies :O

Though I do pay for it later
                    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-16-2012, 08:27 AM.
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Nah - even those don't taste good to me anymore, Josh. They don't even *sound* good. And I used to eat them by the dozen.
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                        Nah - even those don't taste good to me anymore, Josh. They don't even *sound* good. And I used to eat them by the dozen.
                        *respect*

There are those of us who cannot snack, and I certainly am one of them, but to not respect the fact that GSA fight for equality and gay rights, is awesome and is worthy in my eyes.

You might catch me eating a thin mint.

It was pretty much my childhood, and why I was obese haha.
                        Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM.
                        Follow me on google+

Comment

• Today's triumph? Declining any snacking and just drinking some coffee with full fat creamer for lunch.
                          Follow me on google+

Comment

• what's that? I have lost 3 more lbs... HECK YES! down 8 lbs since the 3rd of Jan!
                            Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• After my daughter was born, I packed away my interview suit because it was a smidge too small and I wasn't going to use it for awhile anyway. Got it on and tried it today and it fits perfectly!

Comment

• A little over 3 months in and down 27 lbs. so far!

Bad news: Now none of my clothes fit right anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X