Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CattyB View Post
    Through all the holidays, with multiple visits to family and friends, with lots of "goodies" available in my workplace... I've LOST 5 more pounds!

Using what I call my 'smug bug' internal satisfaction monitor to resist sweets and keep myself in check really works!
    Awesome, I've totally been feeling this too and love that you came up with a name for it. I have this feeling when I not just walk, but freaking prowl my way through the aisles of the grocery store, moving strongly and fluidly and dodging easily around people shuffling behind their overloaded grocery carts, as I make my way past them to the meat counter. It's even better at whole foods, since the store is loaded with vegan propaganda and products that I smugly ignore as I look for the ribeye steak with the best marbling.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I am on the other side of 200. After more than 10 years I will also soon be 100 pounds lighter than my maximum.

Thank you so much, Mark.

Comment

• Wow, Farfalla, good for you!

Comment

• I decided I deserved some wine today after a 1-week detox. I live in the UK, where the minimum age for buying alcohol is 18. However, the law states that if the purchaser looks under 25, the seller has to ask for ID showing date of birth.

The guy at the checkout eyed me up and said 'I bet you're going to tell me you've just passed your 25th birthday.' I said 'No - I'm 41, so I don't bother carrying ID'. He said 'I don't believe you but I'll let you buy the wine'. I said 'I've always looked young for my age but also I'm on a special diet which makes you look younger'. He gave me a very strange look. I didn't mention primal or eating more saturated fat.

Anyhow... I'd had a feeling such a scenario was going to play out pretty soon. Last time I was asked for ID was when I was 23. Back then the law stated that the seller should only request it when the purchaser looked under 18. So obviously, I was pretty elated.

I was in a big shopping mall, and couldn't get over how tired and ill so many people looked after the excesses of Christmas...many of them obviously much younger than me.

So this feels like a massive result. Especially as I've been more strictly primal in the past week than ever before, partly because of the New Year but also because I spent so much time over the Christmas holidays reading Mark's Primal Blueprint book and posts on this forum, which leave me more convinced than ever of the power of primal!
          Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-07-2012, 02:35 PM. Reason: bad grammar!
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• I gave my previous skinny jeans to my sister the other day because they were falling off of me. She has always been the tall thin one. Man that felt great.

Comment

• I can almost do a one armed chinup.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• I lost 5 lbs since last tuesday! I have started going 100% primal (literally-I have not had one thing that is not primal in 6 days... not a smidge... not a white potato, not a side of anything or touch of anything non primal... hell I haven't even had honey or maple syrup... or fruits of any kind in 6 days!)

Also I am 92 days abstinant (Overeaters Anonymous) ... I have not had Ice Cream in 92 days... that is insane.
                Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Lost 44 lbs going primal. I just started leptin resistance protocol a la jack kruise, LOVING the results already. My depression is COMPLETELY gone. HORRAY!
                  Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                  Follow me on google+
                  Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                  "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• I'm down another 10lbs. I started in July at 5'4 197lbs. I weighted in on Christmas at 159lbs. I have also dropped 2 more pants sizes. This is just off diet because I haven't started my exercise program yet.

Comment

• Had a big breakfast this morning of scrambled eggs with bacon and onion, and extra bacon on the side. Went out and did stuff for pretty much the entire day, and had two Starbucks Americanos along the way, with nothing but my usual heavy cream. Didn't get hungry at all, and ate a few tablespoons of last night's leftovers when I got home more as a "just in case" than because I was actually hungry.

It feels *good* to be able to go so long without desperately needing to stuff food in my face.

Comment

• I fit back into my size 4 work slacks today! No gaping zipper, no awkward tummy-sucking. Felt like a strong, graceful zebra of the UNIVERSE!! (zebras are strong and graceful, right?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                          I fit back into my size 4 work slacks today! No gaping zipper, no awkward tummy-sucking. Felt like a strong, graceful zebra of the UNIVERSE!! (zebras are strong and graceful, right?)
                          Yes, they are. And they pack a hell of a punch when you upset them. Like the punch you just gave your excess weight. Good job!
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I got into the narrowest, most unforgiving pants I own today: they are a heavy weave satin with no lycra or even some 'give' like denim, and they are a very skinny clinging cut, women's size 8... Havent worn them in about a year; couldnt close them even last week. So woot woot for today!

Comment

• Originally posted by primal4fifty View Post
                              I got into the narrowest, most unforgiving pants I own today: they are a heavy weave satin with no lycra or even some 'give' like denim, and they are a very skinny clinging cut, women's size 8... Havent worn them in about a year; couldnt close them even last week. So woot woot for today!
                              Woot! That's awesome! Yeah, satin pants have always been something that I've wanted (so chic, yet rocker-sexy), but my tum-tum pudge refused to cooperate in the dressing room! What do you wear with the satin pants?
                              P.S. primal4fifty, please post again, so I'm not bogarting your post!
                              Last edited by Rasputina; 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                                Yes, they are. And they pack a hell of a punch when you upset them. Like the punch you just gave your excess weight. Good job!
                                Thank you!!! Yeah, I think zebras are tough, yet elegant

Comment

Working...
                                X