• Some numbers which make me happy

4 months in and here are the changes

BP was 149/80 is now 124/64
    Resting pulse was 82 now 60
    BMI was 46 now 38

still a ways to go but this is so encouraging

Thanks Mark,

Comment

• I've been primal for 4 months now, and running in VFFs for the last two. I ran a 10k yesterday and set a new PR. The old PR was from early 2010. Extremely confident I will be able to beat my standing 5k PR (set way back in 2008 and haven't really been close to it since) in the last race of the season, and not only that but pretty sure I'll finally break that 20-minute barrier while I'm at it. I don't think I've ever felt as good running as I did yesterday.

Comment

• OK, so, before becoming the Primal Beast that I now am, I used to be sickly and miss a lot of work. As such, my paid time off (PTO) bank at work was always running on empty.

Now that I'm Primal, I'm never sick. Nor do I even need "mental health" days any longer.

I just checked, and my bank has been built up to 182 hours of paid time off. 1-8-2, bitches! (That's 22.75 days off with pay.) BOOYAH!
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
          OK, so, before becoming the Primal Beast that I now am, I used to be sickly and miss a lot of work. As such, my paid time off (PTO) bank at work was always running on empty.

Now that I'm Primal, I'm never sick. Nor do I even need "mental health" days any longer.

I just checked, and my bank has been built up to 182 hours of paid time off. 1-8-2, bitches! (That's 22.75 days off with pay.) BOOYAH!
          Almost up to the annual level of a federal employee! That's pretty impressive.

Comment

• I went to my first Crossfit session last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, felt I did pretty well, and I'm not too sore today!! I'm so excited to go back on Friday!

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
              OK, so, before becoming the Primal Beast that I now am, I used to be sickly and miss a lot of work. As such, my paid time off (PTO) bank at work was always running on empty.

Wow! That is so awesome Tigerlily. Actual quantifiable proof that your health continues to improve
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• When I first bought these jeans I'm wearing, they were... quite snug. There were times I wasn't sure I'd be able to get them zipped.

I just realized I can now pull them down without unbuttoning/zipping them. Last night my pajama pants fell off as I was walking up the stairs (lol). Last winter, I could barely zip my winter coat. I put it on today and had four or five inches to spare. Hooray!
                “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• Did my first pull-up last night. Ever.

Trust me...it will not be the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                    Now i get all the "skin head" jokes from my friends because I am 6'7" german with blonde hair and green eyes... Oh well..
                    Well, hello . . .
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• It just feels good to have my clothes swimming around me after years of trying to squeeze into whatever size I`ve been about to grow out of. And to feel the muscles growing on my body. It feels so good!

Comment

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
                        Did my first pull-up last night. Ever.

Keep counting. I've always wondered how many pushups I've done over my decade+ in the Army. I never started keeping track until the other day, after reading Berkhan's article on fuckarounitis.

Comment

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
                          Did my first pull-up last night. Ever.

Congratulations!!! Pullups are awesome.

Comment

• I got checked out at the gym today. I was moving slowly on the eliptical machine keeping my heart rate right at about 75%. I was looking in the mirror in the front of the room and saw the chick next to me look over, then scan down and back up all slow.

It made me feel good cause just a few months ago I was one of the fat bloated guys, sweating my ass off going as fast as I could keeping my heart rate at 95% for an hour. Now I work out half as hard and I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months.
                            July 25 - 231.4
                            Aug 25 - 220
                            Sep 26 - 214
                            Oct 26 - 208.8

Comment

• Great job everyone!

I started the year at 154 and today I hit my lowest adult weight ever, 138! I feel great and I can also do 10+ real pushups, still working on the pullups.
                              My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by hbmcracer View Post
                                I got checked out at the gym today. I was moving slowly on the eliptical machine keeping my heart rate right at about 75%. I was looking in the mirror in the front of the room and saw the chick next to me look over, then scan down and back up all slow.
                                *snip*
                                I don't know if you're in the market or not, but it's still a nice ego boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X