Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My menstrual cycle is like clockwork. Literally a 28-day cycle for the past few months.

After years of menstruating only a few times a year, then 1.5+ years without a cycle, then only medication-assisted menstruation, then months of constant bleeding, then getting off the meds and refusing doctors' piling on the hormonal contraception recommendations... this is definitely a triumph.
    I can't wait to get to this point. How long have you been primal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
      Look at where my VFFs took me today... First time I have been up here in 10 years. The "pinnacle" Appalachian trail Hamburg PA... did about a 8 mile trek yesterday.
      I am ALL about VFF hiking! Although I have the sprints and stuff gets in them all..the....time. I need to look into KSOs. ;p
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• What I think is amazing is how lately when I have a little bit of a "cheat," I no longer want to overindulge. A few weeks ago, I was at a friend's house playing board games and he made fresh brownies (to his credit, he used real butter and whole milk instead of veggie-oil and non-fat-"milk"-water). He put them in the middle of the table, where everyone proceeded to dive in. I conceded and had one, and enjoyed it with some whole milk. And then, even tho fresh, warm, tasty-smelling brownies were RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME for an HOUR, I **DID NOT FEEL THE URGE TO HAVE ANOTHER**. I mean I was like, "Oh I *could* eat one, but meh." Whereas before it would have required pure, absolute willpower to refrain from it, and I would have been miserable in the meantime.

Also this weekend I was at a friend's wedding. I ate mostly paleo all weekend, but I had some bread with cheese/butter and a big piece of their (amazing!) wedding-pie (I have decided that the cake/pie of my friends' weddings and a single piece of good-quality birthday cake on my birthday are not even cheats at all, they are required). I could have easily been hoovering bread and pie all evening, but instead I had a bit, enjoyed it, and then wandered off without much more of a thought.
        Last edited by Corvidae; 09-19-2011, 03:33 PM. Reason: copy-edit
        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
          I can't wait to get to this point. How long have you been primal?
          A year and three months, but not strictly and continuously. I did have several months of breakthrough bleeding last fall, and I'm still not sure why. But I've been off metformin (for PCOS) since February or so, and have had regular cycles since March/April, I think.

Comment

• BIG thing happened here yesterday. Hubby, who is a potato chips every single day guy, asked me to throw them out!! He said they just don't taste good any more and he probably won't eat them again!! This is huge because just a couple of months ago he said he was never going to give up potato chips. I didn't even have to nag!
            Now, if I could just get him to flush the toilet.............
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• oh jesus lol
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Another recent one was I tried a bit of rice back in my diet and realise, not even that, bloated and windy - two things I haven't been for three months - experimentation and how the body reacts, nice (well not really) to get first hand example
                BA (Hons) Photography Blog

Comment

• thank you

Comment

• Small triumph: I did my first 24 hour intermittent fast! It wasn't pre-planned. I simply was not hungry until 24 hours after having an incredibly nourishing meal (steamed grass-fed pork belly with vegetables and scrambled eggs). And the scale now registers 142. This is officially ten pounds lost in one month.

Comment

• Originally posted by catbreu View Post
                      Small triumph: I did my first 24 hour intermittent fast! It wasn't pre-planned. I simply was not hungry until 24 hours after having an incredibly nourishing meal (steamed grass-fed pork belly with vegetables and scrambled eggs). And the scale now registers 142. This is officially ten pounds lost in one month.
                      Where do you find grass-fed pork? I'm pretty sure that pigs, like humans and bears, are omnivores, and can't eat just grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by mammlouk View Post
                        I have to say that people who say things like this astonish me. I may choose not to have any donuts or pastries, but I will absolutely never get to a place when I have no desire for them.
                        Never say never. I've been doing this 18 months, and for me, and many others, it's hormonal (or gut-related, or something, but very much internal and changeable). I've had increasingly longer windows where I just couldn't care less about sweets. I even had a week this summer where it was so much meh that I had my favorite dessert in the world - cheesecake - as an option in front of me and I tried and tried to want it, but couldn't. Just. didn't. care.

Nothing short of a miracle when compared to where I came from. It's a long, long journey, but I'm getting close and some day, it won't just be longer and longer windows, it'll be all the time. I never, ever could have imagined it before.
                        Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                        Look at where my VFFs took me today... First time I have been up here in 10 years. The "pinnacle" Appalachian trail Hamburg PA... did about a 8 mile trek yesterday.
                        That first pic should be a VFF ad!
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I love that first picture - it looks breathtakingly beautiful up there.
                          There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• My boyfriend asked me to pick up some milk & cereal ([[cringe]] I could not think of the last harmful cereal so just got the knock-off Cheerios he wanted, which are at least low in sugar) the other day. Being me, I bought the 1% organic milk (still not a great option, but less shit added to it, even though there's 12g of sugar!). He said "Organic?" with a disbelieving face. I said, "Yeap." Later I asked him why he was skeptical about it, turns out he was only worried about cost (sweet of him considering he isn't paying for anything right now...not). I ventured to ask, "if I got whole milk, would you drink it?" and he answered: "I like milk."

Hopefully I can find some less contaminated milk that's not really pricey in the future, because I might indulge in some too!
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Success!: lift - YouTube

(Deadlifted 405... for 3 reps)

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                                Success!: lift - YouTube

(Deadlifted 405... for 3 reps)
                                good job

beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X