Clear All

• 200 lb deadlift yesterday at the end of my working sets
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Today is my B-day and I had the hope of hitting the 100lb loss mark today. Well, the scale this morning said I'm at the 99lb mark. Not quite goal but I'm still thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
        Today is my B-day and I had the hope of hitting the 100lb loss mark today. Well, the scale this morning said I'm at the 99lb mark. Not quite goal but I'm still thrilled.
        Happy Birthday! As a gift, I'll take your extra pound so you make your 100 lbs. goal.
        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
          Happy Birthday! As a gift, I'll take your extra pound so you make your 100 lbs. goal.
          Thanks Griffin!

Comment

• I started up Paleo/Primal back in May with a 5 week challenge at a local Crossfit box. Started at 249# on my 5'3" frame - Won the challenge by losing 7.4% bodyfat & 17.5#. Then I dropped to 30 pounds lost just doing a very lackadaisical approach all summer due to travel, etc. I'd do 5-10 pushups every few days when I remembered and not much else specific to "exercise."

My big success is I went back to Crossfit yesterday for the first time in 2-1/2 months and totally whipped through the workout including 60 x-fit REAL pushups... I wasn't on my knees for a single one!! I couldn't do a single REAL pushup back in May when I started, so if someone had said I would be doing 60 pushups off my knees in 4 months, I probably would have laughed in their faces. I'm just amazed at what even doing a 60/40 approach to Primal can do. Definitely slower going, but still success and I can't wait to see what getting back on the wagon will do. Gunning for below 200 by the holidays!

Comment

• I've successfully made my own sauerkraut!!!! That makes me very happy
              Georgette

Comment

• I can fit into a tight size 10 pants and have lost almost 70 lbs (159ish) since February. I started out as a 22W at 225 lbs on my 5'1" frame and have been loosing since. I did gain 3 or 4 lbs after eating 3 Smoreos and a can of soda on my birthday (July 26), but have since lost that and 10 more lbs.

Comment

• I had a Twirl ice cream come yesterday.. and I didn't like it.
                  I'M FINALLY GOING OFF SUGAR.
                  Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• I did Grace for the first time today in 7 minutes dead. Pretty pleased!
                    My Primal Journal

Comment

• Today at lunch in the office, coworkers microwaved up pasta or scavenged free bagels or ate a single bowl of low sodium soup while I sat at my desk and gnawed the excess fat and meat off the bone from my bone-in ribeye steak leftovers I brought in for lunch, with some brussel sprouts braised in bacon fat.

Its not exactly a "triumph" but it still felt pretty awesome.
                      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Some of my old favorite junk food simply no longer tastes good.

Comment

• While hanging out with my family the night before a cousin's wedding, I turned down Culver's Frozen Custard!

Comment

• Today I wore size 34 pants to work for this first time in I'm sure 5 1/2 years. But the extra-large polo was so big that the pants wouldn't fit with all that material bunched in there, so I wore it un-tucked! Ha!! At least for today I'd rather wear the smaller pants than look more presentable...

And I resisted the all-office e-mail that said "There's one cupcake left in the kitchen. Someone please go eat it!"
                            Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

• Originally posted by kpdx View Post
                              I just started eating this way 5 days ago. Since then I've been sleeping very well and, for the first time in over two years since I injured it, I woke up with zero pain/inflammation in my shoulder.
                              Yes, this! I just went Primal last Monday (I think) and already I have noticed a lack of stiffness in my knee that almost always hurts/gets stiff. It's great!

Also, I am feeling really great considering I have a killer cold! I can't wait to breathe regular again and LHT!

Comment

• Primal since April 11th 2011.

Amoungst other triumphs, I haven't had hayfever since I started.

Comment

Working...
                                X