No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've finally broken through my summer long plateau. I took my measurements today and have lost an inch from my bust, waist and hips and 1/2 inch from my thighs. I saw a group of people I haven't seen since May and several told me I looked "fantastic". Well, I may not consider my self fantastic yet, but I am improving!

Also, my brother and his room mate have both been primal for about a month and are both loosing weight nicely.

Comment

• I hiked to the top of a 6200' mountain yesterday without any energy slumps, am not sore today and still have lots of energy to get things done today!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Well after a month long stall in weight loss I have made it to 300lbs starting weight was 345-350ish and I started the primal way back in the spring

Comment

• Yesterday I deadlifted 395 pounds for 4 reps. Apparently my grip had been too wide (thanks to a training partner for pointing this out).

I'm so close to 405, I can almost taste it! But I will wait until next month to lift it.

Comment

• ^^^^^ nice bro...

405 is super satisfying for squat and deadlift... just staring down and mastering "4 plates" on both sides...

Good luck and remember keep your form and core tight.

Comment

• "They" used to call me "NONECK". Now I have one.

Its been a long row to hoe and been fighting the 200 pound threshold forever but at least I'm still keepin' on. Down 64 pounds as of this writing but Ive been lower as recently as June....you will have that from time to time.
              They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                ^^^^^ nice bro...

405 is super satisfying for squat and deadlift... just staring down and mastering "4 plates" on both sides...

Good luck and remember keep your form and core tight.
                Thanks for the encouragement and advice. As I've been upping the weight, I've been noticing changes in my stomach muscles lately. They feel... larger I guess is the best way to describe it. Especially the top pair right under my pecs.

And congratulations on the weight loss and making it through the plateau. Keep up the good work! Same to you chasbuddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                  Well after a month long stall in weight loss I have made it to 300lbs starting weight was 345-350ish and I started the primal way back in the spring
                  Grats man. It's always nice to break out of a stall. Keep kicking ass.

Comment

• After 4 months of PB I had to buy a belt.
                    I have been wearing size 14, but it was actually "should be 16 except buying bigger pants might force to me to acknowledge weight gain" size 14.
                    Now the 14s are comfortably loose and need the belt!
                    Even though I have been on a plateau for 3 weeks, I am losing inches.
                    Yay for PB!
                    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

• I'm not afraid to take my shirt off anymore!
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I can't remember if I posted or not, but last week I dropped below 200. I'm now at 196 and doin' well. Also for the fourth time in about as many weeks someone I haven't seen in awhile did not immediately recognize me. I also have a few friends starting to show interest in Paleo/Primal. I am hoping they can experience the significant life change I have been enjoying! I've dropped 51 lbs since the start of April, and that includes a 3 week vacation!
                        Beginning of Primal Journey:
                        Date: 4/6/2011
                        Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I just made it to the top of Mt. Kilimangaro, the world's tallest freestanding mountain.

All the details will be on my journal as I type up my hand written account of the adventure if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                            I'm not afraid to take my shirt off anymore!
                            This is really a big day for a man! The day my friend went to a yoga class and felt comfortable/proud enough to take his shirt off was a significant one for him. Congratulations. This is awesome.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• YAY Paleobird!!! Congratulations!!!!!
                              Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                I just made it to the top of Mt. Kilimangaro, the world's tallest freestanding mountain.

All the details will be on my journal as I type up my hand written account of the adventure if anyone is interested.
                                WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! So excited to read the details!!!!!
                                My Before/After Pics
                                Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
                                X