No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am currently between 8 - 9% body fat.

I've been there before (in 2006), but it was a huge amount of cardio and resistance exercise and very restrictive diet, which included: tirelessly counting calories, eating 6 small meals per day (which left me feeling hungry), constant balancing of macro nutrients (am I eating the right carb/protein/fat ratios?), absolute compliance to the meal plan (my cup of oatmeal with protein powder and an apple for breakfast, etc, etc) , tons of supplements, and almost no cheating. This time I did it effortlessly.

But more importantly - I haven't fallen off the wagon since reaching that body fat % 3-4 weeks ago, and I have no urge to binge. In 2006 I was below 9% for about 5 days before I went off on a 3 month sugar binge (gaining back over 20 lbs). For me the sustainability of this life style is the true success.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

• Originally posted by scubagrok View Post
      I only wonder what CW I'm holding onto that I done know about yet.
      I frequently wonder this. The list of what I've let go of in the last 10 years is incredibly long.
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I ran my first half marathon last Sunday! I finished at 02:37:15, a 12 minute mile pace. Slow but steady. I couldn't imagine even running a 5k a year ago. I am not a huge fan of chronic cardio, but it's nice to be able to say I've run a half marathon!

5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
        Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
        Weight: 259
        Total Cholesterol: 243
        LDL: 188
        HDL: 40
        Trig: 96

2-18-11
        Weight: 228
        Total Cholesterol: 239
        LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
        HDL: 46
        Trig: 49

6-23-11
        Weight: 197.2
        Total Cholesterol: 225
        LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
        HDL: 56
        Trig: 38

Comment

• Congratulations Kvalhion!
          There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• i just bought some 34" jeans!!

I've been a 36 since I was 21, and even bought a couple pairs of 38" when I was really heavy. When I started primal in Feb, my 36" jeans were uncomfortably tight, now I slipped into a pair of 34" levis and it was fine!!

I'm so damn happy!

Comment

• mom's finally on board with primal, which means dad and sibling are by default because she's the cook
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• I used to be a total sugar addict. Today, my boyfriend took me into an old-style sweet shop, where there were jars on shelves that went right up to the ceiling on every wall. He was really excited as he was taking me down to it. 'There's so much sugar in there, you will LOVE this place!!'
                I got in and looked around, and I didn't want a lick of anything. The BF took me by the shoulders and shook me a bit when he saw how unimpressed I was xD 'You've CHANGED, girl!' He doesn't like it. But tough shit. I'd rather go to a bacon shop ^_^
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
                  But tough shit. I'd rather go to a bacon shop ^_^
                  HAAAAAAAAAA. That is awesome

Comment

• My boyfriend has started eating the same things as me, to an extent. He still bought tortellini and bulkie rolls for a quick dinner/lunch (we also got lunch meat), but the chicken and veggies we got tell me that he's okay with my meat & veggies diet
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                      Congratulations Kvalhion!
                      Indeed. Nicely done.

Comment

• I'm still in a semi-swoon over "Bacon Shop"...

Comment

• Cooked 3 paleo/primal meals in a row, and DH hasn't complained at all, even without me cooking extra side dishes for him! You have to understand, he is SUCH a pasta/carb guy, this is HUGE. I think watching cooking shows with Gordon Ramsay is making him more adventurous in what he tries, and I'm attempting to make my foods more complex and interesting so he thinks I'm cooking "gourmet" not primal.

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                            I'm attempting to make my foods more complex and interesting so he thinks I'm cooking "gourmet" not primal.
                            That's a great way to sell it - I am cooking much more like gourmet than I ever used to just to because gourmet is from scratch cooking.
                            Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• I've been lazy, but i finally managed a couple full girlie pushups (about 5-6 actually). This is big for me, conquering the damage from childhood abuse in my shoulders (dislocated several times, thanks mom). It's taken several months longer than a normal person. But i'm over the hardest bit!

EDIT: Special thanks to all the tips and helpful advice to my noob questions. Especially Al Kavadlo (sorry if i spelled your name wrong) for being such a patient person, and your very helpful blog/videos!
                              Last edited by Nion; 08-25-2011, 12:35 PM.
                              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• I was walking around the house last night and a neighbour came over and he said, "Man, you're getting all skinny!"
                                There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

Working...
                                X