No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I go to the movies a lot, I am a total movie geek. In the past I would always get popcorn and M & M's and mix them together. I couldn't sit in the theater without having that in front of me. WELL, now I can go to a movie and get NOTHING and not feel deprived! If I think I might want a snack, I'll cut up an apple or take a small baggy of macadamia nuts and dried coconut...oh, and a bottle of water! I am saving so much money on this way of eating, specially at the theater. I sit there feeling very smug )

Comment

• After a couple weeks on a plateau (partially self inflicted by too much cake for my son's birthday) I have finally dropped below 200lbs! I haven't been this weight in almost 5 years, and when I made it before I struggled through working out for 1.5 hrs 5+ days a week. Primal is really a godsend in my life. My wife loves that she no longer has to worry about me ending up diabetic and cancer ridden the way that so many in my family have been before me.
      Beginning of Primal Journey:
      Date: 4/6/2011
      Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I have had a series of people not recognize me lately. I went to a concert on Friday night and some friends got to the club after I did and one gal asked her husband if I was there yet. I was literally 3 feet in front of her and she figured that it couldn't possibly be me. I am 6'4" and don't often easily blend.

Comment

• I went out for dinner for a friends birthday tonight, and saw people I hadn't seen in several months. When we stood up to leave, one woman said "Oh my god, you've lost so much weight! I couldn't tell when you were sitting down!"

I felt pretty damned good, even though I have a long way to go. I needed that compliment bigtime.
          Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• I am sitting here typing this wearing my goal pants, the ones that have hung in my closet on display for several years. They are McKinley zip-off adventure pants, nylon/poly/cotton or something, but with no stretch whatsoever. Though they are slightly snug when sitting, they are perfect standing and I feel amazing wearing them at last. I will need a bit more space in them before I do any "adventuring", but for work they will be fine. WAHOO!!

Comment

• Found a supermarket that stocks Bob's Red Mill!
              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• *jumps up and down*
                I CAN SEE MY ABS AGAIN! I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM SINCE I WAS 19! I CAN COUNT RIBS!

Comment

• I can wear Victoria's Secret undies again!!!!! Haven't been able to wear their sizes since I was 19! LOOOOVE my new undies!!!
                  "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Comment

• Oooh - sexy undies! I was super excited that I could finally fit into some a while ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by NurseMama5 View Post
                      I can wear Victoria's Secret undies again!!!!! Haven't been able to wear their sizes since I was 19! LOOOOVE my new undies!!!
                      Nice! I was excited when i could fit into Levi's *normal* range again too haha

Comment

• Eight weeks in = 20# weight loss. That's a full 10% of my bodyweight.
                        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• It's been 9 weeks since I've started the leptin reset and my sex drive has increased, skin looks better, sleep is great, am warmer more often, can finally tell when I'm full and I'm down 18 pounds to boot! I can wear anything between a sz 16-12 and some medium tops!
                          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                            It's been 9 weeks since I've started the leptin reset and my sex drive has increased, skin looks better, sleep is great, am warmer more often, can finally tell when I'm full and I'm down 18 pounds to boot! I can wear anything between a sz 16-12 and some medium tops!
                            Wow! That's quite the list of positive changes!

Comment

• I wore a clean pair of jeans today and forgot to put a belt on. I had to buy one when I got into town because they kept falling down Might be time for some new [smaller] jeans!

Comment

• Im down 20 pounds in a month and a half now and feel phenominal. I really don't believe CW on anything anymore. My first experience noticing how wrong CW is was about 6 years ago when I quit smoking easily by allen carrs book. Then a few years later I found thunders place, which fixed various aheeem male issues.

I only wonder what CW I'm holding onto that I done know about yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X