No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening my husband declared that I look awful - too skinny and my ass and jugs have disappeared. Bear in mind, up until a few years ago, this was what I've always looked like, I only gained & got unhealthy in the last few years.

Six months of PB and I'm crazy healthy and back to my normal weight = triumph if ya axe me.

Comment

• Sure is!
      I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
      Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
      "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• Today I ran up the Astoria Colum, barefoot, twice!
        My photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6&l=8bebdec44c
        (Warning: contains many pictures of kid silliness and the Oregon Film Museum, formerly the Clatsop County Jail )
        I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
        Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
        "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• I beat my nephew and his friend at arm wrestling this 4th of July. They're only 11 but I was still pretty pleased with myself. I'm not sure I'd have won last year. And the friend's mom said I would undoubtedly beat her as well, the weak vegetarian that she is (her words, not mine).

Comment

• Originally posted by 14erclimb
            Finally broke down and weighed myself... Down to 192. It's been 6 years since I've been under 200 pounds (and that was with starvation and chronic cardio). I started somwhere between 220 and 230 when I started Primal 4 months ago.
            Congrats dude! That's a fantastic loss. Well done.

My triumph is only a tiny one. A couple of weeks ago I put on a pair of shorts and was sure the button was going to break off, they were too tight and I wrapped a belt around them because I really wanted to wear them but didnt want them to break. Same pair on today and though they were a little tight, I was pleasantly surprised to find they were looser and the button was at no risk of flying off. Considering I can't even perceive a change in myself yet since it's barely been a week, I'm really please. Even if it's simply the result of having been eating less so my stomach isn't as protruding that's great.

Comment

• This is a small but significant triumph. A month ago, when starting the PB, my 36 inch waist slacks fit perfectly, and there was no hope of squeezing into a 34 inch waist. Yesterday I went shopping for new slacks...and the 34s fit perfectly. My 36s are heading to Goodwill.
              Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• My favorite jeans, my sexy jeans, you know we all have a pair....well I have had them for 5 years. When I bought them I was dating my husband and they were tight, but fit. When we went to Vegas about 1 and 1/2 years later I wore them, but unbuttoned (you know the rubber band trick around the button thru the button hole). When I started this woe almost a month ago I thought I should use those pants as a gauge. I've been scared to try I figured they would get stuck at my thighs. I got up the nerve and put them on today.....and pulled them up pretty easily!!! I can't button them yet, but I'm already doing better than I thought I was!!!! Also I'm 3 lbs away from weighing what I did when I got married!
                "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Comment

• I just realized last week that I have dropped below the weight I was when I separated from the Air Force. It's a nice little benchmark on my way to weighing less than I did after basic training (10 years ago).
                  Beginning of Primal Journey:
                  Date: 4/6/2011
                  Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 30 sit ups. at 369 pounds. + a sprint that left my buddy slack jawed.

<indignation> ask me if I "beleive" in low card high fat </indignation>
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• i feel triumphant always, but especially so this morning

Comment

• -I weigh less now than when I graduated high school 13 years ago.
                        -I can do legitimate pushups
                        -I feel like a fit and healthy person that happens to have some fat rather than a fat person.

Comment

• Last night my BF said, "So if I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast, what can I eat?" This with nothing more than some explanation of what I'm doing, a few discussions on what "no grains" means, plus the 23 pounds I've lost.
                          He is 6' 2" and eternally 160 pounds no matter what. I think he's been researching on his own and found some convincing evidence.
                          Yay!
                          Last edited by Blackbird; 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: clarity
                          "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                          "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                          "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

• DH is making really good choices on nibblies!
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I am up to 10 push ups - couldn't do even one, four months ago!
                              Cranking out 100 air squats is becoming child's play and there is a lot less cellulite on my thighs and backside.
                              I am down to size 4 from a size 8.
                              Everyone tells me I look great - and more importantly, for the first time in my life, I think that I look just fine

The best part is that all of this has happened with such minimal effort. I barely exercise - LHT twice a week (if that, even) and a 40-50 min walk every day. It really is 80% diet!
                              My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

• A couple weeks ago I made a girl blush by asking her out (too bad she didn't mention 30 minutes earlier that she had a boyfriend) but that was a first for me. I've lost about 28 lbs so far and probably have 10 more to go. I've never been that overweight but I guess my confidence has always been lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X