No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After ten years of serious insomnia, for five of those rarely getting above four hours of uninterrupted sleep, doing sleep studies, and trying everything, improvement came with primal, but still woke 2-3 times a night. With retirment I was able to deal with polyphasic sleep, but still felt I wasn't getting adequate rest. Then a bit over two weeks ago I started the Leptin protocol on a whim (still primal diet) of 50g protein breakfast within 30minutes if waking, 2-3 meals, no snacking, no food 4 hours before bed. I have had consistently 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep which is simply wonderful. My energy is so much better. No one who's not struggled with chronic insomnia can appreciate what this sudden sleep correction means to me. A pure triumph via serendipty.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• I just put on a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to button in 3 years, and they fit like a glove! I discovered primal in February, and since then, I have probably dropped well over 20 lbs and 2%BF. I'm 31 years old and officially weigh less than I did when I graduated from high school!

Comment

• Saw the doctor today. Lab work is still pending, but my vites are great:

Weight - stable at 295.
        Pulse - 62 bpm.
        Blood sugar (taken at the office and not-fasting) - 85.
        Blood pressure: 122/72.

BOOYAH.

Also, my 48 jeans are loose and I need to use a belt to keep them up.
        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• Excellent results, Griff!! Congratulations!
          ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

• Originally posted by Griff View Post
            Saw the doctor today. Lab work is still pending, but my vites are great:

Weight - stable at 295.
            Pulse - 62 bpm.
            Blood sugar (taken at the office and not-fasting) - 85.
            Blood pressure: 122/72.

BOOYAH.

Also, my 48 jeans are loose and I need to use a belt to keep them up.
            Fantastic! So glad to see your numbers are this good.
            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
            Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• You're going to catch up to me griff. I started 10 pounds above where you were, dropped 45 pounds pretty quickly last year then the SO decided she didn't like having to deal with my diet, I got off primal to keep the peace but was able to maintain my weight since we didn't eat complete crap anyway. Now i'm single again and have dropped another 10 pounds to right at 250 in the 6 weeks i've been eating primal again.

I'll share my triumph. I decided to put on some board shorts that I hadn't worn in 10 years (38 waist) still had some serious dunlap disease but they actually tied up pretty comfortably. Previously I'd had to go get new shorts because I couldn't get the fly to close.

Comment

• My two truimphs...
                1-while getting dressed for work today, my wife said I am getting skinny!
                2-said wife is starting to eat paleo with me after 5 years of being vegetarian!

Comment

• Digby, that is very good news indeed!

Comment

• I can feel muscles forming in my abs!! Just under the fleeting fat.
                    I found my hip bones too!
                    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
                    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Comment

• Teenagers at the park thought I was a marine when they saw how many chin-ups I did.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I'm finally in "Onederland"! The scale has been almost stuck lately even though my my body comp has been improving - I can feel my core muscles getting stronger (all that yard work and swimming in the summer). Yahoooooooo!!!

Comment

• Broke the 250 mark this week, started at 305 and now over halfway to my goal of 200.

Comment

• I broke 200 lbs for the first time since...well, I don't remember. I don't think I was ever under 200 in my 30's, and probably not since I was about 27 or 28. I'm 40 now, and 198 lbs. Just for a point of reference, Christmas 2009 I was 247 lbs, and I'm 5'10". Since going primal I've dropped about 34 lbs.

Comment

• I am no longer morbidly obese, down to obese
                              "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Comment

• Good for you - NurseMama5!!! I remember the day I was no longer morbidly obese. My hubby had just gotten out of intensive care after a 13.5 hr sugery and I gave him a big hug and told him I might just be around for a while. Now I'm looking forward to the day I'm no longer obese...

Comment

Working...
                                X