No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just stepped on a scale for the first time since leaving for a deployment overseas in January and saw that I am down just over 40 pounds. The only problem is now I have to buy all new uniforms when I get home.

Comment

• I just ordered my absolutely favorite "sub" from Jimmy John's...but I forgot to ask for it as an Unwich (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bread sub)...so I scooped everything off of the bread and put it onto a plate, where I am proceeding to eat it with a fork and knife.

Comment

• I am 0.4 pounds from crossing the 200 lb threshold. I haven't weighed less than 200 since I was probably 16 or so. Lost over 80 pounds, just bought a new pair of size 34 jeans, signed up for a half marathon in August, and had a great date with a beautiful girl last night. Things are looking up.
        5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
        Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
        Weight: 259
        Total Cholesterol: 243
        LDL: 188
        HDL: 40
        Trig: 96

2-18-11
        Weight: 228
        Total Cholesterol: 239
        LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
        HDL: 46
        Trig: 49

6-23-11
        Weight: 197.2
        Total Cholesterol: 225
        LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
        HDL: 56
        Trig: 38

Comment

• Originally posted by Kvalhion View Post
          I am 0.4 pounds from crossing the 200 lb threshold. I haven't weighed less than 200 since I was probably 16 or so. Lost over 80 pounds, just bought a new pair of size 34 jeans, signed up for a half marathon in August, and had a great date with a beautiful girl last night. Things are looking up.
          Nice! Bet you'll have more dates lining up soon Primal boys tend to make the girls go nuts!
          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
            Did my first unassisted, full weight (no "kipping") pullup yesterday on the monkeybars at the park!!
            I did my first one last weekend!! I was hanging out with my best friend and her little one year old at the park and I just...did it. I was just as shocked as my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              I... I think I healed my gut. I just realized that even though I've been eating offplan like mad lately, the worst I've experienced is a little bloating and some joint pain. Even my thyroid seems to be not caring about the grains.
              This calls for a festival of high fives!

Comment

• My triumph could actually go under gripe of the day but it actually is a pain in the neck because I've lost so much weight. I bought a pair of men's denim shorts at Sam's the other day because it has these big pockets (great for all the crap you need to carry when out hiking with a 3 yr old). I though their biggest size would be a little small but that I could probably sqeeze into them. Brought them home and crap - too big. So yesturday I happily return them and get the next size down because 2 inches smaller surely will fit tightly. Nope again - they fit ok but I want some time wearing them before passing them on and so I wanted them to be snug. So a happy Grrrrrrr as I march back a 3rd time. Since it's summer here in CO, I don't wear jeans too often and now realize that all the new jeans that were tight when the weather was cool this spring will now be falling off when it cools off here. Still gotta have a goofy smile!

Comment

• OK i dont know if this is a triumph or not but TWICE now in a row I have eaten to satiation......

For anyone who eats the amount they calculate and stop for fear of over eating but dont actually know what full feels like, It is very very strange. I am 40ish and i have never felt full other than by my stomach being full

Is that my leptin calling Boo-fuckin-YA
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• For awhile now, most of my pants have been on the big side, but I was pretty sure I was still not quite ready to go down a size. Being tall (6'), it always takes a lot longer for pants sizes to change. After all the irritation of pulling my pants up all day yesterday, I pulled out a smaller size this morning, and they fit! I'm going to have to go shopping soon
                    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

• I might need a smaller belt soon. I'm down to my last hole!!

Comment

• I just keep punching holes in mine, I'll buy another one when I'm down to where I expect to stop. For now the end has almost passed my left pocket. Another inch or so and it will be able to slip into the 2nd belt loop on my jeans.

Comment

• Since yesturday's post about the new shorts being too big - twice - I realized that the new shorts I'm about to exchange for are the same size as the smallest pair of jeans in my closet. You know, the pair at the bottom of the pile waiting for "some day" - well I tried them and they fit!!! These jeans were way to small about a month ago and since the scale has been really moving slowly lately, I thought I was dreaming big even trying them. I can definitely feel my core strength muscles getting stronger too. Must have been building muscle when I thought I'd hit a plateau.

Comment

• This week, I pulled on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in almost 10 years, and they fit. They didn't zomg pull yank fit, they just slid on, and fit. Today, I pulled a shirt out of my closet I've never worn. Someone bought it for me, and it was way too small. Today, it fit, and I got compliments on it!!!

The best thing lately? I was working in the barn, and one of the other horsemen came up behind me and said "girl, you're changing shape". I could have swooned from happiness.

Its happening!! Its really happening!!!
                            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Lost another 1/2" off my hips!
                              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• I just want to say that I have been low carb since January and Primal since March. Lost no weight, but 3 inches off my waist. I'm 48, female, 5' 3", and really only have about 10 lbs that I wanted to lose. Happy with the results, but confused why I wasn't losing some weight. Then it hit me, maybe too much liquid fat. Nuts and cheese weren't my issue. It was coconut milk and oil in my 2 mugs of coffee. Just in my coffee, I was consuming 50 grams of fat before lunch. That was on top of eggs, bacon, etc. I dropped down to 14 grams of coconut milk fat a morning and have dropped 4 lbs this month. I eat 1700 - 2200 calories a day, 100 grams fat per day, desk job, 2 4 mile runs per week, 2 20 minute strength trainings per week. Active with gardening, etc. on the weekends. My guess was my body had ample fat supplied so was not burning enough of the stored fat. Hopefully this post can resonate with someone else that is stuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X