If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Congrats Griff! (PS I like the sound of Dr. Griff. )
So a series of small achievements:
- a month and I had alcohol only once ( a couple of glasses of champagne). I think I have about kicked the "habit" of having it and made it an occasional MINDFUL treat. Still got another month to go, though to make sure it sticks.
- I've seen a noticeable decrease in my abdominal fat this month. Same month as no alcohol-- coincidence? I think not. I think my fat burning has finally really kicked into gear, I can almost feel it when I haven't eaten for a while, but am not hungry and my body is just chugging along.
- I've finally reached the point of not focusing so much on what I eat, it has become habit, I make good choices and I don't overthink the whole thing.
- Not having to think about my food all of the time has allowed me to focus more on being more physical (and being in fat burning mode and having energy has helped). Moving more, sprints while dog walking, trying out hot yoga, etc. I'm trying to work as much into everyday life so that it's not such a stretch to do, just part of the day (like pushups at my desk here and there).
- I now have several pairs of pants that can be taken off without unbuttoning I am not ready to shop for new clothes yet, but I have been moving into a different set of clothing that sort of fits for now. Tops that were once tight are now loose-- so a definite "smallifying" going on in my ribs and hips especially.
I definitely feel like I've hit a new phase where all of the "primal" stuff is becoming more incorporated into life and less of me thinking about it and talking about it and working on it. Just living life, and incorporating some changes. Nice...
sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
For the first time EVER I am tanning without having to get that base burn!! This is huge for me, the last few years I have felt that I needed to start a tan in a tanning bed just to avoid getting fried and to be able to be in the sun for longer then 15 minutes before burning!!
Also down 3 sizes in pants, ..and people are noticing and asking, "what diet are you doing? You look awesome!"
Yea for Primal!!
I fit in a lovely skirt I bought almost 10 years ago. I thought the moment would never come... And the skirt fits great - when I bought it, it was a bit on the tight side. It was such a lovely surprise. I thought I needed at least 10 more pounds before I could wear it.
No pizza for two weeks now. Also I have fasted several times, missing two meals and felt fine. Wheat driven hunger pangs that use to drive me to overeating takeaway pizza, mcdonalds and other carb overloads has hopefully disappeared.
I just need to get more motivation for exercise and then I'm set for some weight loss.