Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
    12 weeks into this WOE, I finally have a handle on my IBS issues. It's been three months of trial and error, illness and recovery. Now I can finally tell the difference between foods that give me a simple belly ache, and ones that make me sick. Do you have ANY idea of the relief I'm feeling? A sense of control, after years of feeling powerless. YAAAAAY.
    I have had my tummy issues too, so I have a sense of how big this is. That is beyond awesome, and it gives you a great foundation upon which to build your health even more.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Just for kicks and giggles, I stepped on my in-laws' scale after a big Mother's Day meal. I had to do it twice because I didn't believe it the first time.

297. (And that's with my wallet in my pocket and my keys and my shoes and the change in my other pocket, so it's probably even better than that.)

I have broken through the 300-pound barrier. I have now officially lost 100 pounds since I first went Primal.

BOOYAH, BABY.
      Last edited by Griff; 05-09-2011, 07:57 AM.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Griff View Post

BOOYAH, BABY.
        outstanding!!!

Comment

• Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!!!!!!!!!
          “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
          - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• Griff - So happy for you! I'm heading for the 100lb mark soon myself and need to decide how to celebrate. Years ago I realized that celebrate always meant food and drink for me, but I realized yesturday that I now am not interested in that and look for other rewards. To celebrate Mother's day, I started the day with a hike with my best friend and our dogs. It was great and guilt free!

Comment

• Congrats Griff! That is so wonderful.

I love reading this thread, it always put a smile on my face.
              No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
              -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• WooHoo!!!!!
                Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• You know Griff, you are an inspiration. I have watched you here since I joined, and I can see that this thing is real for you, not a fad, and that you just keep doing your thing, slow and steady, and off it comes. I'm a not patient person, and to see the real results of consistent effort from you, it's just really inspiring.

I'm here in this thread, because moments ago, I realized that I could pull this jean skirt off without undoing the buttons. I had to scootch it a bit (not much), and here, I had to scootch it a bit to get it ON (fly and button UNdone).

(Excuse the blurry cropped pic and weird hair. I was nearing the end of a dreadlocks experiment.)

Robin's Roost
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• Awesome, Griff!!!
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Oh yeah...and I'm down from a size 8 (30" waist, 40" hips) to a size 4 (26" waist, 36" hips) at just over 6 months Primal!
                      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I have broken through the 300-pound barrier. I have now officially lost 100 pounds since I first went Primal.

BOOYAH, BABY.
                        That is awesome, Griff! Congratulations. And thanks for starting this great, inspiring thread - I love reading and (lurkingly) sharing in everyone's triumphs. Well done all!
                        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Today at work a male co-worker asked me if I had recently fallen in love. He said he couldn't explain it, but I looked like I was beaming. Strange, strange conversation. But I am taking it as a compliment and I am giving all the credit to PB
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• I went hiking with my best friend and our dogs Mother's day morning (no kids in tow - oh yah) and had our picture taken at "high point" (very senic view). Later that day they came over for a paleo BBQ and we took more pics w/ the kids. If I didn't know it was me in the pics, I may not have recognized myself. It used to be "OMG I'm big" when I saw pics of myself, but now it's "hey I look like a normal person" and "that's me?" - I finally see the progress I've made!

Comment

Just for kicks and giggles, I stepped on my in-laws' scale after a big Mother's Day meal. I had to do it twice because I didn't believe it the first time.

297. (And that's with my wallet in my pocket and my keys and my shoes and the change in my other pocket, so it's probably even better than that.)

BOOYAH, BABY.
                              Congratulations, Griff! That is just awesome
                              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• today I had to add a new hole into my belt. started at third hole in january, the new one is number 9.
                                Originally posted by runnergal
                                You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

Working...
                                X