No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to write all of this up into a full-fledged success story if you haven't already. Amazing results!

Originally posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    Hello all - today is my 38th birthday, I had my physical yesterday and just got the results from my blood work. I also had a chance to compare my pre-primal and post primal results and I can only call this year a triumph for my health - before I put down the numbers I would like to thank all of you for keeping me motivated to stick with the primal way of life.

First off my doc has offically put it in my charts that I reversed my type 2 diabeties! Completely cured - no longer insulin resistant becuase of the primal diet.
    Next off the list is hyper tension: last year WITH Verapamil and hydrochlorot my blood pressure ranged from 150-175 over 90-100. I stopped both meds in the fall after a few months of primal and now it ranges from 100-115 over 65-75. Yesterday hyper-tension was removed from my charts! Ive had high blood pressure since I was 13 years old - unfraggin real.
    The doc was very impressed with those changes - the physical changes are even more dramatic:
    last year - 278 pounds, waist 48 inches and body fat 38%
    yesterday 203 pounds, waist 32 inches and body fat 9% (I have visable abs for the first time in my life!)
    I then told him about the the primal diet and I guess paleo is starting to go main stream because he didn't freak when I told him about it -I have been worried about my lipid panel due to the amount of saturated fat I eat (I sometimes eat upwards of 5 pounds of rare red meat on squat/deadlift days and have been known to down up to a dozen eggs in a day) To my surprise my doc told he EXPECTED my numbers to be down with my high fat diet - this from a Kaiser doctor - times are a changing people! I just got e-mailed the results:
    last year / now
    Cholesterol 204 139
    HDL 34 57
    LDL 128 69
    Triglyceride 211 67
    Cholesterol, non-HDL 170 82

so much for Ansel Keys B.S. lipid hypothisis!

Agian I would like to thank all you that post in this forum for the support - and I would like any of you just starting out to see the kind of differance 1 year of primal can make- grok on!
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• Rud3d0g - Happy Birthday and congrats to you. Makes me wanna go see my doc!

Comment

• This happened to me when packing for a whirlwind trip to vegas a few weeks ago. My friend had given me some 36/30's last year but when my weight loss stalled I shelved them. So as I'm packing I look at my 40/30's and say damn those are hideous and worn, let's try the other ones. Not only did they fit, they were loose. I haven't been a size 36 or smaller in 14 years!

Comment

• Just got a "L" shirt...

Comment

• Originally posted by spacemanspiff View Post
            this happened to me when packing for a whirlwind trip to vegas a few weeks ago. My friend had given me some 36/30's last year but when my weight loss stalled i shelved them. So as i'm packing i look at my 40/30's and say damn those are hideous and worn, let's try the other ones. Not only did they fit, they were loose. I haven't been a size 36 or smaller in 14 years!
            yay!
            ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

• My husband, who decided to go Primal, at least at home (he has issues when not at home, like saying "no thank you" when someone insists on buying him a slice of pizza), ran hill sprints with me yesterday.

Comment

• I am all in favour of this style of eating. Two years ago I got to the stage where I was fed up with being lumpy and about a stone overweight. I have the kind of figure where I get fat around the middle and a double chin yet have slim legs, hips and arms. I had never in my life had a waist at all - I was always straight up and down and when I hit my 30s even my previously great legs and bum had started to lose muscle tone. I was a total carb junkie -addicted to pasta and could eat piles of it and don't even mention potatoes...
                Anyway I have had a total switch around. I avoid wheat and potatoes, sugar, fruit juice and eat only small amounts of rice occasionally. I eat lots of full fat dairy, meat, prawns, eggs and any veg I fancy as well as nuts, lentils and corn (maize) and limit fruit to a treat. I use ghee, butter or animal fats for cooking. As well as that I joined the gym and took up weight training. I do "short-burst" cardio as well.
                I probably lost around a stone and a half initially but I think I may have bulked up with muscle as my weight has stuck at 63kg for MONTHS. I was almost eleven stone before but I am more amazed at the fact that I have completely changed my body shape. I have a really noticeable waist now and well-muscled thighs and my bum, which was in danger of going flat, is now nice and meaty!! I had to buy a whole new wardrobe as I was a UK 14 before and am now a UK 10 or even an 8 in some places! I still have a little belly but its nothing compared to what it was before and I am working on it all the time.
                I could barely run when I first started; now I have so much energy and strength I feel so pleased! I even have arm definition which is hard for a female to get!
                I just feel amazing for eschewing bread. It was poison to me. I used to get massive hunger pangs and I am free from that now.
                Theres something I found that I wonder if others have experienced..a lot of people were amazed by my results but when I told them what I did to get it it was like they didn't want to believe it. None of my female friends can be convinced to try weights and nor can they be convinced that eating more fat makes you lose weight. They just don't want to hear it.

Comment

• i havent had an antacid in 2 months, I used to eat half a pack a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScurvyDog View Post
                    Just got a "L" shirt...
                    Me too! I picked up three shirts the other day.... none of them had an X in the size!

And, my DH (who continues to eat CW including bread and cookies) has lost 10 lbs from not eating so much pasta and noodles at dinner time.
                    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                    CW: 146.8 lbs
                    GW 140 lbs
                    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• Finally found a doctor who listened and is going to treat me for my hypothyroidism. I can't wait to see the results now that I will be treating my thyroid!
                      I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

• Originally posted by primalprincess7 View Post
                        Finally found a doctor who listened and is going to treat me for my hypothyroidism. I can't wait to see the results now that I will be treating my thyroid!
                        yay - you will feel sooo much better!
                        Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeyt View Post
                          i havent had an antacid in 2 months, I used to eat half a pack a day.
                          You know what I used to get terrible reflux and I don't any more and I never even made the connection. I worked out that I got it from eating too fast or not sitting still and not digesting properly but I could never work out what foods were causing it. Maybe it was grains or sugar? I'm going to keep a look out now cos people were saying oh its meat causing it and I never even used to eat that much meat I am wondering if it was actually sugar that was to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
                            You know what I used to get terrible reflux and I don't any more and I never even made the connection. I worked out that I got it from eating too fast or not sitting still and not digesting properly but I could never work out what foods were causing it. Maybe it was grains or sugar? I'm going to keep a look out now cos people were saying oh its meat causing it and I never even used to eat that much meat I am wondering if it was actually sugar that was to blame.
                            That was the very first change I noticed with going grain-free. Within 48 hours all my horrific acid reflux and associated nausea stopped cold. It was a drastic change. I'd somehow gotten used to living with that state of affairs as "normal", going through whole bottles of Tums maximum-strength tablets every couple of weeks. But yeah, two days in I suddenly realized that I hadn't woken up with a throat full of stomach acid in the middle of the night, or gotten up queasy in the morning since the last day I ate my last bowl of whole barley.

And since then, I had one cheat day with a single slice of pizza for lunch and a bowl of popcorn after dinner, and woke up viciously nauseated with my tonsils bathing in stomach acid for the first time since going Primal. For me it's 100% grain. Not sugar, definitely grains.
                            “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                            - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• I'm usually around a size 6, which is pretty great, but since I've gone Primal it's like my body has kind of shifted (in a good way). I went to buy jeans the other day, a task which I had been putting off forever because I hate trying on clothes, and I tried on a size 6 first....then a size 4....and then a size 2. Holy man, I haven't been that size since I was about 11. And my ass looks amazing.

Comment

• I had to drop my thyroid medication - it is now lower than it has been in years
                                Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Working...
                                X