Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Griff & All!

Since starting in August with the primal challenge, I've lost the bloat in my stomach and continue to fit into smaller and smaller pants/jeans. There was an immediate result of me fitting a bit better into the clothes that I was wearing back in August because the bloat literally disappeared and my stomach kind of flattened.

I think it was 3 weeks ago that I tried on some cords that were form fitting in the hip/stomach area but still tight in the thighs. I have been on a plateau for what seems like 2 months now. Well, last night I had a pile of dirty laundry and had worn all of the pants/jeans that fit perfectly or were loose and needed something to wear out for dinner with friends. I tried on the cords thinking that it'd be a lost cause but then found that they were loose! Everywhere, thighs and hips. It's still kind of hard for me to believe since it all seems so effortless-I just keep eating primally and moving slowly. If I could just get my butt into gear and do some heavy lifting!!!

Also, it's a great feeling to put away jeans/pants that no longer fit and look ridiculous because you're swimming in them. Like others have said, there's no other feeling like it.

Comment

I have a funny triumph to share.

I've always been terrified of getting down on the ground, because it's always taken three people to get me back upon my feet. It's embarrassing.

Well, yesterday, when handing out the final exams to my students, I took a fall down the steps of the lecture hall and landed behind a student desk. Scared my students, of course, and hurt my arm a bit because it hit the back of the desk seat - but I was able to get up on my own with just a single student bracing me, instead of needing three strong guys to lift me to my feet. I'm getting stronger, lighter, and more flexible, or this wouldn't have been possible.

Even this embarrassing incident turned into a triumph!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Excellent work, Griff. And a huge congratulations to everyone on each achievement since going primal.

I buy grassfed sirloins from a local rancher. They usually come in +/- 3 pound sizes. Last week I was explaining to my son exactly how much weight I've lost following the PB. "Ten of THESE," I said, holding up the steak I was about to thaw for the whole family.

In July 2008, I was 191. I didn't discover MDA until July 2009, but prior to, I had already begun limiting my carb intake and had tried to start eating better. I was, however, still eating legumes, some potatoes, and some sugar. I was still around 185 in July 2009, but as of this morning...I'm now officially calling it an achievement...I'm at 160.

Other positives:

I'm also a migraine sufferer. Well, I WAS a migraine sufferer. They're gone. No more Relpax refills at $25/pill to manage headaches.

Dry skin issues on thighs and upper arms? Practically gone as well.

Chronic fatigue? Nil.

My wife (who doesn't post here) is also down to her lowest weight since before our first child (twelve years ago). Her highest was 220 after giving birth to our second child (three years ago) and today she's in the low 160s with me.

Like many other posters, I can't imagine ever changing this lifestyle or going back to the way I used to be. Our common goal in my house is to now be more faithful to exercise. We've achieved this much on diet alone, just like Mark says.

Again, congrats all. Everyone here is an inspiration.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife. You're definitely an inspiration, too. Other than walking and frequent yard work, I'm not faithful to exercise either, but as physical symptoms begin to fade as a result of this WOE and weight loss, I'm looking forward to exercising more. It's gratifying to hear about your results from diet alone.

Comment

New triumph:

Yesterday night my 12-year-old daughter said "Let me see if I can hug you and touch my hands together behind your back" - which she's never been able to do before - and cheered when she could.

It brought home to me how much mass I've actually lost.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

The Hug Test seriously brought tears to my eyes. What fantastic achievements all around!

quette's journal

Comment

Wow, Griff!!!

This makes me a little misty, myself. Thanks for sharing this awesome moment with us <3

Comment

Griff, that is so awesome. Your latest triumph put a big smile on my face...

My latest focus is to try and be in tune with my body. Eating when I&#39;m hungry, eating the foods that my body craves and stopping when I&#39;m satisfied.

I think this connection (that we&#39;re all born with) is such a huge part of being healthy. But with (CW) dieting and some emotional eating in the past, I&#39;ve really been out of touch with this natural ability.

I just had some breakfast this morning - some plain yoghurt, ground flaxseed and a few blueberries. It was yummy and nutritious, but even though I was filled up I didn&#39;t feel right. I didn&#39;t feel satisfied/my body was craving something else.

So then I made a few eggs, scrambled with some leftover roast chicken and fresh chopped tomato (from Dad&#39;s garden). I drizzled on a little madadamia oil on top. Then I had it with a side of leftover veggie soup I made yesterday.

It was awesome. So delish, so satisfying.. and it hit the spot! And you know what? This time I felt so content (not just physically full) that I put my fork down halfway and set aside the rest for later. That&#39;s something I haven&#39;t done in a long time.

Sorry for the ramble...! I know this seems like such a small thing. It&#39;s huge for me though; I felt like I&#39;m finall starting to have a real connection with my body that never would have been possible before embracing the PB.

Comment

It&#39;s awesome reading everyone&#39;s successes! Today I didn&#39;t have anything non-primal. For the past week I had been craving chocolate a lot. I had a cup of hot cocoa to curb that, with a small piece of dark chocolate. Today I didn&#39;t have to have that. So hopefully next month I won&#39;t have that chocolate craving.

Comment

Great job, Griff (and everyone). I had a small but nice victory on Saturday. I went to my fiance&#39;s niece&#39;s 6th birthday party. There was baked ziti with sausage, crescent rolls, a ton of cookies, cake, and some type of pastry roll. I had some sausage taken out of the ziti dish and coffee. A month ago I&#39;d have had 5 cookies, a piece of cake, and as many crescent rolls as I could stuff in my mouth before anyone noticed. The crescents were actually the only thing that even tempted me.

I had made myself a grass-fed, organic filet mignon in the late afternoon so I wouldn&#39;t go in hungry, and had some tuna and cheese afterward.

Comment

This is such a great thread. Congratualtions on your achievements Griff, you really are an inspiration.

My triumph is my taste buds are changing, no longer craving breakfast cereals or bread and last weekend I chucked out all my non-primal baking ingredients (baking is my favourite hobby). A big change for me!

Comment

Everyone&#39;s doing so well, I love this thread!

On Saturday, I met up with some people I hadn&#39;t seen for several weeks. They all complimented me on my new figure and one of the guys told me I looked sexy!!!! I can&#39;t remember the last time I was told that (except by my OH!).

And you know what? You better believe I look sexy!!

Comment

Aug 1 I weighted 234. I set a goal of 180 lbs. Today I hit the scales at 207. I&#39;m half way there.

Comment

um sort of a triumph lol. i&#39;m getting 3 dozen eggs for free today from someone my dh works with that raises chickens for a living. i know what i&#39;ll be having for dinner tonight!

Comment

hooah deadlifted 225

i feel like a big boy

Comment

Working...
                                X