Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JKC View Post
    Congrats everyone! Elwyne, can you let me know how maintaining is going? I have 10-15 lbs to go, but I have had trouble with maintaining in the past and could use some encouragement from someone who is managing it.
    I am new at this maintenance business. But since I'm more interested in health & strength than weight, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing unless I hit a problem somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoeticPixe View Post
      Jammies, this is an incredible triumph. I've noticed positive changes with my MS as well. No more fatigue (which was luckily my worst physical symptom). Good luck on your journey! You are also very inspiring! I didn't realize I was posting on page 74 the first time (eek). I didn't realize how many inspirational stories came after Griff's triumph story. Congrats to everyone! Good luck with all of your endeavors!! Forgive my forum newbieness =p
      Thanks PoeticPixe! I am really very excited about my progress

Getting rid of MS associated fatigue is a major accomplishment. My understanding is that for many patients persistent fatigue is one of the most difficult symptoms. My RA associated fatigue was absolutely brutal. My doctors even gave me prescription stimulants to try to help. I could easily sleep 20 hours a day. I can't believe I survived. Although my energy is MUCH, MUCH better now, I still have room for improvement.

Any energy boosting suggestions or tips you've discovered?
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Wonderful, wonderful news, jammies!! I've learned so much from you about AI stuff, and you've been an inspiration to me.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Today is the start of my 3rd full week eating primally... And in the last two weeks, I've gone from 133 lbs to 126 lbs!!! All with barely any exercise. I'm pretty sure at least two pounds of that is due to muscle loss in my left leg (I had ACL surgery on that leg a month ago and my quad has been wasting away) but even with that, that is more weight loss than I've been able to manage in years! Holla for primal!!
          My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

• I tried on the one and only bikini that I own today and I didn't gasp or run screaming (primally) from the mirror. I may even wear it this season to the beach

Edited to add that I am 45 and thought my bikini wearing days were long behind me but maybe not...
            Last edited by TornadoGirl; 04-09-2011, 02:16 PM.
            True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
            The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• Went to look round the local woods this morning, going round the same footpath I started going round about a year ago, pre-Primal. It's slightly downhill going out and uphill coming back, and at the beginning of the uphill bit I noticed a stick I'd left leaning against a tree there to help me walk up the hill. It was a great stick - used to mean my legs didn't hurt half so much as I trudged slowly up the path - so I smiled at it as I ran past.

Comment

• Finally reached my original weight goal this morning : 170 pounds ..

A 38 pounds weight lost (from 208 pounds) since the end of march 2010, woohoo !!

Comment

• I didn't cave to the cravings today!

My boyfriend used to need a ride down to his regular meeting spot several times a week, and nearly every time I'd drop him off I'd swing by QFC on the way back and load up on junk (frozen burritos and ice cream being my weaknesses), but he hasn't needed a ride from me since I seriously started getting into primal eating... until today. I did end up at QFC, feeling serious cravings for the usual. I walked out with a roasted chicken and a bit of fresh fruit. Yahoo!

Comment

• Hopefully, I haven't exceeded my triumph quota, but today I bought a pair of size 6 capris as something to aspire to and got them home and they FIT! I started in a very tight size 10 which really should have been a 12 so I'm psyched! I had no aspirations to get down to this size just to improve my health and feel more comfortable in my skin and boy do I.
                    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• I did my sunday walk in a bikini top, short shorts and flip flops and didn't feel self conscious for the first time EVER. Even when running and jumping and bending over xD I looked down and my belly didn't wobble much as I walked, which it always used to.. IT'S ACTUALLY GOING!!
                      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• I danced for 3 hours on Saturday night, and as I am Whole30, it was not an alcohol induced thing. I don't need alcohol to enjoy dancing and I can dance for a longer period of time than I have in YEARS! Woot!
                        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Today I weigh the least I've ever weighed in my adult life, which also happens to be the exact border between "overweight" and "normal" on the BMI chart (150 pounds at 5'5"). Yes, I know the chart is mostly BS, but I think it's vaguely relevant for not-too-muscular people like me, and hey, it's nice to be told I'm normal.

I've been Primal for just over 2 and a half months and have lost over 21 pounds. When I weighed 250 pounds a few years ago, 150 was my goal weight because it was the best I could imagine achieving--now that I'm Primal, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm actually going to reach my ideal body composition this year.

Comment

• Prior to going Primal I was beginning to become concerned that I might have to get my wedding ring resized since it was becoming harder to remove. This weekend I noticed that I could remove it very easily.

Comment

• 6 months today
                              10-11-2010 = 292.9lbs
                              4-11-2011 = 249.2lbs

Surfed for 4 hours before I got tired. I may have to post progress pictures soon

Comment

• Today I met with someone I haven't seen for a couple of months. She asked me if I'd lost weight. I haven't really, it's just rearranged. I have cheekbones and a slimmer neck now. I asked her if it looks like I have and she said yes and described curvy hourglass figure with her hands.

Well that makes me happy. What makes me more happy is that I look younger and healthier. I've been eating primally for about a year, with lots of thyroid/adrenal messes to sort out, but that seems to be happening.

For some of us, maybe it takes longer. Still worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X