No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a 30" waist (probably more like 28") all through high school and college. Then I got married and started working behind a desk and I started having to buy 32's, then 34's, then 36's. When my 36's started getting tight I finally started doing something. First easy Cardio and increasing my protein intake, followed by an attempt at P90X. I was seeing very little progress.

I went Primal 4 weeks ago, and had to buy new jeans this weekend. Back to 32's!

I'm still holding out for those 30's again before I totally update my wardrobe.

Comment

• Awesome, y'all!

I do worry about whether the intake of red meat, bacon and all will get me down the road with colon cancer, I'm not sure there is any proof to say that primal is safe on this front?
      Really, the question is, is there any proof that eating naturally raised red meat and naturally cured bacon will cause any kind of cancer at all? I've looked long and hard and never found any. Anthropology & history prove otherwise, as well. EVERY study I've ever found attempting to blame red meat and/or sat fat for anything had two categories: those eating meat and LOADS of sugar, and those eating lots of veggies and little meat. Little surprise that the first group *invariably* turns out worse.
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I'm in the navy and on a ship that's currently deployed overseas. I've been toying with the primal blueprint on and off for a while now and I decided that I would devote myself to it as fully as possible for the duration of my deployment and see how much progress I can make. I took a picture of myself and stepped on a scale the day I left and I will do the same when I get back. I plan on posting those pictures on the before and after thread. I've been avoiding scales since then even though I know I've lost weight because I don't want to get discouraged by the numbers. Also the rocking and rolling of a ship at sea make obtaining an accurate number on a scale close to impossible. However yesterday the captain of my ship stopped me in a passageway to ask how much weight I had lost and say how good I look so obviously its working.

Comment

• So back when I went primal in Nov 2010 I took my measurements, and I've been "Re-measuring" about 1x/month. Here's my measurements:

11/1/2010 (Starting measurements)
          Bust = 43" Waist = 38" Hips = 42" L.Thigh = 23" R.Thigh = 23" L. Bicep = 13" R.Bicep = 13" Neck = 15"

1/6/2011
          Bust = 42" Waist = 37" Hips = 42" L.Thigh = 22" R.Thigh = 22" L.Bicep = 13" R.Bicep =13" Neck = 14.5"

2/26/2011
          Bust = 42" Waist = 36" Hips = 41" L.Thigh - 22" R.Thigh = 22" L.Bicep = 13" R.Bicep = 13" Neck = 14.5"

3/22/2011
          Bust = 42" Waist = 35" Hips = 39.5" L.Thigh = 20" R.Thigh = 20" L.Bicep = 13" R.Bicep = 13" Neck = 14.5"

I'm now in a size 10!! WHOOT! I'm also down below my pre-pregnancy weight prior to my 1st pregnancy. I still have TONs of belly fat to loose, and I'm hoping as the weather gets nicer I'll have more outside time...for walks, hikes, runs and play with the kids... I'm LHT 2x/week using body weight, and I'm doing the Spartacus circuit 1x/week as my HIIT (only 1week into that so that hasn't made any impact yet!)

At this rate I'll be looking to get into some 8's/6's by the end of summer... I'm excited b/c I'm guessing now all my suits will fit!!!! NO buying new suits until I get much smaller!!!!

I don't have any "before/After" pics - I guess I should have dh take a pick of me....
          The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
          What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
          SW 190lb
          Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
          GW ~135lbs
          5'3"
          Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• aktres, wish I could take those 10's and 12's off your hands. I started at an 18 and now I wear anthing from an 8 to a 12 depending on the cut. Have had some things altered, my mom sews, but didn't want to buy a lot until I stabilize.

Comment

• Originally posted by KimT View Post
              aktres, wish I could take those 10's and 12's off your hands. I started at an 18 and now I wear anthing from an 8 to a 12 depending on the cut. Have had some things altered, my mom sews, but didn't want to buy a lot until I stabilize.
              3 phrases: Thrift store, consignment store, and e-bay.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I do thrift stores, only 1 consignment shop by me, and I never thought about ebay. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

• I started PF and eating primal on February 1 this year, at a weight of 265.5 lbs. This morning, the scale read 243.6.

But that's not the triumph --- while I can see a big difference, and my wife enthusiastically comments on the new-diminishing me on a near-daily basis, none of my colleagues have said anything, until this afternoon, when one of the software engineers I work with walked by in the hall way and said, "Damn...looking slim!"

Still 43 lbs to go...but I'm on my way, baby!
                  Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Comment

• I am now back to the weight I was on my wedding day over 17 years ago and my rings fit again!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• After a years' long absence, I returned to my beloved Kundalini Yoga class (against the advice of my Rolfer) on Wednesday night. I did very, very little .... but, dammit, I was there.

I felt very welcome and not at all like a freak. My yoga teacher hasn't changed one bit (although I look very different).

It really took a lot out of me, and I was in bed for most of the rest of the day. It wasn't so much a physical exhaustion .... more a soul/heart overload. Hard to explain.

I am going back again next Wednesday.
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Pebbles: Wow. That is BIG! Sooo important, for us women. Congrats!!
                        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• @RobbieC I'm right there with ya bro! Started the year at about 255 and went primal. Currently at 237 and just starting to crank up the workouts (did a lot of walking but not much else so far... starting back into lifting/sprints/etc.). I'm going for 200 as well let's get it!

My triumph tonight was that while at work, I was listening to a podcast and these guys started talking about candy... debating which ones are best, different flavors they enjoyed as a kid... blah blah blah and I just got the biggest sugar craving! I started thinking "a few swedish fish won't hurt" and started the debate in my head what I could get away with and not go to far off the rails. BUT... I remembered the last time I ate CW (some tortilla chips and queso about 10 days ago) and how I felt directly afterwards... which was PISSED. So I walked into the store... right past a HUGE candy display, got a jar of almonds and some pork skins (didn't eat all the almonds.. just a few do the trick) and instead of a diet soda went for an iced coffee. BOOM craving gone, snacked a bit, stayed primal.

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE! FIGHT THE CRAVINGS!
                          Get Motivated:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Comment

• Did a 90 minute "boonie stomp" this weekend and I was very happy that I was able to climb a hill that had previously kicked my booty!

This time I did it with no rests, no heart pounding in my ears, no whining and no collapsing at the top!

I guess carrying that extra almost-40 pounds really was a handicap!
                            ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

• Wow! Such wonderful triumphs! My triumph today is that I made mayonnaise. That may not seem like a big deal but my energy level is generally lacking due to autoimmune issues and adrenal probs. I found a yummy-sounding salmon recipe but it called for mayo and I didn't want to use store bought on my wild caught, fresh salmon so I actually had the energy to make homemade mayo after getting up at 5 am, working all day, and coming home to prepare a meal. I usually opt for something much simpler but tonight we are having:

"Ultimate Salmon", chard sauteed with green onion in bacon grease, and basmati for DH. Definitely a triumph!
                              True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                              The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• I haven't stepped on the scale in a week, the longest I've gone since I got it last Juneish.
                                Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                                Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                                Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                                Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Working...
                                X