Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAYTEEWHY View Post
    thats awesome Griff !!!
    not really a triump, but a funny thing happened today. a little old woman who works for the company I do always gives everyone a christmas card and a candy cane for christmas, when she got to me she said" nope no candy for you " and smiled I was about to walk away and she said but i got you this and she handed me some beef jerky !!!! had to hug her neck . made my day
    +100 to the little old lady!

Comment

• Wow, how have I missed this amazing thread? I've only read the first and last pages so far, and ALL the stories are AWESOME, but these particularly stand out in my mind..

TigerLily, FANTASTIC. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Feanor - you're right; that IS an accomplishment.

JAYTEEWHY - LOVE that story! and the way you told it.
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• My skin is so much better than it was a few weeks ago. I have had skin problems since before I can even remember, you name it and literally spent thousands on it without much success. All I've done is start eating primal and slather coconut oil on my face every night. It is SO much better. I even skipped the first layer of "spackle" I usually put on (AKA concealer) and am just wearing a light foundation today. My next goal is going to the farmer's market on Saturday morning au naturale I think this will actually happen. Can't believe it. The rosacea has been so bad that I look like I'm a problem drinker most of the time whether I'm on or off the sauce!
        True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
        The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• "spackle"
          LOL

this is great news!
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            "spackle"
            LOL

this is great news!
            seriously, i practically have to layer it on with a putty knife.
            True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
            The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

• What a wonderful thread! My minor triumph is embarassing, but its also a start, and still a triumph! I swung up in the saddle, settled my seat and my stomach wasn't hitting the saddle horn.

One step, then the next...
              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• I hit my deadlift goal for the year!!!
                Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!
                  (Sorry for my weird English... I'm a French-speaking Grok)
                  My goal for 2011: mastering all essential primal movements

Comment

• I lost 12lbs since I started PB in May and have great Biceps~! I don't know what my weight goal is but I know what I want to look like (Batty, Primal Jane, Athena to name a few). I feel like if I push a little harder, less of the 20%, adding another workout a week, I could totally reach that goal next year before my 1yr anniversary of being PB.

Comment

• I've lost 15 pounds in the past 4 weeks! It may seem like a lot but I have much to lose. Plus, I know I'll slow down a bit over the next few months. Either way, I'm eating and feeling better. Tonight I made homemade parsnip and beet chips in coconut oil. Better than potato chips if you ask me!

Comment

• I'm so excited! I might have lost enough visibly such that my friend actually started to eat the way i do too! =) I gave her the link to MDA, and she might be coming on to the forums soon.
                        Started PB 18 July 2010

-18.5 lb/ 8.4 kg as of 20 Dec 2010

Goal: to lose lose all my belly fat!

134.9/116.4/no goal weight, just visible abs!

going Primal works! ~~

Comment

• Originally posted by JLM View Post
                          Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!

That's awesome, JLM. Good for you - you're an inspiration!
                          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Thank you Sigi!
                            (Sorry for my weird English... I'm a French-speaking Grok)
                            My goal for 2011: mastering all essential primal movements

Comment

• My wife happened to roll over and put her hand on my chest this morning.
                              She said, "Ooooh! I like this. Keep doing this!" in reference to losing weight and gaining/uncovering (omg!) pecs.
                              That's had me grinning all morning!
                              carl's cave

Comment

• @JLM:
                                You will find the following blog inspiring and informative.
                                It's two 40+ guys from Canada who have transformed themselves with Primal/Paleo. They both look like completely different people.

http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....ey-victor.html
                                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                                X