No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is amazing! I recently downsized to a 34 waist after purposely buying the jeans too small so I'd hope to fit in them soon, but to my surprise they actually ended up fitting already!

Comment

I'm so trilled for all the people who are reaching their goals! Before I found this site, I just believed that there was nothing to be done about my weight problems.

I just recently had my first boy six months ago. I was looking for a way to change my pattern of poor eating and lifestyle, but didn't know how to be healthy (pathetic, I know!). I did have enough sense to know that diets weren't the way to go. Then one of my primal friends that I had mocked for years (of which I am now ashamed!) persistently sent me a MDA post. I read the post and ordered the book. Before I got pregnant, I was 5'9" and 220lbs. I gained 20lbs from pregnancy (including the baby!) for a very depressing 240lbs. I know I'm nursing and it's probably a little easier for me to lose weight right now, but without doing too much exercise I'm down to 190lbs and counting!! Baglady, I stopped weighing myself before, but now it's a special treat to weigh in, I haven't been this weight in YEARS! I can't believe how easy it is, and I never feel like I'm restricting food (except when I walk past the cake isle in the supermarket!).

Comment

Well my pants fit a lot better than they did before. And I look a lot better, and feel a lot better. I think once I get below 250 it will be a big accomplishment. That might take another month or two though.

Comment

Good work everyone! I've triumphed over sugar, baked goods, and sweets. And it has become permanent. A big triumph! Good thread, G!

Comment

Congrats Griff, after reading your post, I had to read your journal to see the entire process you went through and it's amazing and awesome how far you've come!

I fasted for 22 hours! Before, the longest I had gone was 14 hours and it was tough. That was 3 months ago and only a month into being primal. This time, by the 18th hour, it was starting to get a bit harder, but I was surprised it wasn't worse, especially since on a regular basis, I seem to have a hard time skipping breakfast as it is. I hope to do more 20+ hour fasts in the future.

Comment

I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but after losing ~10 pounds, I like looking at my butt in the mirror! Those last 10 pounds can make a huge difference. I feel like I almost have a brand new body.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
              On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I have found that even though I cook incredibly good desserts for my hubby (who won't stop asking for them), I don't have to eat a single bite of them. In the two weeks since I started eating primally, I've made sticky buns, apple pie, etc., and I don't eat them. It appears that if I don't eat the junky carbs, I have a much better time resisting them. I allowed myself to eat some treats on Thanksgiving day, but other than that, not a bite.

So far this is the only thing that I feel good about, because in these two weeks, I have not lost a single pound, and I'm rather pissed off about it, lol. I'm patiently waiting to be one of those who chimes in with "my pants are falling off! I need smaller sizes!"

Comment

This is great reading everyone's successes. Today I walked farther than I have walked in a while. It felt good. I really miss walking everywhere.

Comment

Today I completed my first day as Primal. That alone feels awesome. No more quick fixes for me Just a new way of thinking and a new found confidence in myself.

Congrats griff and everyone else. Like you Annika, I know 10 pounds doesn't seem like alot, but it can make the world of a difference on your figure and your Butt I hope that soon enough i will be able to stare at my butt in the mirror a little more often too.

Well done PBers

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing so well. Good triumphs all around!

I bought some jeans the other day and the 7/8 was a little loose, but I figured I'd better not go for the next smaller size since I'm gonna balloon pretty soon. haha.

Really can't celebrate the 3 pounds I've lost in the last couple weeks either... since that's a morning sickness thing and not a Primal amazingness thing.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Griff, first congratulations on your achievement. It is people like you who continue to inspire the rest of us. I too am making progress, I am down two pant sizes and am always looking to this website for recipes and support.

Comment

been primal for years, but since ive gone carnivore a few months ago ive finally been able to drop the last pescy pounds between me n my sixpack

its been drawing out more n more over past 2 weeks but this morning it was like- hello lover

and the fun part is- no starving, no cravings and best shape ive ever been in.

challenge yourself
                          i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was at a banquet for my cross country running team last night and, in addition to the healthy salads and meats available, there was a significant amount of junk food: cookies, brownies, et cetera.

While I was sitting in my seat eating all the primal foods that were there, I decided that I would "reward" myself for my dedication during the season by eating a few cookies. I began mentally picturing myself eating one, the delicious flavor and wonderful texture, but then I arrived at a different conclusion: I would get an uncomfortable sugar high, feel bad, and not be that satisfied anyway.

So, I abstained from the cookies and brownies, and went home and ate some curry I had put in the crock pot earlier that day. Best decision ever.

Comment

Well.. My weight was 235 lb last Christmas. Went primal in July. As of today I'm down by 63 lb at 170 total.

I might get as far by Christmas as you are, Eva

Last-ditch effort left.

By the way - before going primal I had my weight-loss goal for 2009 at 200lb. Beat that one by over a half!

Comment

CONGRATS GRIFF!!!

I went and bought new work clothes over the holiday for the job I started right when I found MDA:

Originally bought regular dress shirts with a 19 inch neck and barely fit into them. Had to buy pants that were 40 or 42's (depending on brand).

I ended up getting fitted shirts with a 17 inch neck (the only way I could find ones that fit my neck and I didn't swim in). Pants are now down to a 34, but I have to buy 36's until I find a brand that fits my thighs (which have become much larger/more muscular since I started Tai Chi).

Congrats again! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X