Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I aaaaalmost have a handstand folks.

I kicked up to one yesterday and to my surprise I did NOT hit the wall, meaning I'm learning how much force I need to kick up to one, before I knew it I was holding it on my own, it was only when I realized this that I lost the tension in my body and got too excited and fell down. I'm going to keep at it until I can hold it for long and longer. Just wanted to share.

Congrats to everyone else! I agree on the clarity thing, that was one of the first things I noticed on PB. Coming into work I'm taking the stairs three at a time and people are looking at me like "what are you so excited about?" as they sip coffee for a few hours before they can be functional. No diss on coffee, I drink it too, but never at work, I only have one when I wake out of habit.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Getting up from an armchair without the chair getting up with me. Being able to fit between the mirrors on 2 closely parked cars. Buying clothes off the rack in a store not labeled "Big & Tall". Not having to pay extra $$$ for the larger sizes. Being able to put down the armrest in my truck. Seeing all that space between me and the steering wheel. Seeing my feet when I look down. I could go on and on. It sucks to be 420+ lbs. and it's nice to be 270 lbs. I'm more than half way to my goal. Primal rocks! Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atouk View Post
        Getting up from an armchair without the chair getting up with me. Being able to fit between the mirrors on 2 closely parked cars. Buying clothes off the rack in a store not labeled "Big & Tall". Not having to pay extra $$$ for the larger sizes. Being able to put down the armrest in my truck. Seeing all that space between me and the steering wheel. Seeing my feet when I look down. I could go on and on. It sucks to be 420+ lbs. and it's nice to be 270 lbs. I'm more than half way to my goal. Primal rocks! Yeah!
        Did you lose all the weight with the PB? Great work! you know I guess one really has no idea what bigger people go through or have to deal with. Great progress though and I wish you continued success.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
          Did you lose all the weight with the PB? Great work! you know I guess one really has no idea what bigger people go through or have to deal with. Great progress though and I wish you continued success.
          Thanks. I took a lot of those things for granted until I gained 200+ lbs. I started as just low carb to control my blood sugar, then early 2010 I started getting more primal. I stick with natural whole foods now and it works wonders for both my weight and blood sugars. I forgot to add that I'm no longer the fattest person at work anymore. Whoohoo!
          Last edited by Atouk; 11-10-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Atouk, your story makes me smile.

Comment

• I have definition lines running all the way up both forearms and both thighs, without flexing. Didn't notice until I stretched here at work a few hours ago.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• 6 pack finally! Woot!

Comment

• Grok it Griff! Way to go!

Comment

• I can buy size 40 pants again... pretty much the smallest I've been since middle school

Comment

• I went for my annual physical yesterday. My doctor, who is awesome and who I only see once a year said, "keep doing what you're doing".

I am 133 pounds and 5'10" (178cm and 60 kg) and looking very trim. Hooray!

Comment

• today i hit the 20 lb mark
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Today, I walked the most I have in 2-1/2 years, since I broke my back: 8 minutes on the treadmill (without any support for 1/3 of that: 20 seconds of each minute with no handrails, 40 seconds with). Prior to that, while walking what I call my rehab catwalk for the physical therapist, he said, "That is the best I have ever seen you walk." (And he's a very understated-type person.) One of the other PTs told my guy, "She looks like a whole new person."

WOOHOO! I AM FLYING HIGH! I'm in the process of another one my "slingshot" cycles of recovery, where I actually regress, but then quickly shoot forward with a rapid healing spurt and take it to a whole new level.
                          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• That is truly sweet, Tiger Lily.

Keep on slinging shot!

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                              Today, I walked the most I have in 2-1/2 years, since I broke my back: 8 minutes on the treadmill (without any support for 1/3 of that: 20 seconds of each minute with no handrails, 40 seconds with). Prior to that, while walking what I call my rehab catwalk for the physical therapist, he said, "That is the best I have ever seen you walk." (And he's a very understated-type person.) One of the other PTs told my guy, "She looks like a whole new person."

WOOHOO! I AM FLYING HIGH! I'm in the process of another one my "slingshot" cycles of recovery, where I actually regress, but then quickly shoot forward with a rapid healing spurt and take it to a whole new level.
                              That is the best success story I've read, bar none! Well done TigerLily
                              My Journal

Comment

• Thank you, thank you! The biggest success of all goes to the neurosurgeon who saved me from paralysis and a life in a wheelchair. My hero! I came sooo close and am sooo lucky, that it still takes my breath away when I think of it.
                                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                                X