• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griff, you are my hero <3<3<3

Comment

• Originally posted by Griff View Post
      Three triumphs today.

1. Blood pressure this morning at the doctor's: 122/70 - WOOT NORMAL!

2. Body fat percentage (by YMCA/Navy calculation): 23.75% - WOOT NORMAL! (and a HUGE drop from my original of 38.1%!)

3. The Black Friday jeans are falling off and I'm on the second-to-last hole on the belt. Time for new jeans!
      Griff for the muthafuggin' win.
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Whoah, hooray man, that's seriously awesome.
        carl's cave

Comment

• Originally posted by griff View Post
          three triumphs today.

1. Blood pressure this morning at the doctor's: 122/70 - woot normal!

2. Body fat percentage (by ymca/navy calculation): 23.75% - woot normal! (and a huge drop from my original of 38.1%!)

3. The black friday jeans are falling off and i'm on the second-to-last hole on the belt. Time for new jeans!
          woot!!!

Comment

• Omigoodess! Griff, that ROCKS!!!!!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Griff View Post
              Three triumphs today.

1. Blood pressure this morning at the doctor's: 122/70 - WOOT NORMAL!

2. Body fat percentage (by YMCA/Navy calculation): 23.75% - WOOT NORMAL! (and a HUGE drop from my original of 38.1%!)

3. The Black Friday jeans are falling off and I'm on the second-to-last hole on the belt. Time for new jeans!
              So inspiring...smaller and healthier. Amazing, Griff!
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

• You rule, G!
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Just a little thing, but a fungal nail infection on my right hand that resisted treatment for years has just cleared up after 10 months primal.
                  My primal journal
                  You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
                  In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

• First post here, but I've been going primal since September 20th-ish after moving out of my parents house offically. My boyfriend has been flirting with the idea of going primal for at least over a year, but we both found it to be difficult because we were on a college dining plan with awful food.

Now that we're cooking for ourselves I've lost 17+ pounds in about a month and a half (going from 217.2 to 199.6). That's 2.7 pounds a week!

I've never been happier or healthier. I no longer feel depressed about how I look and I feel empowered to make many more changes in my life. I thought I was going to be stuck being overweight forever. I never thought that by eating fat I would lose weight!
                    Last edited by doitforlove; 11-01-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doitforlove View Post
                      First post here, but I've been going primal since September 20th-ish after moving out of my parents house offically. My boyfriend has been flirting with the idea of going primal for at least over a year, but we both found it to be difficult because we were on a college dining plan with awful food.

Now that we're cooking for ourselves I've lost 17+ pounds in about a month and a half (going from 217.2 to 199.6). That's 2.7 pounds a week!

I've never been happier or healthier. I no longer feel depressed about how I look and I feel empowered to make many more changes in my life. I thought I was going to be stuck being overweight forever. I never thought that by eating fat I would lose weight!
                      Yeah, primal is downright crazy when you stop to think about it. Then after a while it's more like "this makes perfect sense, why didn't I think about it before?"

Like, I wish as a teenager obsessed with nature shows I had stopped to think "Hey! these animals are eating their natural diet, why am I eating a frozen dinner/bag of chips/can of soda/pint of ice cream..." etc... I NEVER stopped to think about it...
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                        Yeah, primal is downright crazy when you stop to think about it. Then after a while it's more like "this makes perfect sense, why didn't I think about it before?"

Like, I wish as a teenager obsessed with nature shows I had stopped to think "Hey! these animals are eating their natural diet, why am I eating a frozen dinner/bag of chips/can of soda/pint of ice cream..." etc... I NEVER stopped to think about it...
                        Definitely. I'm happy that I mad this obvious realization (thanks to MDA!) when I was 19. At the rate I was going in terms of my weight gain I was going to be severely obese with a ridiculous amount of health problems (namely diabetes). I figured that it was just the hand I was dealt. I'm happy I realized that losing weight and being healthy are actually ridiculously easy. Not to mention that now that I've elminated carbs I have wayyy more energy to exercise... so instead of the vicious cycle of cookies -> tired -> lazy -> weight gain -> sad -> cookies etc. It's totally changed to considerably more healthier cycle of eating primally -> energy -> weight loss -> happiness -> eating primally.

Who would have thought that people can stick with something that actually WORKS... I've been telling everyone I know about MDA. My mom has even gotten on board and is trying it... and I never would have pegged my Italian chef of a mom to be willing to let go of the pasta and italian bread!

Comment

• Out of what otherwise has been a shitty day, I did my training this afternoon and plyometric pushups were part of the program. (Well, I chose them from a list of potential exercises... ) I've not done plyo pushups in a few months, and my best efforts then only gave a couple inches' hand clearance.

Lo and behold, I rip off ten clapping pushups. On grass... and it rained a couple hours before I was on the field. Not consecutive -- they went 5-3-2 and I only stopped to reset my hands -- but hey, count me surprised. I'd not done a legitimate clap pushup... ever... at least to my memory.
                          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                          -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• I just bought a pair of pants a week ago, and I already desperately need a belt for them. A happy waste of money!
                            5 foot 5 female.
                            Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
                            Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
                            Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
                            Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
                            "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
                            I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

Comment

• I've noticed I can think clearer at work, and churn out my product a lot quicker than most here. It's just that clarity that PB brings. I can multitask even easier than I could and when I want to focus, it's a fine, narrow beam. Sometimes too narrow, heh.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I am (was?) a severe emotional eater since childhood. There's been a lot of stress flying around the house for awhile and instead of eating a ton of cookies or chips or crackers, I rolled a slice of deli meat and cheese together. The emotional responses that kept telling me to "eat! eat! eat!" went away after eating half of the snack - which has never ever happened before during emotional eating. Usually the voice tells me to find something else to eat if I'd finished a container of carby stuff.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                                Congenital Hypothyroid
                                CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X