No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put my scale in the garbage can last night for trash collection this morning. Too many times I'd be feeling good about my progress only to step on the scale, see my weight hadn't changed and then feel like crap about myself. My clothes fit better and I feel so much better but still, I kept looking at the numbers on a scale. I'm not going to do that to myself anymore. The scale is gone. =)

Comment

• I hit my high school weight last week. Of 145 pounds. I last saw that over 40 years ago, so I was actually a little shocked and even scared when it happened. I'm a guy, 5'9", albeit with fairly slender bones. OTOH, some old belts that I still have for some reason now fit. And I found an old shirt that fits again. I can't figure out whether to gain some weight back or not.

Comment

• I passed my personal training certification yesterday!

Comment

• I took a knife to my belt today for the billionth time to make a new, tighter notch. I really need to get out there and buy some new clothes, this is getting ridiculous. :P

I was also able to refuse a Dairy Queen blizzard.
          Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 10-16-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• I was able to put on a corset for the first time in my life and not feel like I was fat!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I walked down a half flight of stairs like a regular person would.

For the first time in 2-1/2 years, since I broke my back. I didn't even realize it until I did it, and at the bottom of the stairs I stood there and said, "Wait. What just happened?!"

The $$$ Rolfing treatments are working!!!
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Of all the triumphs I've had in the last month or so, since I found MDA, I would say the most significant one is the peace that I feel doing what feels right and natural. Since the moment I decided to go primal, I have all but abandoned quantifying my food. I don't give a damn about how many grams of fat or calories I've consumed. Even when I decisively strayed, I thorougly enjoyed it. I did not fall off any proverbial wagons. I did not flog myself with guilt. This is my life and I am living it my way. It just so happens that since I found a bunch of people that have been doing it far longer than I have, I have guidance and support while I figure out what 'my way' is.

I figured out how to stop ruminating a few years ago. Although, sometimes, my brain slides into old pathways. I can reign it back in, but I have to realize that I am doing it. I am pretty sure the lack of processed food has made this all but moot.

Thank you, Griff, for this thread and your helpful, encouraging manner. Thank you everyone for your contribution here, and at other threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  Of all the triumphs I've had in the last month or so, since I found MDA, I would say the most significant one is the peace that I feel doing what feels right and natural. Since the moment I decided to go primal, I have all but abandoned quantifying my food. I don't give a damn about how many grams of fat or calories I've consumed. Even when I decisively strayed, I thorougly enjoyed it. I did not fall off any proverbial wagons. I did not flog myself with guilt. This is my life and I am living it my way. It just so happens that since I found a bunch of people that have been doing it far longer than I have, I have guidance and support while I figure out what 'my way' is.
                  Great attitude, congrats!
                  Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                  Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                  No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                  Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

• Thank you, mirrorball.

I have a new triumph! This one is not as philosophical. I was rummaging around in my closet for something cozy to wear (it's 34 degrees outside and if the heat is on, I can't feel it!) and found a running outfit that has not fit in almost three years. Not too hopeful, I pulled it out: the bottoms fit beautifully! (The top fits in the shoulders but if I zipped it, it would be waaay too tight. That's fine; I'm wearing a t-shirt underneath it anyway.)

Comment

• I'm down 5.5 lbs in a week. Maybe eating crap for a few months helped put everything in perspective, and will kickstart my fat loss so I can get down to my goal. Then it's just continue pumping iron!
                      Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                      Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                      Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                      Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• I've only been doing this for 3 weeks, and holy crap, I've lost 10lbs. That might not seem like a big deal to many, but I just can not lose weight while breastfeeding. I had my baby 3 months ago and last time I was hovering around the same weight for months, I just couldn't get the scale to budge! I used to be always hungry, but not now.

I love fat so much. Sweet delicious animal, olive and coconut fat!!! I should never have subscribed to CW and shunned it so long..

Oh and the best part? I fit in my pre-pregnancy fat jeans again! Not too long until the skinny jeans, methinks.

And I know I can stick with this way of life. It really doesn't feel like I am sacrificing anything.
                        5 foot 5 female.
                        Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
                        Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
                        Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
                        Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
                        "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
                        I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

Comment

• I went to buy a new dress for a wedding and found that I've gone down another clothes size.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuntPol View Post
                            Last night, as we were fixing our dinner plates, my son put his plastic plate on top of the hot stove and it melted. It stank and I knew from experience it was going to be a pain to clean up. Normally, I would have snapped but it didn't even phase me. I just said "Accidents happen. It's happened to me in the past. Now you know better." I am utterly amazed at how much food can affect mood.
                            I LOVE this. Years ago my husband deemed me the "Bagel Bitch" because every time I ate one I became some sort of monster. I never made any connection with the bagel until I started low carb and axed them. I thought he was making it up. My own mother can't believe how calm I am with my kids.

Comment

• I have TRICEPS! My arms have always been supremely flabby, and now they are less so! And in a while they'll not be flabby at all.

Comment

• Three triumphs today.

1. Blood pressure this morning at the doctor's: 122/70 - WOOT NORMAL!

2. Body fat percentage (by YMCA/Navy calculation): 23.75% - WOOT NORMAL! (and a HUGE drop from my original of 38.1%!)

3. The Black Friday jeans are falling off and I'm on the second-to-last hole on the belt. Time for new jeans!
                                Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                                X