Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwahaha sorry.

*visions of incredible Hulk*

(in a flattering, non offensive, no-I'm-not-calling-you-green kinda way)

Comment

• Hm - did someone forget to mention a side-effect of those green smoothies?

Comment

• now now..... don't get angry.....

Comment

• Just got a new pair of size 40 jeans at Target... I haven't been able to buy pants at target for like 11 years haha! 6 inches off the waist in 5 months ain't bad...

Comment

• I've lost 40 lbs in 4.5 months. People don't really notice it. They think I got my hair cut or something. But I can tell my body is changing. I think 40 lbs is a lot of weight and I'm very proud of it.
            Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Comment

• I just came back from playing tennis with two of my kids and my husband. Haven't played tennis in 30 years! Had a ton of fun. Then, as we left the park, I got across the monkey bars on the first try (NEVER done that before!) and managed to do one head over heels over a bar.

Fresh air, family, and a lot of PLAY. This is a triumph in my way of being. Why on earth did I ever let myself become a boring adult who never played?
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

• Congrats Feanor, Dyktynna, and Liz!

I started making primal changes on 9-7 (after labor day) and went officially primal on 9-22. In less than a month, I have dropped 10 pounds and 2 dress sizes. I have been stuck at 153 a week but have lost inches. Last time I was at 153, I was a size 12 but now I'm a size 10.

Last night, as we were fixing our dinner plates, my son put his plastic plate on top of the hot stove and it melted. It stank and I knew from experience it was going to be a pain to clean up. Normally, I would have snapped but it didn't even phase me. I just said "Accidents happen. It's happened to me in the past. Now you know better." I am utterly amazed at how much food can affect mood.
                My journal
                7/5/11 -Size 14;
                1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

• Great work Griff! Thanks for starting this post.

I can see the crest of my ribs without sucking in my belly!

Went from size 12-14 to 10. Now size 10 is a bit too big.

I also managed to eat just ONE french fry the other day from my friend's plate. I was underwhelmed.

No more carb binges, no more hunger, no deprivation.

I said that I'd try the paleo thing for 30 days. Now I can't imagine eating any other way.

Comment

• This morning was the first cold snap of the year and holy sh*t! I don't have any winter clothes. Had to make a Wal-Mart run (I know, but I'm poor) to get some sweats and long sleeve t-shirts. Both were size XL instead of the 3XL I was wearing last winter. I put on one of the t-shirts and almost couldn't believe that was me wearing it.

twoidhd

Comment

• Originally posted by twoidhd View Post
                      This morning was the first cold snap of the year and holy sh*t! I don't have any winter clothes. Had to make a Wal-Mart run (I know, but I'm poor) to get some sweats and long sleeve t-shirts. Both were size XL instead of the 3XL I was wearing last winter. I put on one of the t-shirts and almost couldn't believe that was me wearing it.

twoidhd
                      Nice! It can be quite disorientating, can't it? I really need new jeans, so I go through the options in the shop, grab a few in my size, head to the changing rooms, and watch them fall straight off. Ah, yes. I'd rather forgotten that 'my size' isn't my size any more.

Comment

• Are you kidding? That's a lot of fat!

This right here is 5 pounds of fat!

Congrats!

Comment

• I have two...

No binges since I started two weeks ago. Pretty good for a 35 year carboholic.

and

I did sprints yesterday and I didn't die. The last time I did those 25 years ago my HS gym teacher (shudder) was running behind me.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am wearing my skinny jeans today.

You know. The ones that I couldn't button around my waist prior to June.
                            If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

• I took the tape measure to my waistline today and it said 28inches.... 6 or 7 mths ago it was 31/32, it seemed to hover around 29/30 for ages and then I just didnt bother measuring... yeah, feeling pretty darned stoked about the 28!

Comment

• I finally broke my crappy eating slide, and of course the feeling of constant fatigue and distant nausea is gone. Damn you cookies and pasta for luring me into a fat trap.
                                Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                                Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                                Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                                Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Working...
                                X