No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spend my afternoon pulling all my thin clothes out of storage and figuring out what other clothes are now too big for me. I was worried I'd have to buy some new clothes for my India trip, but at this point, I may be "shopping" in my own closet.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• It's kinda fun, huh, Owly?
      Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
      Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
      Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Go, y'all, go!

So, Griff, what size pants are you wearing now?

Yea for clothes that are too big!!

Comment

• Absolutely fun! I've been through this before--after I was diagnosed with celiac, I ended up eating very similarly to paleo style because I had no idea what I could actually eat other than meat, fruit, and veggies, and I dropped from about 210 to 145 in six months. I'm looking forward to getting back into my size 4 and 6 clothes again.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Today, I crossed a set of monkey bars for the first time ever (not even as a kiddo!)

Comment

• My main triumph at the moment is that I am no longer scared of having my Taekwon-do dobok (uniform, like a Karate gi) top come open - as it tends to do - during sparring or kicking drills. I train with guys who are in very good shape, and I used to get very anxious about them seeing my comparatively doughy top half. Now I just don't care. I even went in my normal clothes and changed at the dojang last night, which I never would have done before for fear of being 'discovered' mid-change! Seems kind of ridiculous now.
              The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
              Blog
              sigpic

Comment

• Kind of a strange one -- I had a tooth pulled 4+ years ago. The extraction site got horribly infected, and ever since then, I've had weird jaw pain. This morning when the dentist asked me about it, I realized the pain was completely gone. Also, when the hygienist used cold water to rinse out my mouth, I realized that most of my heat/cold tooth sensitivity has also vanished. I know people had said they had better checkups, less tarter, etc. I wonder if systemic inflammation was the cause of my problems, as I haven't changed anything else.
                If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

• Old Girl's Got Game

Tonight my Tai Chi master told me he could not believe the improvement in my strength. Just a few months ago, he started working very slowly with me on strength training, and tonight he was shocked when he came upstairs to find me enthusiastically performing many kneeling push-ups. Last week, he told me I have far surpassed where we are at in strength training. He criticized me back in May for never pushing myself. He is honestly surprised by all my recent weekend warrior outdoor adventures.

The weird thing is - I love it! Push-ups, planks and squats. These are getting me in better shape to play hard! But, I'm still lousy at tai chi

Comment

• weighed myself today and I'm happy to announce that i've lost over 10 pounds in less than 2 months! woohoo!
                    Started PB 18 July 2010

-18.5 lb/ 8.4 kg as of 20 Dec 2010

Goal: to lose lose all my belly fat!

134.9/116.4/no goal weight, just visible abs!

going Primal works! ~~

Comment

• before I lose all my strength I have to tell you what I did today...

The goal at CF was the Fight of the Century Gone Bad (basically a Fight Gone Bad on steroids with some heroin)

The GOAL was in 40:00minutes to do 100 reps each of:

Box Jumps
                      Push Pulls
                      Wall Balls
                      Abmat Situps
                      Sumo Deadlift High Pulls

and then run a mile (if you made it that far...haha)

I did 100 each of the first four... and ONE SDHP... And you know what.. I AM STOKED! I can't believe I did 100 of ANY of those let alone all of them... in 40 minutes! Without dying...

Needless to say i cant lift my arms above my waist... which is an issue since I have an interpreting job tomorrow...

But... I didnt hurt myself, and I feel great!

Happy day!
                      Manda
                      Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• It's 3am, just drove 5 hours to my folks' place. Since I don't actually own a scale, I only weigh myself when I'm here, and it's been two weeks since I last checked in at 175 (down from almost 200 in Jan.), and I was anxious to see if I'd held steady.

Holy Carp! I lost another 10lbs on the sly. I *literally* haven't weighed 165 since high school - ever - and that was a long time ago. I just punched myself into a BMI calculator (I know, I know) and heyhey, I'm "normal" (HA!). I still think the BMI is a load of billshut, but it no longer makes me angry.

Manda, I don't know what any of those things are, except situps, and I can't do 100. You're awesome. Please don't hurt me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bUMbLeB View Post
                          It's 3am, just drove 5 hours to my folks' place. Since I don't actually own a scale, I only weigh myself when I'm here, and it's been two weeks since I last checked in at 175 (down from almost 200 in Jan.), and I was anxious to see if I'd held steady.

Holy Carp! I lost another 10lbs on the sly. I *literally* haven't weighed 165 since high school - ever - and that was a long time ago. I just punched myself into a BMI calculator (I know, I know) and heyhey, I'm "normal" (HA!). I still think the BMI is a load of billshut, but it no longer makes me angry.

Manda, I don't know what any of those things are, except situps, and I can't do 100. You're awesome. Please don't hurt me.
                          I am so stoked for you!!! And I would never hurt you!
                          Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I've been needing new pants for awhile, but let's face it - I've got a lot to lose & don't want to spend a lot of money every time I drop a size! Well, yesterday I was shopping at an outlet mall & came upon jeans that were only $7.50. The size I ended up buying? 3 sizes below what I was wearing. How exciting is that?

So far, I've lost 35 lbs, but I've lost lots of inches & so many issues have disappeared.
                            And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                            Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

• I just checked my body fat percentage with measurements, it's down from 14% to 8%! Albeit I only follow paleo in spirit, and am about 50% primal.

Comment

• It's annoying, but I've "missed" my window of opportunity for my decent pair of jeans. Bought a really nice pair in spring that were just a little tight to look good; put them on this weekend and the waistband scrunched up as I pulled the belt tight. Dammit!

Comment

Working...
                                X