Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
    Conquered two 5.9 grade runs on my second time out at my new gym. Pretty stoked about that! I want to hit a 5.10a by the end of the month.
    Update for me. I ended up completing a 5.10a about two weeks after that last post. I have been too busy to climb lately though so I definitely have some work to do.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• I'm having a BBQ today- all primal except I got people buns. And ice cream for the peach crisp. Anyhow, my deviled eggs came out schleppy looking so I put bacon on them. Yeah. I'm not sure many are going to be left for guests.

If all else fails, put a little bacon on it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Went shopping for new pants, and realized I needed a smaller size than I'm used to getting. Size 14 pants are all too big for me. I am officially a 12!

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
          Update for me. I ended up completing a 5.10a about two weeks after that last post. I have been too busy to climb lately though so I definitely have some work to do.
          I was at the gym a few days ago and I climbed 3 (I think) 5.10a routes. I finished up with a 5.10bc, a personal best! I'm excited to see what I can do today...
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• At a karaoke bar, a girl guessed that I was her age (24). She nearly fell over when I told her I have a 15 year old daughter and I'm 37.
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• A stranger waiting in a line next to me asked if I was a fitness instructor.

Comment

• For the first time in nearly 20 years (I'm 38) my weight was under 170 lb. Since returning to primal last Thanksgiving, I have lost nearly 30 lb and am much more muscular than ever before. In just the last month or so I have a little more than 2 inches off my waist. Since last Thanksgiving I have gone from a size 38 to 32 pant. In the last month, the big boost in weight loss and inches lost has come from starting to play golf again. I'm playing about twice a week (which is at least 10 miles walking with 20-25 lb strapped on my back) and going to the driving range for several hours a week (that's more of a workout than you might think).

Comment

• I've been primal for three weeks and have lost 10 lbs--hooray! First time in my life I lost weight over the holidays instead of gaining it.

But the absolute best: I got a cold after Christmas (as I do almost every year, my body just gives up after the stress of December). I got over it in one week. That has not happened to me since before I was diagnosed with lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, an auto-immune disorder). Usually I drag around colds for weeks and sometimes need multiple doses of antibiotics. I felt like a normal person again, not like someone who's a ticking time bomb because of being immuno-compromised.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrice05 View Post
                    I've been primal for three weeks and have lost 10 lbs--hooray! First time in my life I lost weight over the holidays instead of gaining it.

But the absolute best: I got a cold after Christmas (as I do almost every year, my body just gives up after the stress of December). I got over it in one week. That has not happened to me since before I was diagnosed with lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, an auto-immune disorder). Usually I drag around colds for weeks and sometimes need multiple doses of antibiotics. I felt like a normal person again, not like someone who's a ticking time bomb because of being immuno-compromised.
                    Nice! Good results!
                    High Weight: 225
                    Weight at start of Primal: 189
                    Current Weight: 174
                    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• So I'm sure if that's the right thread but:
                      I just found out that my local grocery store (literally a 3-minute walk away) carries frozen chicken livers! Hurray!

Comment

• It is really inspiring. Congrats!

Comment

• Long time lurker, first time posting!

My little triumph this week was the fitness trainer estimating my weight at 140 max (I'm still in the 150s) and my size at a 6 (I'm in 10s and 8s). He was obviously being nice, but it still goes to show how much muscle can change how you look and weigh. I have a long way to go, but after 9 weeks of 95%+ being Primal I feel great; stronger, more energy and more focused!

CW SW: 182 (12/12/2013)
                          Official Primal SW: 178 (1/1/2014)
                          Current: 158? I try not to weigh myself every week
                          GW: Healthy!

Down 4" on my belly, from a size 14 - size 8/10, and up from 1200 strict CW calories a day to 1500+ Primal calories.

SUCK IT CW!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X