No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I punched another hole in my belt today. I need a new one, badly. This is as small as this one's going to go. Sad cause I love it, but pfft.

Comment

• I did 3 sets of 10 clapping pushups! Another step on my way to being able to do one arm pushups...

Comment

• My daughter walked into the kitchen and said "mmm, what smells delicious?" - roast beef rack plus chicken legs for tomorrow. She always tries to be encouraging about my culinary ability or lack thereof, but a spontaneous comment like that was nice. Really excited that she's getting into good basic, primal foods.

Which I realize is a bit of a different issue to the terrific milestones and challenges on the thread, but converting my family to a healthier lifestyle is a huge deal for me, a work in progress.

Comment

• Yesterday I hit the 25 lbs lost mark after ony 7 weeks on PB! Awesome!
          Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

• Today I did an unassisted pullup for the first time! I've been doing pullups with a JumpStretch resistance band for a few months, but I had no idea I had gotten strong enough to do a "real" pullup. I was so excited I shouted to my husband "Look! Look!" and of course he looked out the window thinking I saw a bear or something. I said "No! Look at ME! Look at ME!" in an excellent imitation of a young child. I am so thrilled!
            My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

• Congrats Griff. For myself i started this at 193 and recently weighed in at 173. I am in incredible shape and can really feel the difference. While I am happy with the results I am far from finished. My 6 pack is peaking through but I need ot add more muscle to my frame. With this lifestyle I now have a better understanding of how things work and what to do to accelerate the process. For me it is all about living as clean and healthy as possible. if I don't add the 10 lbs of klean muscle it won't kill me b/c I know I have made a life altering change for the better.

Also dropping from a waist size of 34 to 31s. Crazy. That was high school over 12 yrs ago.
              Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

• I wore my goal jeans today. Now I need a new goal pair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helen in Oz View Post

Which I realize is a bit of a different issue to the terrific milestones and challenges on the thread, but converting my family to a healthier lifestyle is a huge deal for me, a work in progress.
                  Not a different issue at all. We post the milestones but we all know it is the little things we do everyday that takes us to those milestones. Converting a family is a great thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annika View Post
                    Today I did an unassisted pullup for the first time! I've been doing pullups with a JumpStretch resistance band for a few months, but I had no idea I had gotten strong enough to do a "real" pullup. I was so excited I shouted to my husband "Look! Look!" and of course he looked out the window thinking I saw a bear or something. I said "No! Look at ME! Look at ME!" in an excellent imitation of a young child. I am so thrilled!
                    I absolutely can not wait for this day to happen...lol.
                    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annika View Post
                      Today I did an unassisted pullup for the first time!
                      That's superb!

Comment

• Woohoo I did a handstand yesterday and a pullup today! Firsts all around! I guess I've finally lost enough weight that I'm strong enough to move my own body, haha

Comment

• I went to a Mexican restaurant today and stayed totally Primal - no chips, no tortillas, no beer or cheese! I even passed on the flan the table was sharing. I had a skirt steak with eggs and guacamole and it was awesome! Love, love, love this way of life!

Comment

• I bought size 29 jeans today, January I was wearing 36s. I also bought the exact same jeans in 27, which I would like to be wearing by fall.
                            Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                            Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                            Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                            Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Weighed under 250 for the first time EVER without starving myself.

Comment

• I have lost 13 pounds in a month, and dropped my blood sugar a whole bunch. My highs used to hover in the upper 500's and with just a 'hi' reading on the meter, to my highs being in the low 200's! Rock on! My lows have been between 66-130ish, right in my doc's range for me. Also dropped the amount of insulin I need to take.
                                Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                                Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                                me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                                273.4/269.3/115
                                Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Working...
                                X