No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started Primal about a month ago, with a few cheats here and there. Also, I'm not really exercising per se, but I do chase my 14 month old son around, and I work as a CNA on the weekends.

My triumph so far:

I've lost 6 lbs on the scale, and I've gone from wearing an extra large scrub set, to wearing a large scrub set. I hope some day to be able to fit into a small scrub set.

Comment

• I love this thread!

Well done everyone!

Comment

• Where are you Griff? Have you ever come back to your journal?

Hope you are doing well.
        Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
        CW: 10-11-16: 144
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Completed a 5x5 of handstand push-ups.

Comment

• I've eaten and lifted my way up to a whopping 152.2 lbs as of this morning. I got on the Tanita scale and it said 13% body fat (I'm more like 15% based on my own far more scientific method of calculating these things). And all my suit pants still fit, it's my shirts that are getting tight (in the neck/shoulders/chest area, not the belly). Nice!
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Primal about 8 weeks now and feeling great. Down about 9# and 2 inches in the waist. But the best news:

Cholesterol: 186
              Triglyceride: 117
              HDL: 59
              Chol., non-HDL: 127
              LDL: 104

Compared to my last physical about 35 months ago:

Cholesterol: 195
              Triglyceride: 185
              HDL: 50
              Chol., non-HDL 145
              LDL 108

Obviously, my 2010 numbers weren't too scary but I was hoping they'd move in the right directions after going Primal. They did and I'm very happy about it! I hadn't realized it'd been so long since my last physical. FYI, I'm 53 and male.

Comment

• It's now shorts weather in my neck of the woods, and I'm finding that I can comfortably squeeze myself into size 32 shorts.

A year ago I was still wearing size 40s (probably could've gone down to 38), and the summer before that I was only able to fit 42s and 44s.

Comment

• I discovered that I can do American swings with 18 kg kettlebells now... Me trying Primal more or less coincided with me switching gyms, so I can't tell which is responsible (probably both together). I can't believe how light the 14's are, and those used to be hard. Go me.

Comment

• My first triumph:

Cleaning out the closet, and came upon a box of old jeans and such. To my surprise, I was able to squeeze into my Junior's size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't fit into since 18!

I never got rid of all those pants because I thought "someday I'll fit them again..." Of course I never thought that would actually happen, and though I have only lost a few pounds, it seems as though that's all it took to go down a pants size.

Now, to shave the rest of that 'muffin top' off.
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                      My first triumph:

Cleaning out the closet, and came upon a box of old jeans and such. To my surprise, I was able to squeeze into my Junior's size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't fit into since 18!

I never got rid of all those pants because I thought "someday I'll fit them again..." Of course I never thought that would actually happen, and though I have only lost a few pounds, it seems as though that's all it took to go down a pants size.

Now, to shave the rest of that 'muffin top' off.
                      Same thing here! Pulled out the summer clothes to find the ones from last summer too big; BUT, the box containing stuff that "I might one day fit into again" FIT!! Such a great feeling!

2nd triumph.Walked into the gym this morning and lady at front desk said "Pretty soon we won't recognize you with the way you are shrinking" Made my day

Comment

• Just looking at what other people buy in the grocery store makes me proud of myself.

Hot dogs, French fries, ketchup, soda, ice cream, potato chips, white rice, wheat flour, bread bread bread and pasta pasta pasta. Good God, their stomachs must be in constant turmoil.

I am not perfect when it comes to my eating habits, I can buy candy in a moment of weakness, but compared to 95 percent of people out there I am practically a health guru. Comparing what you buy to what other people buy in the store really shows what a step you have taken. Thanks, Mark!

Comment

• Went to an intro CrossFit class on Friday. The scaled down, 10-minute WOD kicked my ass, but I made it through four rounds and a bit into the fifth, and as taxing as it was, all I could think about is how much more difficult it would've been a year ago.

I signed up, so we'll see where this goes!

Comment

• Conquered two 5.9 grade runs on my second time out at my new gym. Pretty stoked about that! I want to hit a 5.10a by the end of the month.
                            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• While I know the fat percentage scales are pretty much bunk, mine has been consistent, so I figure the calculations have some consistent basis, even if the real percentages are garbage.

When I was 165, it said I was 19.4% fat and it stayed pretty consistent.

A couple months ago, I started a running program (no chronic cardio - 30 mins, 3 days a week) and gained about five pounds. Checked the body fat today and it was 17.2% despite gaining five pounds. Back of the napkin calculation says I lost 3 lbs of fat despite gaining five pounds overall. Visual observations would say that is in the realm of possibility. Lots of lower body muscle gained, especially in the hips and glutes.

Went from painful, exhausting one-minute runs to running 20 minutes without stopping today.

Comment

• I'm into my 8th month of a fully primal diet. I've just increased my exercise regime to include a lot more walking and cycling, with some running. I feel as though I have unlimited energy. It's amazing, like being reborn...! The triumph is having this amount of time pass, and still having fantastic new developments. What will another 7 months do...
                                Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Working...
                                X