Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
    Duck eggs rulz
    You have not lived until you have had one of my ostrich egg frittatas.

    Comment


    • Well done on hitting your goal, MamaGrok!
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

      Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        You have not lived until you have had one of my ostrich egg frittatas.
        when and where dahrlin
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

        Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

        CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

        Comment


        • Doctor [after he calcs my BMI]: "You're a little overweight, here's a list of foods you should be eating"
          Me [takes a look at CW nonsense and laughs]: I've been doing pretty much the exact opposite and lost 40kg.
          Doctor [somewhat taken aback]: "Just keep doing whatever you've been doing"
          -------------------------
          Next time visit a different doctor, when discussing my medical history I mention I got gallstones but instead of having my gall bladder removed I opted to treat the cause and lose weight and get healthy instead. Doc say he would never guess from looking at me, asks me how I did it. I explain Paleo to him, and he instead of giving me warnings he gets super enthusiastic about it, asks a bunch of questions, gets me to recommend him Primal blueprint, says how he wants to get his patients into it and makes my visit free!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
            Well done on hitting your goal, MamaGrok!
            I second that. Woohoo indeed.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Liam View Post
              ... and makes my visit free!
              Great stuff, Liam!!!
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Liam View Post
                Doctor [after he calcs my BMI]: "You're a little overweight, here's a list of foods you should be eating"
                Me [takes a look at CW nonsense and laughs]: I've been doing pretty much the exact opposite and lost 40kg.
                Doctor [somewhat taken aback]: "Just keep doing whatever you've been doing"
                -------------------------
                Next time visit a different doctor, when discussing my medical history I mention I got gallstones but instead of having my gall bladder removed I opted to treat the cause and lose weight and get healthy instead. Doc say he would never guess from looking at me, asks me how I did it. I explain Paleo to him, and he instead of giving me warnings he gets super enthusiastic about it, asks a bunch of questions, gets me to recommend him Primal blueprint, says how he wants to get his patients into it and makes my visit free!
                That's so great!

                I hope that when I go to my doc for my follow-up (after blood work that showed improvement in cholesterol and triglycerides, and other "optimal" blood work results that I didn't have good scores at previously) I will have the same experience of telling him how I've been eating more bacon and eggs in the past 7 months than I have in the past 7 years!
                >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

                >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

                Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

                Comment


                • Put my wedding dress on yesterday - after 25 years. Dear God, what a Princess Di monstrosity it was! But it fits - in the waist - chest and shoulders are actually a little big.
                  50yo, 5'3"
                  SW-195
                  CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                  GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                    Put my wedding dress on yesterday - after 25 years. Dear God, what a Princess Di monstrosity it was! But it fits - in the waist - chest and shoulders are actually a little big.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                    Comment


                    • Just under 3-months into PB, most of the clothes in my closet won't fit. I feel like Shrek when I have to cinch my work pants together with my (twice-shortened) belt. It's winter, so I've been able to cover the funny waist-line by wearing a fleece vest most days.

                      Being a reasonable person, but also somewhat frugal, I don't want to buy new pants because I have a feeling my weight is going to keep dropping for the next few months. I went to a thrift store to see if I could get some inexpensive (but nice) pants this weekend.

                      One pair that looked good enough to buy, but was a 32" waist (the size I wore when I was 20), I decided to buy for later this summer. Funny thing? They fit perfectly comfortably now.
                      My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

                      Comment


                      • Posted a new Facebook profile picture last night. Just taken with my cellphone camera but in good light. A former co-worker replied, "How is it that you look younger than you did when I worked with you 11 years ago?"

                        She should have seen me a year ago before I changed my diet and exercise program.

                        Comment


                        • Sandman and WIChuck, slimmer and younger! Great stuff.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                          Comment


                          • Skin has cleared a lot (rosacea) and "belly wrinkles" (wrinkles under belly pudge) almost gone
                            Last edited by TornadoGirl; 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM.
                            True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                            The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

                            Comment


                            • Got myself a pair of jeans few days ago, size 29W. They are a bit tight, but they have 29 printed on them. Actually it is weird, I have weighed less few years ago (about 63kg, that is 4 kg less than today) but never have I had jeans with waist size 29 (oh but I did, in 7th grade!).

                              Went out Saturday night, put waist belt on my dress. It is one of these wide belts that is meant to be just under breasts, but the thing kept falling off to my waist. When I last wore that belt I was few kg lighter too. I have not changed my fitness regime much ( so this could all be some muscle weight or something). Where is that weight then?


                              Feel kind of blue this morning(few days back I chatted too much, saying things I should have not, feeling really bad and embarrassed about it). Thought having some candy would cheer me up. Just took 5 pieces, ate one, put other 4 back in the box. Did not liked them much, understood that these were actually the last things that could make me feel better. Small victory at least.

                              Comment


                              • Health screening at work today and cholesterol checked by finger prick. First time my cholesterol has been checked since going primal 7 months ago.

                                Total = 200; HDL = 80; Triglycerides = <45; LDL = N/A (said if way low it doesn't register). Numbers never been that good!

                                Lady doing screening told me my numbers are awesome, and my diet must be really good. I told her it is - meat, veggies, and fat! Eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast. The look on her face was priceless as she put away her "healthy eating" guidelines and said I probably didn't need it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X