No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love reading everyone's successes! Great work, everyone!

Last night, I had success getting my most picky-eater child to eat a new cooked vegetable! I made a paleo carrot soufflé, and as expected after one tiny bite she left the rest sit untouched. Then inspiration hit. The soufflé had been sweetened with a little maple syrup but was not very sweet at all, so I asked if she'd like a little more maple syrup to sweeten it (she loves maple syrup). After pouring a little maple syrup on her plate for her to dip in, she quickly gobbled down the entire carrot souffle! The carrot souffle will now be on regular rotation at our house!

As for me, after trying to go Primal on and off over the summer, I've now been eating completely Primally for one week. In that week, not only have various aches and pains disappeared, and joints changed from stiff to flexible, but yesterday my jeans were falling off of me, so I dug out a pair that didn't fit at the beginning of the summer. They fit perfectly, despite me weighing at least 10-20 pounds more than the weight at which they fit in the past! I wouldn't believe the rapid changes if I hadn't experienced them for myself!

Comment

• went to the beach this weekend. two triumphs

#1 comfortable in my skin... it isnt yet LGN but dammit i was no worse than anyone else there ( sad to say) and better than many. and even while i noticed that, it was not the comparison that made me comfortable i just was. 5 years ago i took off my shirt and ran ( as fast as i could) for the surf in shame. Yesterday i left the hotel without a shirt, strolled across the street stood on the beach watched the sunrise got in the water and said good bye to the ocean and strolled back to the hotel. no mas.

#2 no gain... LOL Stubborn asshole FTW. Cooked 2 pounds of grass fed beef ( burgers) to take for breakfast. ate all you can eat seafood for dinner. we have gotten rather spoiled so we brought our own coffee and cream but forgot the butter, next time butter, next time. result. up 0.6 lbs... which is no gain in my book... WINNING
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• My boyfriend, a vegetable-hater, actually asked for some grilled green peppers with his sausage/rice gumbo I made. (I'm not making him go primal, so he still eats rice and other starches, but usually when I make a protein we just have different sides. This time he stole my grilled peppers!!!!)

Baby steps!
        >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
        >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
        >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• Rice and other starches are totally primal.
          Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• Down 55 pounds in 8 months. Blood pressure down. Sleeping better. Chronic pain 90% gone. Joints hurting less, although I'm still trying to figure out how to regrow cartilage. Just ate my first homegrown chicken last night, it was delicious. Can't wait to have the bone broth for lunch. My diet is mostly eggs, moose, salmon, berries, all local. Looking forward to my first beach vacation in 6 years and not afraid of wearing a bathing suit. I can hardly wait. When I couldn't sleep tonight I read the MDA forums, my new addiction, and decided to post here. When I couldn't sleep in the past I would get up and eat, eat, eat because I was still hungry after eating carbs all day. I have a whole new life at 48 and it's still getting better all the time.

Comment

• I successfully completed day two of the basic program for "You Are Your Own Gym"... And I didn't fall over dead!

This is a major triumph because I was wondering, based on my soreness from day 1, if I'd make it. Also, went out with girlfriends last night and sticking to a basic primal plan wasn't too hard. THAT is a big difference for me. Woohoo!
              Last edited by Jamilyn121; 09-08-2012, 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling
              My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• Looking for fall/winter shoes and boots I realized that I don't have to buy wide-calf boots for the first time ever!

Comment

• As a NSV (non-scale victory), this might be a little one, but still significant to me: I realized as I painted the toenails that I could STILL BREATHE!!!!

Comment

• Punched (well, drilled with the air drill at work haha) another hole in my belt today. Good feeling.

Comment

• RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.97 - (preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) IDEAL

Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.596 - (preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) IDEAL

Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 1.462 - (preferably under 4, ideally under 2) IDEAL

YEAH Paleo ftw
                      Still a bit concerned with my triglycerides being 94 mg/dl but... could be due to my yet to be corrected hormonal imbalances with my TRT (Estradiol, hypothyroidism...etc)
                      Last edited by Daydreamer; 09-14-2012, 05:23 AM.
                      Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                      (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

• 322.8 closing in on 310.... woot almost back to teen aged weight
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Good job quelsen. Your success is inspiring.
                          I've got a triumph..
                          I feel hot.
                          Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• I've dropped three pant sizes in as many months. Going from 46 to 40 has been nice, but I am going to have to buy new pants. I took all of my 46 and 44s to the the salvation army the other day, perhaps someone else can make use of them.
                            Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                            SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                            CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

• Got on the scales this morning for the first time in a few weeks - and at 5'6'' and 153 pounds, I am FINALLY back within a healthy BMI range! Plus, felt comfortable enough to paddleboard in just my bikini - first time I have ditched the rash vest and board shorts since getting on a board back in July.

Started Primal on 11th June so in just over three months I have lost 23 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10 or so, but now my focus is less on the scales and more on body composition. If I stay this weight and lower my body fat, that's fine.

Right, off shopping to buy some new work clothes now, as none of my old trousers fit me any more...

Comment

• I've just gone a week without sugar. I don't know quite how, but I have
                                The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X